The Greatest Superhero Videogame in The History of Ever...

ourchair

...is Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich

Whine all you want about stinky superhero movie tie-in videogames.

Complain all you can about all those cruddy 8/16-bit platformers based on 90s story arcs.

This is still the bestest ever.

No joke.

Hi-Res Quicktime Trailer: http://download2.gamespot.com/sd/nT...mforce3rdreich/ff3rdreich_pc021505_ot1_qt.mov

Streaming Videos:
http://www.gametrailers.com/game/1481.html

Also, Tombstone is all sorts of funny cool.

07-ff-tombstone00.gif

It's even better with mods. found here http://www.frpmods.com/index.html which have DC , Marvel and more mods. My favourites were the Batman one and the Ultimate X-men 1
I've played around with a few skins, but I've never used a mod except for the Fantastic Four one for the first game, (simply titled Freedom Force without the "Third Reich")

I feel that the characters and story are so much fun, that I'm satisfied enough to not need the mods. Especially since most of them just aren't as well implemented as the game itself.

Unless of course, you know of any exceptions. I would kill to play a really good Fantastic Four mod for vs. The Third Reich

The greatest superhero vigeogame in the history of ever is spider-man for the atari 2600. I enjoyed climbing the "empire state building" on every level while throwing square, pixelated "webs" at the "green goblin" who had a hydrogen bomb or something stashed in the needle. He was also throwing "pumpkin bombs" at your "spider-man" during all of this.

Spiderman_2600_ScreenShot2.jpg

Just an example of it's greatness.

The greatest superhero vigeogame in the history of ever is spider-man for the atari 2600. I enjoyed climbing the "empire state building" on every level while throwing square, pixelated "webs" at the "green goblin" who had a hydrogen bomb or something stashed in the needle. He was also throwing "pumpkin bombs" at your "spider-man" during all of this.

Spiderman_2600_ScreenShot2.jpg

Just an example of it's greatness.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

But you're still wrong.

Witness my stellar debate skills.

I've played around with a few skins, but I've never used a mod except for the Fantastic Four one for the first game, (simply titled Freedom Force without the "Third Reich")

I feel that the characters and story are so much fun, that I'm satisfied enough to not need the mods. Especially since most of them just aren't as well implemented as the game itself.

Unless of course, you know of any exceptions. I would kill to play a really good Fantastic Four mod for vs. The Third Reich

I agree , however after you complete the game , It's cool as it gives you a new game , The batman one was very well done but I think the best is Ultimate X-men.

Like the description said
Ultimate X-men puts you in control of your favorite "Ultimized" hero and allows you to play through the story of the first four comics. The mod does have an slightly alternate take on the stories, so if you want to get full understanding, I suggest reading the comics.

I played it right after I had read the first two Ultimate X-men tpbs and I have to say It's brilliant.

I played it right after I had read the first two Ultimate X-men tpbs and I have to say It's brilliant.
Rick McCallum: "When Mole told me that he was going to read the first two Ultimate X-Men trades and then play the "Ultimized" mod for Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich, I thought, 'That's brilliant!'"

Last edited:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

But you're still wrong.

Witness my stellar debate skills.

Sorry, you lose. I won the debate before it started. How could you ever argue against Spider-Man for the Atari 2600? That's seriously like putting the Dolph Lungdren Punisher film against the Tom Jane REMAKE (YES IT WAS A REMAKE!). Dolph Lungdren wins. You lose.

Yes, the Freedom Force games are quite good.

Also good superhero games:

City of Heroes/Villains (If you're into MMORPGs)
X-men Legends (Especially 2)
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Spider-Man 2
Ultimate Spider-Man (If only it were longer)

The only superhero game that's actually impressed me has been Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.

This is not a discussion of other games.

Otherwise the thread would be called, "What is the greatest superhero videogame in the history of ever?"

Freedom Force and Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich is not only fun, but it's got a wonderfully entertaining story that embraces 60s insanity yet somehow transcends it intelligently.

And the characters are great. I'm probably happier that they made a game with original properties than if they had opted to apply for a license with Marvel or DC. Tombstone and Man-Bot are kinda awesometastic.

Also, oddly enough I disliked (but not outright hated) Ultimate Alliance even though I really loved X-Men Legends II. Ultimate Alliance felt like a really badly muted, messily plotted version of the X-Men Legends games.

I would check this out if it was available on a console. I hate playing games on a PC.

I would check this out if it was available on a console. I hate playing games on a PC.

Console wise Marvel Ultimate Alliance is similar gameplay wise but better.

You are wrong.

Ultimate Alliance was moronic and twice as long as it should have been.

I didn't think it was that long. Plus I mean Freedforce plays very similar to Ultimate Alliance but as you would expect as it's newer Ultimate Alliance is better. Better movies , Better story , better gameplay

However Freedforce games are still great

but as you would expect as it's newer Ultimate Alliance is better.
Because it's newer it's better?

Where do you get this reasoning? Did it come out of a cereal box?

Ultimate Alliance was basically what happened when Raven Software decided they wanted to add a feature to X-Men Legends II that makes it boring.

Latest posts

Back