The Last Airbender movie (watch the cartoon instead)

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender Movie

TV spot:

[video=youtube;adltJM-PBPw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adltJM-PBPw&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Also, another trailer will be showing at Iron Man 2.

Still pissed at no Toph...

Still pissed at no Toph...

It's an adaptation of the first season. Comes with the territory, though a Toph cameo would be nice.

Still, this might cheer you up. An interview with Shamylan reveals some of his ideas for the planned sequels. The most notable stuff is

1) the Ursa subplot will be resolved and not left hanging
2) he consulted the series creators to make sure there will not be a "Book 4" in the works
3) Toph will be played by an Asian. Most likely due to the fan backlash.

http://lastairbenderfilm.com/2010/03/15/m-night-on-zukos-mom-book-4-and-poster-signing/

'Nother trailer. Might or might not be the one that's supposed to show at Iron MAn 2.

[video=youtube;tQ_wfVzqToI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ_wfVzqToI&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Damn, it gave me goose bumps. I love it and seems extremely faithful to the series. Really wish they'd play the original score from the show though

Sorry for the double post, but new (and probably last major one) trailer.

[video=youtube;15sKYfs6TwM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15sKYfs6TwM[/video]

A couple things:

1) I think the shaggy fellow fighting alongside Aang at one point in the trailer is the Blue Spirit. Also, I think the dragon is supposed to be Avatar Roku, based on some rough draft snippets that got leaked.

2) Nice SFX.

3) I'm actually looking forward to this. I'm not expecting it to be great, but it'll at least be entertaining, and it'll renew interest in one of my favorite series ever.

Last edited:

I was against this movie but I have to admit it actually looks really good. Could Shyamalan pull it off?

I'll skip the 3D though.

These trailers make me want to watch the cartoon again.

A comic prequel called Zuko's Story has been released.

It focuses on Zuko's three-year search for the Avatar, covering his teenage angst over being banished, how he became the Blue Spirit, and his realationship with Iroh. It's gotten some really good reviews, and feels like it could easily fit into the cartoon continuity.

Still kind of peeved by the white washing of the cast, and I have a mild fear that Sokka and Yue are going to have a happy ending in the movie. The scene in the Oasis made me sob, it was amazingly powerful for a "kid's show".

Still kind of peeved by the white washing of the cast, and I have a mild fear that Sokka and Yue are going to have a happy ending in the movie. The scene in the Oasis made me sob, it was amazingly powerful for a "kid's show".

I'm cautiously optismistic. While the white-washing is annoying, and there are so many things that could go wrong, Shamylan clearly cares about the franchise. If nothing else, I think this movie will recreate interest in Avatar, which will prompt stuff like that Legend of Korra series Nick is working on.

(Also, I'm pretty sure your fear in unwarranted. Narrative-wise, this looks to be very faithful.)

On a side note, I checked out the comic prequel, which was very good. I think it's best strength is that it can fit in the cartoon universe as well.

My interview with Aasif Mandvi, who plays Commander Zhao in the film:

YIP YIP!

I'm sad that Mako's passed away, I'd love it if he'd been cast to play to play General Iroh (in a fat suit of course).

Did someone post this yet?
Airbender-Comic2.gif

I kinda agree. But I love the franchise to much to not go see this. If we want more seasons to be made of the cartoon, then we have to show the producers that we will buy anything they crap out. No matter how racist it is!

I love this man.

Though I probably wasn't going to see this on opening weekend anyway.

Also, robje, you're aware they're already making another cartoon, right?

I'm so weak, I already own all three Books on DVD, but they're releasing Collector's Editions starting June 22, and I'm buying it.

Latest posts

Back