The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - Your Team

I see myself as the bastard child of Peter and Egon: Peter's wit and laziness combined with Egon's intellect, eccentricity, and lack of a social life.

Marty McFly with Doc as a supporting character
A Ghostbuster
Fox Mulder second in command
A great father of Ender Wiggin as the leader of the team

thats all i can think of right now. and i didn't think of most of these

I had the original Stay Puft toy.

Those Ghostbusters toys ruled, but it bothered me they had their streams sticking out all the time. If they were removable that would've ruled.

Plus Peter didn't look anything like Bill Murray. Actually, Ray didn't look much like Dan Ackroyd either. . .

This is an awesome topic.

Micheal Scofield
Jack Bauer
MacGyver
Indiana Jones
Mr. T
Chuck Norris
Hiro
Neo

So... let me try to paint my LXG world a little more...

With the Magna Carta in 1215 AD, Britain was technically run by a parliament, and in this era, the Ministry of Magic (in its most basic form, a way for the Wizarding World to interact politically with ordinary society) was organized. At this same time, King John I of England opened the first Talamasca House in England to monitor the supernatural world. The Talamasca eventually became autonomous from the crown but never ceased its careful study of the world's non-human inhabitants... It will later be revealed that the Talamasca is the source that has funded the Watcher's Council for centuries upon centuries. They reveal themselves to Rupert Giles, the last of the original Watchers, and request his assistance to find the Boy Who Lived, who was last seen in the Americas... I'm not entirely sure what the plot will be yet, but that's the basic set-up. I don't want Voldemort to be the villain, because that'd be waaaay too easy... I'm trying to think of Dark Wizards from other mediums...

Here's My Tentative Line-Up for my Team:

Rupert Giles (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) will play a relatively large role in setting up the team, but I think that it will be Buffy Summers herself who ends up as the team's leader when it comes down to it. Buffy will be in her mid twenties, as is Harry... They will be opposites, but very much alike, both of them having been known as the Chosen One, and eventually finding solace in eachother, perhaps as a romantic couple. At first I see them hating eachother, though.

Harry Potter (The Harry Potter Book Series). I think that regardless of how the series ends, Harry will exist in this world... Either being revived by some dark forces, or being a dark loner figure blaming himself for all those he failed to save. If, as many suspect, the death of voldemort erases the scar from his forehead, I would have him carve it back in and refusing to heal it, as self-punishment. After a decade on the road (remember, with HP continuity, book seven takes place in 97 or 98 ), he will look more and more like his godfather Sirius Black. Exploring America on Sirius' flying motorcycle... Until Buffy and Giles track him down with the help from an Ancient Vampire.

Armand (The Vampire Chronicles), after working with David Talbot, the leader of the Talamasca, to write his life history, he agrees to act as an Agent of the Talamasca, observing the Journey of Buffy (whom he will dislike and distrust) and Harry (whom he will love, at least until the introduction of Clint. Eternally 16, but alive since the age of Byzantium, He will add an interesting dynamic to the group... I would love a confrontation between Spike and Armand... Spike underestimating his sheer power due to his age, but that wouldnt be important to the story.

Dr. Henry "Indiana" Jones, Jr. (The Indiana Jones series) He will be 108 years old by the start of this series, but an encounter with the fountain of youth returned him to his twenties when he was in his sixties, so he looks around his mid-sixties. He will look like a cross between Sean Connery's Henry Jones Sr. and an older Harrison Ford. When the threat of the Anti-Christ rears its head, Buffy and Harry turn to this experienced adventurer to find the weapon through which they might destroy him.

William Parry (His Dark Materials), bearer of the newly reforged subtle knife, also called "The Godkiller". This is the only means by which they will be able to destroy Damien. Perhaps when he appears the knife remains broken, and they must find a means by which to repair it... His father will have known and been close to Indy, so he will look at Will as a surrogate son...

Dr. Egon Spengler (Ghostbusters), When Evil rears its head, Ghosts don't merely disperse into the air like they did in His Dark Materials, they become darker and continue to grow in power and influence, becoming less and less human. Spengler will have retired as an active member of the Ghostbusters, instead studying the nature of Ghosts. The growing evil around the world has led to business being higher than ever for the Ghostbusters, and when he connects the facts to the emergence of the Anti-Christ, he realizes that the Anti-Christ must be destroyed, even if that means no more ghosts to bust.

Clint Majors, the son of Brad Majors and Janet Weiss from The Rocky Horror Picture Show (although it will later be revealed that he is actually part Transylvanian, being the child of Janet and Dr. Frank-N-Furter). He will be raised as a wholesome young boy, his parents having absolutely refusing to acknowledge the events that occured in 1975 that led to Clint's birth. His quickly discovered sexuality will give him power, and with Armand he will discover the side of him that will give him the persuasive abilities of Dr. Frank-N-Furter.

