The Music Thread : It's So Easy To Fly Through A Window

:rockon:

Ratatat! Kaboom boom!

The whole "I...am...made...of...shamrocks" part is really good; done in a growl that is much more intense than screaming. Then it leads into this unholy shriek in the next chorus.

The whole "I...am...made...of...shamrocks" part is really good; done in a growl that is much more intense than screaming. Then it leads into this unholy shriek in the next chorus.
I knoe rait?!

X.Y.U. is basically Corgan acting out his Pantera wish fulfillment or something.

Also, Billy Corgan as a child wanted desperately to be inside the fortress of heavy metal, but they wouldn't let him in cause he was too emo.

The music world is a better place for it, for if he got in there would be no Pumpkins.

I can say with some confidence that it was better than anything Radiohead has ever written.

Planet-Man: Proving once again that the only people more pretentious than Radiohead fans are Radiohead haters.

Planet-Man: Proving once again that the only people more pretentious than Radiohead fans are Radiohead haters.

To be fair, you didn't hear the song.

I've heard "incoherent screaming"

Korn is not such a band.

I'm nowhere near familiar enough with them to say, but they are one of the main ones I thought of. Smashing Pumpkins, too, but it's the same sort of situation.

To be fair, you didn't hear the song.

I'm nowhere near familiar enough with them to say, but they are one of the main ones I thought of. Smashing Pumpkins, too, but it's the same sort of situation.

In fairness they have some songs, but most are them are more melodic.

Bands like Slayer, Hatebreed, and to some extent Slipknot are ones I think of.

Last edited:
I got my Merriweather Post Pavilion LP today.

Unfortunately, the trippy optical illusion cover:

146724merriweather_0.jpg

doesn't really work on the album sleeve, but the mindblowingly awesome art on the inside of the sleeve sort of makes up for it:

012707.jpg

That's basically a perfect visual representation of the actual music.
I like the Daft Punk part of that song far better than I like the actual Daft Punk original.
I like both. I love the part from the Daft Punk song where they take the vocals and basically turn them into an instrument, vocal guitar solo thingy and all.

My addiction with Radiohead rotates through different albums... it went from THE BENDS to OK COMPUTER to HAIL TO THE THIEF to IN RAINBOWS and now it's on KID A... I love Radiohead.

The Kanye West/Daft Punk song "Stronger" is the perfect theme song for Iron Man, hands down.

Uh... no. Good song but how do you figure it would make a perfect Iron Man song? I hear it every night at work and "Tony Stark" def doesn't come to mind when I do. And if you try to tell me it's "my opinion" that it's not... then I say to you, it's "your opinion" that it is.

Oh Yeah...

The Oasis concert I went too..
Was ****ing great.

And me and my friends are on a huge Tom Petty kick. I've already seen him 5 times live but I got the Mudcrutch CD. "Scared Easy" is my new anthem.

Uh... no. Good song but how do you figure it would make a perfect Iron Man song? I hear it every night at work and "Tony Stark" def doesn't come to mind when I do. And if you try to tell me it's "my opinion" that it's not... then I say to you, it's "your opinion" that it is.

Oh Yeah...

The Oasis concert I went too..
Was ****ing great.

And me and my friends are on a huge Tom Petty kick. I've already seen him 5 times live but I got the Mudcrutch CD. "Scared Easy" is my new anthem.

I love Tom Petty and have seen him live; it was a great show. But the new Mudcrutch album does nothing for me. It's way too mellow. Tom Petty mellow is OK in small doses, not entire albums.

My brother and my step-dad went to a Metallica concert last night for my brother's birthday. I was really mad that I couldn't go. But....I guess the just mostly played their new stuff, the Death Magnetic stuff, and I don't even think they played One or Enter Sandman....I'm not sure if they played Fade to Black either. Anyways, that's what they get for not taking me to the concert.

I should rephrase my statement to "Strong is a perfect song for Tony Stark". Well you know how Kanye's lyrics are basically him talking himself up? That's kinda how I always imagine Tony acting.

"I don't know if you got a man or not,
if you made plans or not
god put me in the plans or not
I'm trippin' this drink got me sayin' a lot
but I know that God put you in front of me
so how the hell could you front on me
there's a thousand you's there's only one of me"

C'mon you can totally see Tony acting like that! And the Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger chorus? It makes me imagine him streamlining his Iron Man suit to make it harder, better, faster, and stronger.

Last edited:
I should rephrase my statement to "Strong is a perfect song for Tony Stark". Well you know how Kanye's lyrics are basically him talking himself up? That's kinda how I always imagine Tony acting.

"I don't know if you got a man or not,
if you made plans or not
god put me in the plans or not
I'm trippin' this drink got me sayin' a lot
but I know that God put you in front of me
so how the hell could you front on me
there's a thousand you's there's only one of me"

C'mon you can totally see Tony acting like that! And the Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger chorus? It makes me imagine him streamlining his Iron Man suit to make it harder, better, faster, and stronger.
[youtube]9vgIo5QcjgY[/youtube]

Latest posts

Back