The Immortal Iron Fist #1-16 discussion [Fraction/Brubaker/Aja] [spoilers]

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Awesome start. I love Ed Brubaker, and Matt Fraction is pretty cool. Combine these two writers with David Aja's pulp style art? We have a winner.

The first issue is about a Chinese billionaire proposing an offer to Danny Rand. Danny is suspicious and declines the offer. Later on, as Iron Fist, he investigates the Chinese man's building, and is attacked by Hydra agents. This is actually where the story starts, but it crisscrosses all the time.

While fighting the agents, he remembers his origin, and about how he became Iron Fist.

The issue ends with two women attacking a man believed to be Danny Rand, but it is revealed he is another Iron Fist, Rand's father.

Great start, and I'll be reading this for as long as this is the creative team.

Re: The Immortal Iron Fist series discussion (Spoilers!)

Awesome start. I love Ed Brubaker, and Matt Fraction is pretty cool. Combine these two writers with David Aja's pulp style art? We have a winner.

The first issue is about a Chinese billionaire proposing an offer to Danny Rand. Danny is suspicious and declines the offer. Later on, as Iron Fist, he investigates the Chinese man's building, and is attacked by Hydra agents. This is actually where the story starts, but it crisscrosses all the time.

While fighting the agents, he remembers his origin, and about how he became Iron Fist.

The issue ends with two women attacking a man believed to be Danny Rand, but it is revealed he is another Iron Fist, Rand's father.

Great start, and I'll be reading this for as long as this is the creative team.

i cant wait for this book, it just sounds so incredible i cant wait

iron fist (like my 3rd favorite charactor of all time)
+
Brubaker (my current favorite writer)
+
Fraction (has me intrigued and i really liked P:WJ last week)
+
Aja (jaw dropping art should have been one of the young guns)
=
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

how did you get this book early? or was it a preview sample or something?

i imagine danny's dad is the guy seen on the cover of issue #4

Very very awesome.

Way better than I expected.

I like the parallel panel at the beginning to him as Iron Fist and him in Daredevil.

I think it was leaked somewhere, and because I'm an illegal pirate, I have obtained this morsel so I can dispose of it.

But yes, it's good. Pick this up. It's the next big thing.

I think it was leaked somewhere, and because I'm an illegal pirate, I have obtained this morsel so I can dispose of it.

But yes, it's good. Pick this up. It's the next big thing.

do you have an eye patch and a hook for a hand?

i think this may become my favorite title from now on, the closer this comes to tomorrow the more excited i am

less than 24 hours!

Iron Fist rocks!!!:rockon:

Actually I'm wondering what the deal is with the other Iron Fist at the end. I'm not positive but I think that at the top of the page it said that he was Iron Fist from 1915-1933...

I need to see a bit more before I decide. I'm not particularly fond of martial-arts type heroes, and I need something sort of "above and beyond" to pull me in. Aja's art is a pretty good start - it's gorgeous. The over-all story feels more Fraction-like (light and pop-noir, like Casanova) than Brubaker-like (solid and grounded noir).

It's an interesting start, though.

Iron Fist rocks!!!:rockon:

Actually I'm wondering what the deal is with the other Iron Fist at the end. I'm not positive but I think that at the top of the page it said that he was Iron Fist from 1915-1933...

Yeah, I'm not sure if he's Danny's father, or Danny's grandfather, or even Danny's great grandfather. Time in the Marvel Universe is screwed up.

It took me 2.5 reads to finally get this. Brubaker does that to me though.

But on the second read I finally got the timeline jumps and it made sense. At that point it completely rocked!!! :rockon:

Normally I'd laugh at the thought of Iron Fist having his own comic......but this.....this I can get into.

I'm not too sure about the art though. I probably would've gone with someone else like Salvador Larroca. Something to give the art a more fluid look.

Good first issue. Loved the jumping around between past and present. The art is great. Very interested in the old Iron Fist. Became Iron Fist in 1915 and last seen in 1933, how the hell old is he? He looks ok for someone who is probably over 100 years old.

4/5 - Between this and Irredeemable Ant-Man Marvel seems bound and determined to take characters I couldn't care less about and make them interesting. I'm definately onboard for Iron Fist.

I got it today. And this new comic is the nest **** ever

fraking A man just too cool

anywho im guesing this is before Civil War.

* waits patiently *

I'll have it Friday.

Ayep.

:cry:

this book ROCKS!

so cool

nice appearence of the steel serpent in this book

i cant wait for #2

I actually found this to be pretty confusing, but I guess I'll read it again.

Captain America and Punisher War Journal have both been awesome, so I was really disappointed by this.

But I'll buy the first storyline because it should definately get better.

I actually found this to be pretty confusing, but I guess I'll read it again.

Captain America and Punisher War Journal have both been awesome, so I was really disappointed by this.

But I'll buy the first storyline because it should definately get better.
What were you confused about?

It was mostly confusing at the end when they show apparently Danny's father(?). Like I say, I'll read it again, but it just seemed like an awkward transition that kind of had me questioning where Danny's story ended and the other guy's began.

It was mostly confusing at the end when they show apparently Danny's father(?). Like I say, I'll read it again, but it just seemed like an awkward transition that kind of had me questioning where Danny's story ended and the other guy's began.

I thought it was pretty clear that most of the background revolved around Danny's father save the running from wolf's part.

Like I say, I'll read it again and probably be like "duh, how could I be so stupid?"

I will say the one thing that really sticks out to me was the panel when Hydra shows up in the office building. It just really seemed like a perfectly executed movie scene in comic book form.

Like I say, I'll read it again and probably be like "duh, how could I be so stupid?"

I will say the one thing that really sticks out to me was the panel when Hydra shows up in the office building. It just really seemed like a perfectly executed movie scene in comic book form.

I love the look on Danny's face when all the Hydra agents appear.

Latest posts

Back