Jay and Silent Bob (View Askewniverse, Most specifically, Dogma) Their role as Prophets will be finally explained... They will also be caring for the newly begotten son of God, who will have to play some sort of role in destroying the Antichrist. The son of Bethany Sloane from Dogma I'll name Joshua Sloane... He will be seven years old when the story begins, but I see it taking place over seven years, so when he finally confronts Damien he'll be a fiesty Fourteen year old raised and trained by Buffy, Harry, and all of the other characters listed above.

The Big Bad of my Series will be Damien Thorne (The Omen), now in his early forties... He is, quite simply, the son of The Devil, and the most darkly evil being on the planet. He is working to throw off the balance created in the aftermath of the His Dark Materials trilogy (which im having trouble reconciling with the world of the Vampire Chronicles, but it will come to me in time).

I'll think up a more coherent plot soon...

Last edited:
Ok, if this were a 1930s League, I'd want to stick in Dick Tracy. And if it were 1960s, dammit, you gotsta use Number Six and Dr Strangelove. And the 70s would have Columbo. :rockon:

But I gave it some idea - so here's a comprehensive idea of my 1980s-1990s League....

First things first, one thing I love the idea of - a buddy cop show that is so phenomenally, globally, popular, it spawns tv movies (this would be a cultural artifact like the Weeping Gorilla of Promethea or the pirate comic in Watchmen). The show is called "Top Gun" and is essentially the story of two detectives; Howard the Duck and his crazy partner, Roger Rabbit, who work in Beverly Hills (Cop), taking on street gangs like the Resevoir Dogs or S.N.A.T.C.H. (Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch). They drive a talking, black van that can turn into a robot (The A-Team, Knight Rider and Transformers). Their first movie involves them solving riddles from terrorists in order to stop them from blowing up the Twin Towers with an airplane (the Die Hard trilogy). The sequel is rumoured to involve them solving the Sin murders (Se7en). The whole show would be a mish-mash of the buddy cop movie; Miami Vice, Magnum PI, Lethal Weapon, and The Dukes of Hazard. I love the idea of using this as a comical artifact of the reality to show the ridiculousness of creating a crossover such as the League of Extraordinary Gentleman. The producer, creator, and head writer of the show is Eddie Valiant. I'd also want their best episode be a whodunnit called "Mr T" (Mister T - Myster-y).

First of all, the League would be overseen by a very old Indiana Jones who has them safeguarding this crazy world in secret. I like the idea that he has loads of scientists such as Seth Brundle (The Fly) and perhaps black ops operatives like Snake Eyes (G.I.Joe).

The League itself:

Marty McFly - from Back to the Future. Always listening to rock, mainly Spinal Tap and Wyld Stallyns, Marty's the closest they have to a normal guy on the team. "This is heavy." You couldn't use Doc because he goes somewhere else at the end of the trilogy, and while there's bound to be some continuity fudging, Marty would be a really good addition to the team in his life-preserver jacket and jeans. He possesses a reconstructed, reverse-engineered time-travelling Delorian which can't go far into the past or future, but has two things - it can (with a lot of difficulty) go to alternate presents (Sliders) - Marty often smuggles cultural artifacts from those presents to his house - and is also a vehicle registered with the Time Enforcement Commission (Time Cop). The department's head, "The Admiral", communicates to Marty McFly through a handheld holoprojector that only Marty can see or hear (Quantum Leap). His ability to bounce through time is particularly interesting for the next member of the League....

Sarah Connor - from The Terminator; she's pregnant and out to stop the end of the world. Known as "The Demolition Woman" (John Spartan taught her everything she knows) due to her insane guerilla warfare on technological estates - she's almost wiped out Detroit's Omni Consumer Products megacorporation (from Robocop) and retired the replicant research division of the Tyrell Corporation (from Blade Runner). She particularly distrusts the following member of the league...

Edward Scissorhands - he lives on Elm street and able to walk into dreams (couldn't resist the fact he's a gardener with scissor hands much like Freddy Krueger from Nightmare on Elm Street). A harmless, mute, artifical man, but also incredibly dangerous. As the tag line states, "an uncommon gentle man". I like the idea of Edward Scissorhands being a shaman-like Nexus between the regular world and a dream world. That world watches him like an unfolding story or experiment in a different reality (the Truman show) though no one accepts the idea that this reality is a fiction for others (The Matrix). I like the idea of this other reality being ruled by Beetlejuice. The only one to believe in him is...

