The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - Your Team

please read something else besides Spiderman

I do if you have head my other posts.

I just had never heard of it till film came out ans i'm not that interested in it

Would add more but what was to come next would get banned for insulting a user

Awesome thread.

I'm pretty pleased with my list. I made two main guidelines for mine: No conventional superheroes, and no one who insists on not killing people(which is why I reluctantly excluded Batman).

- V (V For Vendetta)

- H. G. Wells (The Time Machine - 1960 film)

- Indiana Jones (The Adventures of Indiana Jones)

- John Locke (LOST)

- The Terminator (T2: Judgement Day)

- Sam Fisher (Spliter Cell videogame series)

- Ellen Ripley (The Alien franchise)

- Master Chief John-117 (the Halo universe)

- The Arbiter (the Halo universe... seeing him team up with Master Chief would be so incredibly awesome)

- Luke Skywalker (Star Wars: Return of the Jedi)

Last edited:
Don't really care. If everybody goes by that all the lists are going to be virtually the same(take a look... it's already happening). Start with Jack Bauer, add a superhero or two, and fill in the rest with Buffy characters.

The only list other than mine that I've really liked in this thread is the one DSF posted.

Frankly, barring superheroes(who kind of defeat the purpose if you use them, because you'll just end up with another Justice League/Avengers crossover), I can't even think of enough contemperary characters that I like enough or would be appropriate enough for a team like this.

I'll stick with my list.

That was a 70s/80s list, not a contemporary list... I'll think up a way to get together a bunch of American Figures in the modern world, following the rules that Moore set (aka - the characters exist when they were written to exist, so no sci-fi future characters or people who a long time ago inhabited a galaxy far far away).

Central figure will be an older disillusioned Harry Potter, the only british character, the once happy young lad will bring the league to America after the deaths of all his friends and whatever happens in the aftermath of Book Seven... We'll use his character to explore the American equivelent to the Ministry of Magic... I'd also like to tie in Anne Rice's Talamasca Caste, and find a way to connect that to the wather's Council from Buffy (as in, maybe they are one and the same). Tying together the two most important vampire universes from the late 20th century would be fun, to say the least.

The mentor figure will be an elderly Dr. Indiana Jones, now about to reach 109 years old (we'd explain why he only looks like he's in his sixties)... Aside from that I need to think, and this will probably all be wrong when I come back to it.

That was a 70s/80s list, not a contemporary list... I'll think up a way to get together a bunch of American Figures in the modern world, following the rules that Moore set (aka - the characters exist when they were written to exist, so no sci-fi future characters or people who a long time ago inhabited a galaxy far far away).

Central figure will be an older disillusioned Harry Potter, the only british character, the once happy young lad will bring the league to America after the deaths of all his friends and whatever happens in the aftermath of Book Seven... We'll use his character to explore the American equivelent to the Ministry of Magic... I'd also like to tie in Anne Rice's Talamasca Caste, and find a way to connect that to the wather's Council from Buffy (as in, maybe they are one and the same). Tying together the two most important vampire universes from the late 20th century would be fun, to say the least.

The mentor figure will be an elderly Dr. Indiana Jones, now about to reach 109 years old (we'd explain why he only looks like he's in his sixties)... Aside from that I need to think, and this will probably all be wrong when I come back to it.

I'm curious to see your whole team, DSF. I'm also curious how you're going to keep Indy relatively young (Although I have a guess). Maybe I'll revamp my list later with American characters.

Well, if we're not sticking to the rules:

- The Beyonder
- Mr. Mxyzptlk
- Silver Surfer
- Indiana Jones
- Alf
- Yoda
- The Doctor (Fourth or Tenth)

You're all ****ed now.

Last edited:
Eh, I don't really like his list. Not enough fantasy/sci-fi for me.
I just like the fact that they're all literary characters.

It keeps with the original Leagues.

Neat.

Though I've started to think that it's hard to judge what contemporary characters will be classics and which won't. I'll see if I can make something up.

I don't know about my entire team, but I'd definately make Fox Mulder one of the group. He was a major fictional character during the 90s. I think if I sat down and thought about this it would be characters from 1980-2000 that are no longer being used. Part of the original Gentleman's qualities is that no one is producing new Allan Quartermain stories or new Mina Harker stories. Sticking Batman in the team for example, has little point to me since he's already being used. I'd also try to be a bit cohesive in the setting of the team, as Alan Moore's setting was a mosaic of pulp fiction at the turn of the 20th century, I'd look at probably sci-fi at the turn of the 21st, but I don't know what that would take the form of.

I might even be cheeky and take characters from tv shows set in the future and create their ancestors in the way Campion Bond is to James Bond - so maybe John J Sheridan's great grandad or a Lister or Rimmer, perhaps a cyberneticist named Soong.

But I can't think, off the top of my head, about comics, cartoons, or films of the time. Part of me thinks it might be interesting to have 'toons' in the same way Roger Rabbit did (which would allow Roger Rabbit to actually be in the series) and thus Homer Simpson, Eric Cartman, Buzz Lightyear, Mufasa, Tintin, and others could be involved.

It's really quite an intriguing thought. I'd like to think though, my team would have Fox Mulder, Marty McFly and a Ghosbuster in it.

Last edited:
It's really quite an intriguing thought. I'd like to think though, my team would have Fox Mulder, Marty McFly and a Ghosbuster in it.

Make the Ghostbuster Ray, and this could be the beginning of the greatest team EVAR!

Nooo... You need the superscientist! Eagon! Eagon is the one who could solve the mystery, be it gooey or not!

I guess Ray would work too... But I love Eagon.

Psssst. . .it's Egon.

BUT NO! RAY! He's the heart of the Ghostbusters! That and he's almost as samrt as Egon, unlike Peter who cheated to get his doctorates.

Psssst. . .it's Egon.

BUT NO! RAY! He's the heart of the Ghostbusters! That and he's almost as samrt as Egon, unlike Peter who cheated to get his doctorates.

Almost as smart?

He made stay puft!!!!

Latest posts

Back