The Marvel Movie Reporting Thread.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
I looked in every page- couldn't find the thread we had for general marvel movie talk we had.

Anyways, Newsarama reports Marvel 'announcing' [officially] an Iron Man sequel (April 30, 2010), Captain America (May 6, 2011), Thor (June 4, 2010) and an Avengers (July 2011) movies. They also report on Marvel releasing their Q1 2008 Numbers.

Last edited:
Apparently the Captain America movie is titled: "The First Avenger: Captain America"

So, two years till this all starts picking up steam. I wonder when we'll hear about Captain America's casting.

I was listening to the conference call earlier. They did mention the possibility they will put Hulk in Iron Man 2 in some way.

they mentioned an Ant-Man movie later in the article

everybody forgets ant-man

If they base it more off Irredeemable, with the guy from Hot Fuzz/Shaun of the Dead directing, it'll be good

I wonder if that Del Toro/Gaiman Dr. Strange movie is still in the cards for later, that sounds to cool for school

If they base it more off Irredeemable, with the guy from Hot Fuzz/Shaun of the Dead directing, it'll be good
If they go in this direction, which I heartily endorse, but plan to incorporate the character into an Avengers film, they'll need to find a way to reconcile the tone of a goofily reluctant hero alongside self-serious worldchanger Tony Stark and the peaceable man with a weapon inside Bruce Banner.

I don't say that to suggest it is difficult or impossible, but they'd have to think about it for sure.

Gemini said:
I wonder if that Del Toro/Gaiman Dr. Strange movie is still in the cards for later, that sounds to cool for school
FLUB.

Hmm, so I guess the Cap movie would lead directly into the Avengers then.

Yeah, I think it does. My guess is they take the same route as The Ultimates, with him being a hero of World War II, being frozen, then being thawed in present day by SHIELD. The only difference being, instead of the Skrulls being the main villains, Red Skull is. Because, honestly, there isn't a better villain to open up a Cap movie with.

Fury and Cap then come to the conclusion that a team of superheroes would be better than one flying solo, and thus, the idea of The Avengers Initiative is born at the end of the movie. Captain America then becomes not only a prequel to The Avengers, but a prequel to all the Marvel movies, as it should be.

anyone worried that these movies are so close together? I understand why but 2-3 years to do 4 movies that tie together. I fear they might be rushed

anyone worried that these movies are so close together? I understand why but 2-3 years to do 4 movies that tie together. I fear they might be rushed
Well it's not like it's the same team handling all movies.

I think the answer to that question lies in how the films are divided across a certain set of producers and they're ability to coordinate production traffic for different projects at the same time, and not how well production and development for these films are "taking their time".

Hollywood films are a collaborative chaos science in the pursuit of multi-authorial art. They're not comic books or novels or paintings in which the onus of their merit lies on one creator who must be given the freedom of time, distractions and expression to "get it right".

If they are released closer together, i think it would keep people interested. Rather than force people to wait and possibly lose interest, they are keeping them tied together so the common man enjoys the hopeful continuity

If they are released closer together, i think it would keep people interested. Rather than force people to wait and possibly lose interest, they are keeping them tied together so the common man enjoys the hopeful continuity
I think the best way to handle this would be to release a new film every 9-18 months, and have them all maintain a semi-continuity of sorts, in which the film is enjoyable on its own, but there are tiny currents not relevant to the main plot connecting each film.

For example, in the Iron Man sequel there should be a moment encapsulated within another scene, Stark has signed papers approving the release of a Hulkbuster prototype... a moment that happens in fifteen seconds inside a more important plot point, and given little emphasis.

But in the second Hulk film, a defeated group of armored Hulkbusters limping across Arizona, after being beaten up by the Hulk, wearing Stark-looking designs, but it's not given the kind of emphasis that says "OMG! It's Iron Man stuff, do I have to watch teh other movie!!!".

Because what is MORE important to the story is that they are armored Hulkbusters, and NOT their tie to another film, one which isn't really relevant to the main story.

I think this kind of linking would help, because regardless of how well executed an Avengers film is, it can only be 2-3 hours long. These other films have the potential to fill in a lot of the marginal details that have no time to be fleshed out within a running time that must focus squarely on getting the Earth's Mightiest Heroes together and beating **** up.

Since they're planning on using Scott Lang and Hank Pym i doubt it.

Witch is better if they're going to add him to the avengers.

They could release a Marvel movie on the Harry Potter timetable, one during the summer, on the following Christmas, one two summers later, etc. . .

So let me see if I have the cameos to films right:

Iron Man
(May, 2008 - Nick Fury cameo)
The Incredible Hulk (June, 2008 - Tony Stark/Iron Man cameo & reference to SSS/Captain America)
Iron Man 2 (April, 2010 - Thor cameo)
Thor (June, 2010 - ?????)
The First Avenger: Captain America (May, 2011 - ?????)
The Avengers (July, 2011 - ?All of them?)

Last edited by a moderator:
So let me see if I have the cameos to films right:

Iron Man
(May, 2008 - Nick Fury cameo)
The Incredible Hulk (June, 2008 - Tony Stark/Iron Man cameo & reference to SSS/Captain America)
Iron Man 2 (April, 2010 - Thor cameo)
Thor (June, 2010 - ?????)
The First Avenger: Captain America (May, 2011 - ?????)
The Avengers (July, 2011 - ?All of them?)

Where'd you hear about Thor in Iron Man 2?

Where'd you hear about Thor in Iron Man 2?

I can't seem to find it anymore but somewhere (I thought on Superhero Hype or Darkhorizons) it said that the Thor storyline will be introduced in Iron Man II.

My question is will we see signs or cameos of Hawkeye, The Vision in any of this? Or will they be as bold to tie in the X-Men franchises with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch?

Last edited:
I can't seem to find it anymore but somewhere (I thought on Superhero Hype or Darkhorizons) it said that the Thor storyline will be introduced in Iron Man II.

My question is will we see signs or cameos of Hawkeye, The Vision in any of this? Or will they be as bold to tie in the X-Men franchises with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch?

I don't think we'll see the Vision until Ultron is introduced in the film. I would love it if they introduced the twins in the rumored Young X-Men film.

I don't think we'll see the Vision until Ultron is introduced in the film. I would love it if they introduced the twins in the rumored Young X-Men film.

I wouldn't count on it. My understanding is that the "Young X-Men" film is going a different route, and using new characters built around the X-Men school. My guess is we won't be seeing any of the X-Men or Spider-Man in the Marvel film universe, because those rights are licensed out to other studios.

Thor seems like an odd character to cameo in an Iron Man movie. I wonder how they'll pull that off.

I don't really think Vision would translate to film well. But I'd love to see Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, or Black Widow.

Anyway, here's hoping Captain America will be a WWII era film.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back