Fox Mulder - from The X-Files. The expert psychological, paranormal detective with fully functioning government-made proton pack, designed by an Egon Spengler (Ghostbusters). He's the leader and the brains of the group, trying to uncover the secrets of the world and avert the dangers, such as an impending alien invasion. He works in secret with several benign aliens who've made it to Earth; ET and ALF, who've given him some helpful technological devices (Men in Black). He's also a Watcher (Buffy the Vampire Slayer). Fox Mulder's entire career pretty much jumpstarted when he first met...

Cole Sear - from The Sixth Sense, this kid is a little older, with more white hair, a dislike of the colour red, his favourite book is The Princess Bride, and is now more in control of his ability to talk to the dead. He has a pet crow (yes... The Crow). I like the idea his best friend is Private Pyle from Full Metal Jacket. I would probably have the idea that there's one ghost he can't get rid of - Jack Torrence (from The Shining) who always wears red. A growing and continuing negative influence on Cole, he has access to a lot of information that's helpful, but he's a monster who feeds on people. It would transpire that there is no Jack Torrence, but rather he's a figment of Cole's traumatised mind and Cole's been doing all these horrible things all along - or not. It would be resolved then turned ambiguous once again. I also imagine that Zoltar (from Big) had something to do with this. (This is a reference to both The Silence of the Lambs' Hannibal Lector and Tyler Durden from Fight Club.)

I imagine they some of them meet up looking for a witch in a forest. (The Blair Witch Project.) I think the first story arc would involve the idea that the present is being irrevocably altered by an unknown force and they discover that Baron Munchausen's big game hunting of the past is causing the time disruptions. Baron Munchausen's prehistoric safari is called, of course, Jurassic Park.

The second arc would probably involve the Death Star arriving to destroy Earth and the League has to stop it. They use face huggers as weapons (Aliens). Darth Vader versus Sarah Connor for the win. Especially when Darth Vader, the human cyborg, turns out to be either Kyle Reese (Sarah's unborn baby's father) or.... John Connor...

Heheheheh. This is so much silly fun.

Last edited:
Marty McFly and/or Doc Brown were two of the first possible teammates to occur to me, but I decided against them simply because they only really have one area of use and that's the mending of very specific timeline-paradoxes(and I already had the time-travelling H. G. Wells). One of the things I tried to do with my team is pick practicle people who would come in handy as often as possible.

But Bass suggested Tintin....now there's an idea.8) He would so be on my team too.

So... let me try to paint my LXG world a little more...

With the Magna Carta in 1215 AD, Britain was technically run by a parliament, and in this era, the Ministry of Magic (in its most basic form, a way for the Wizarding World to interact politically with ordinary society) was organized. At this same time, King John I of England opened the first Talamasca House in England to monitor the supernatural world. The Talamasca eventually became autonomous from the crown but never ceased its careful study of the world's non-human inhabitants... It will later be revealed that the Talamasca is the source that has funded the Watcher's Council for centuries upon centuries. They reveal themselves to Rupert Giles, the last of the original Watchers, and request his assistance to find the Boy Who Lived, who was last seen in the Americas... I'm not entirely sure what the plot will be yet, but that's the basic set-up. I don't want Voldemort to be the villain, because that'd be waaaay too easy... I'm trying to think of Dark Wizards from other mediums...

Here's My Tentative Line-Up for my Team:

Rupert Giles (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) will play a relatively large role in setting up the team, but I think that it will be Buffy Summers herself who ends up as the team's leader when it comes down to it. Buffy will be in her mid twenties, as is Harry... They will be opposites, but very much alike, both of them having been known as the Chosen One, and eventually finding solace in eachother, perhaps as a romantic couple. At first I see them hating eachother, though.

Harry Potter (The Harry Potter Book Series). I think that regardless of how the series ends, Harry will exist in this world... Either being revived by some dark forces, or being a dark loner figure blaming himself for all those he failed to save. If, as many suspect, the death of voldemort erases the scar from his forehead, I would have him carve it back in and refusing to heal it, as self-punishment. After a decade on the road (remember, with HP continuity, book seven takes place in 97 or 98 ), he will look more and more like his godfather Sirius Black. Exploring America on Sirius' flying motorcycle... Until Buffy and Giles track him down with the help from an Ancient Vampire.

Armand (The Vampire Chronicles), after working with David Talbot, the leader of the Talamasca, to write his life history, he agrees to act as an Agent of the Talamasca, observing the Journey of Buffy (whom he will dislike and distrust) and Harry (whom he will love, at least until the introduction of Clint. Eternally 16, but alive since the age of Byzantium, He will add an interesting dynamic to the group... I would love a confrontation between Spike and Armand... Spike underestimating his sheer power due to his age, but that wouldnt be important to the story.

