The Immortal Iron Fist discussion [Swierczynski/Foreman] (Spoilers!)

Re: The Immortal Iron Fist "The Mortal Iron Fist" discussion [#17-20] [spoilers]

9 year old Iron Fist of 3099 + 24 year punch = Awesome.

Last edited:
Re: The Immortal Iron Fist "The Mortal Iron Fist" discussion [#17-20] [spoilers]

Sweirczynski has been knocking my socks off in everything he's doing (I've even been enjoying Cable quite a bit), he's taken Frubakers work and gave it a heavier Noir feel and it's working great

Foreman's art is just great, I love the way he's being inked and coloured in this, very cool looking, his proportions are off in certain places, but his fluidity and storytelling skills are great.

I also gotta mention my great pleasure over the choice of having Timothy Green II of "Annhilation: Conquest - Star-Lord" fame do the art for #21, I haven't read the issue yet, but i'm looking forward to it greatly

I was going to drop Iron Fist because I was bored with Swierczynski's first arc but this new arc seems really awesome. Iron Fist and the other immortal weapons attempting to escape from Hell. There's also another guy claiming to be an Iron Fist in the cell next to Danny's. Exciting.

I was going to drop Iron Fist because I was bored with Swierczynski's first arc but this new arc seems really awesome. Iron Fist and the other immortal weapons attempting to escape from Hell. There's also another guy claiming to be an Iron Fist in the cell next to Danny's. Exciting.

Indeed it was great, thoug I do think it's a little soon for another Iron Fist to pop up in present time, but all of last issue was great fun.

and we're getting a new Steel Phoenix/Serpent face-off in May!

Looks like the first Iron Fist isn't as old as he appears to be... I'm excited. I'm really enjoying this arc.

Looks like the first Iron Fist isn't as old as he appears to be... I'm excited. I'm really enjoying this arc.

I think he kinda powered up or something.

But this issue was really cool, and the origin of Shou Lou the Undying was an unexpected treat.

The blood morse code, and Danny beating that thing so much it became as big as a sky-scraper to cut it's achilles tendon. All awesome

For me, right now, this is Marvel's best book!!
..and I agree, this issue was awesome!
(I was hoping, though, that Changming turned out to be the first Iron Fist gone bad, and sent to the 8th city, and the guy in the cell being a ruse.... that's why he was 'offended' by the symbol....)

I was annoyed because the latest issue was a filler issue... but it was good filler.

It was damn fine filler, though it did kinda feel like Sweirczynski's take on Bei Bang Wen.

Still waiting on a Bei Ming Tian story, come on a legacy hero in more ways then one (seeing that in China last names come first, I'm assuming they are related some how), he fights Ghenghis Kahn's hordes. There is a great story there.

Also I think it's about time we got another Orson Randall one-shot

So i finished the 3 volume which wasn't bad. It was actually pretty awesome up until the last two issues of the book. The art was horrible.

Jason Aaron is writing five one shots about Fat Cobra and the Immortal Weapons!

The bad thing is it's taking the place of the actual title for five months. :(

You might want to change that to "Jason Aaron is writing one of five one-shots" As he's only writing the Fat Cobra one.

It's a shame it's taking the place of the book for awhile, but I imagine this is to give Foreman a bunch of lead-time for a big story coming in the winter.

Danny's getting a new partner, because Luke's too busy being an Avenger. It's gotta be Shang-Chi, it's just gotta.

I think this is great, actually. I'll still get some Iron Fist (see back up stories), but also what I have been hoping for - Immortal Weapon goodness.

If there has to be a hiatus, I think this is a great idea! (We'll take Millar's late Ultimates over Loeb's... well.. I guess they were late too :) )

Latest posts

Back