The Music Thread : It's So Easy To Fly Through A Window

yeah like Family guys' "Nobody wants to be Peter Chris, Lois. Not even Peter Chris!"

I don't watch Family Guy, but I think maybe that's Peter Criss, the drummer from KISS.

I can't stand trance. It's so obnoxious that it makes me want to kill people.

I only find it obnoxious when there are lyrics. Lyrics ruin almost every techno/trance song they're in. Perfect example - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl8pkyrYMoI. Go to 0.23. I think the tune is wonderful, but *****.... SHUT THE **** UP!

Nobody likes Journey. Even Steve Perry hates Journey. Not that his musical taste should count for anything, but you get my point, I'm sure.

Either way, everybody likes Midnight Train.

I listened to this song today with the volume a little too high and it nearly blew my eardrums out. It was actually quite exciting.
Nobody likes Journey. Even Steve Perry hates Journey. Not that his musical taste should count for anything, but you get my point, I'm sure.
Well this guy sure loves them.

I remember when the White Sox were in the World Series and I had to hear "Don't Stop Believin'" 15 times a day. Mainly because I had a class in a room right next to the weight room.

What's the angriest, most hateful music you can think of that still has a tune and isn't just incoherent screaming? I've tried Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Rammstein, Alanis Morisette and Senses Fail and it's just not quite hitting the spot.

I listened to this song today with the volume a little too high and it nearly blew my eardrums out. It was actually quite exciting.

Listening to it(at a reasonable volume) right now and I love it.

What's the angriest, most hateful music you can think of that still has a tune and isn't just incoherent screaming? I've tried Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Rammstein, Alanis Morisette and Senses Fail and it's just not quite hitting the spot.

This is my favourite in that category - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sByVXi5-gVQ

...in terms of actual lyriced songs, that is. Otherwise, my favourite "fist of an angry god"-type song would be this, plain and simple.

Crank it the **** up and at 0:19 seconds you can practically see Miniluv crack under my gravity-powered fist.

If you're interested, "The Crystal Cat" and "Wham City" are probably the highlights of the album.

I am very interested, but I'll wait until tomorrow, for it's dark now and I have my back to the door of my room and I'm scared of ghosts.

And the album is called Spiderman of the Rings, which is probably the best album title ever.
[/QUOTE]

Probably.

And while we're on the topic of music, witty people, and works of art that end in "Of The Rings", today I ad-libbed a five-minute-long rhyming musical retelling of the Lord of the Rings journey while watching my sister play some sort of medievel fantasy game online. I didn't record it or anything, but I can say with some confidence that it was better than anything Radiohead has ever written.

Probably.

And while we're on the topic of music, witty people, and works of art that end in "Of The Rings", today I ad-libbed a five-minute-long rhyming musical retelling of the Lord of the Rings journey while watching my sister play some sort of medievel fantasy game online. I didn't record it or anything, but I can say with some confidence that it was better than anything Radiohead has ever written.
You're like a robot programmed to be horrible.

I don't understand how Planet-man can be so smart and yet so wrong about everything ever.

I've always loved Lacrimosa, but it wasn't what I was looking for at all. I'm really looking for something completely full of hate, not something sweeping and dramatic. Tog recommended some Korn, which is pretty much hitting the spot.

You're like a robot programmed to be horrible.

prepare12zn.jpg

I don't understand how Planet-man can be so smart and yet so wrong about everything ever.

I've always loved Lacrimosa, but it wasn't what I was looking for at all. I'm really looking for something completely full of hate, not something sweeping and dramatic.

Those things aren't mutually exclusive....:?

And you're still the one that tried Alanis Morrisette while looking for this.

Tog recommended some Korn, which is pretty much hitting the spot.

See, Korn was like the second thing I thought of when you said "just incoherent screaming".

If you're interested, "The Crystal Cat" and "Wham City" are probably the highlights of the album.

And the album is called Spiderman of the Rings, which is probably the best album title ever.

So both of these were very good. I still like the first one you posted the best. I especially love how in Wham City you can only kind of tell what the lyrics are until almost the end of the song.

Try "XYU" by The Smashing Pumpkins.

Latest posts

Back