Dr. Henry "Indiana" Jones, Jr. (The Indiana Jones series) He will be 108 years old by the start of this series, but an encounter with the fountain of youth returned him to his twenties when he was in his sixties, so he looks around his mid-sixties. He will look like a cross between Sean Connery's Henry Jones Sr. and an older Harrison Ford. When the threat of the Anti-Christ rears its head, Buffy and Harry turn to this experienced adventurer to find the weapon through which they might destroy him.

William Parry (His Dark Materials), bearer of the newly reforged subtle knife, also called "The Godkiller". This is the only means by which they will be able to destroy Damien. Perhaps when he appears the knife remains broken, and they must find a means by which to repair it... His father will have known and been close to Indy, so he will look at Will as a surrogate son...

Dr. Egon Spengler (Ghostbusters), When Evil rears its head, Ghosts don't merely disperse into the air like they did in His Dark Materials, they become darker and continue to grow in power and influence, becoming less and less human. Spengler will have retired as an active member of the Ghostbusters, instead studying the nature of Ghosts. The growing evil around the world has led to business being higher than ever for the Ghostbusters, and when he connects the facts to the emergence of the Anti-Christ, he realizes that the Anti-Christ must be destroyed, even if that means no more ghosts to bust.

Clint Majors, the son of Brad Majors and Janet Weiss from The Rocky Horror Picture Show (although it will later be revealed that he is actually part Transylvanian, being the child of Janet and Dr. Frank-N-Furter). He will be raised as a wholesome young boy, his parents having absolutely refusing to acknowledge the events that occured in 1975 that led to Clint's birth. His quickly discovered sexuality will give him power, and with Armand he will discover the side of him that will give him the persuasive abilities of Dr. Frank-N-Furter.

Jay and Silent Bob (View Askewniverse, Most specifically, Dogma) Their role as Prophets will be finally explained... They will also be caring for the newly begotten son of God, who will have to play some sort of role in destroying the Antichrist. The son of Bethany Sloane from Dogma I'll name Joshua Sloane... He will be seven years old when the story begins, but I see it taking place over seven years, so when he finally confronts Damien he'll be a fiesty Fourteen year old raised and trained by Buffy, Harry, and all of the other characters listed above.

The Big Bad of my Series will be Damien Thorne (The Omen), now in his early forties... He is, quite simply, the son of The Devil, and the most darkly evil being on the planet. He is working to throw off the balance created in the aftermath of the His Dark Materials trilogy (which im having trouble reconciling with the world of the Vampire Chronicles, but it will come to me in time).

I'll think up a more coherent plot soon...

Well holy ****. That rocks.

Bass, DSF, you guys win. Those lists are phenomenal. :D I especially like Bass using the entirety of fiction concept Moore brought up in LoEG.

I'd love to hear more from the both of you. I also think it's funny both of you use an old Indiana Jones.

Last edited:
Since everyone was saying having comic book heroes defeated the purpose I edited my list.

Decided not just try and find replacements and even if some of theses have appeared inn comics they did not start in comics so I'm keeping them (e.g spike)

• Albus Dumbledore (Harry potter)
  • James Bond (007 films)
  • Spike (buffy/angel)
  • Cole Turner/Belthazor (charmed)
  • Connor MacLeod (Highlander)
  • Anita Blake (Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter)
  • Ash Williams (Evil Dead)

Already explained some before so the new guys on the team

I love the two ironic pairings Him with cole (somone who tried to steal good peoples magic) and the other one been Spike and Anita a vampire and a vampire hunter.

Also if anyone has read the Vampire Hunter series of books she's damn cool she can control zombies , estimate power levels and a hell of alot more and I thought this is a cool character when I read the books and she would be a vital member of the team

cole can teleport as well as other skills making another vital member of the team plus I liked his character on charmed so I added him.

Ash just because it's ash! He has taken on and beat deadites. As well as that I just think with his one lines and Spikes one liners it would bring a great humour to the group and at the same time the others bring serious tones balancing it out.

Spike + ash interacting would just be the greatest team up ever!:lol:

I would definitely factor in Bruce Campbell and Samuel L. Jackson, and have them be all of their film characters rolled into one... They would be recurring characters, put into situations to kick ***...

Like Imagine Bruce Campbell the usher for high-class broadway theater, seeing a band of zombies being raised by the anti-christ... breaking into a store across the street to get a chainsaw and then raising hell in his little red vest.

Like Imagine Bruce Campbell the usher for high-class broadway theater, seeing a band of zombies being raised by the anti-christ... breaking into a store across the street to get a chainsaw and then raising hell in his little red vest.

:lol: :lol:

That would be funny. Plus as the usher he is the only person to defeat spider-man!

This seems like fun

I'm going to think about it

it is.

I only wish it was all time in one. I had to pass up Obi-wan , I originally was going to have people like Indiana Jones and Captain Jack from potc but the time thing buggered me up :lol:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back