The Music Thread : It's So Easy To Fly Through A Window

You guys remember the Presidents of the United States of America?

one of my friends was talking about 'Peaches' today and i had a flashback to jr high.

ah the 90s.

You guys remember the Presidents of the United States of America?

one of my friends was talking about 'Peaches' today and i had a flashback to jr high.

ah the 90s.

Oh yeah. "Peaches" was great.

I loved Weird Al's parody of "Lump" - "Gump" :lol:

I'm through taking music recommendations form Pitchfork. Anything they perceive to be as part of the indie scene is given a great review, and anything not indie enough is ridiculed.

They gave the Beach House album a 9.0 and it's one of the dullest things I've ever heard.

I'm through taking music recommendations form Pitchfork. Anything they perceive to be as part of the indie scene is given a great review, and anything not indie enough is ridiculed.

They gave the Beach House album a 9.0 and it's one of the dullest things I've ever heard.

I never heard of it but it sounds like most music aficionados here in town.

I've really been enjoying more laid back music...like a mix of indie and pop

Florence + The Machine
Adelle
Lily Allen
Metric
The Sounds
Rilo Kiley
The Howling Bells

I'm loving it.

I never heard of it but it sounds like most music aficionados here in town.

I've really been enjoying more laid back music...like a mix of indie and pop

Florence + The Machine
Adelle
Lily Allen
Metric
The Sounds
Rilo Kiley
The Howling Bells

I'm loving it.

Of those that I'm familiar with - The Sounds and Rilo Kiley are OK, and I totally dig the latest Lily Allen

You are so crazy you should move to Crazyland and run for president.

yeah yeah yeahs radio station on last.fm just constantly plays stuff i like. You gotta filter out a few girl bands but that's how i found the above artists.

I'm a little late to the party but the latest albums by Julian Casablancas and Jay Reatard are pretty great.

But the new Charlotte Gainsbourg - WOW. Phenomenal. 9+/10 - it's moody, unique, and has a great and consistant sound without being redundant. I love it.

Eric Clapton announced the tentative roster for his Crossroads Music Festival in Chicago in June

Albert Lee
Allman Brothers Band
BB King
Bert Jansch
Buddy Guy
David Hidalgo and Cesar Rosas of Los Lobos
Doyle Bramhall II
Earl Klugh
Eric Clapton
Gary Clark Jr.
Hubert Sumlin
James Burton
Jeff Beck
Jimmie Vaughan
Joao Gilberto
Joe Bonamassa
John Mayer
Keb Mo
Pino Daniele
Robert Cray
Robert Randolph
Sheryl Crow
Sonny Landreth
Steve Winwood
Vince Gill
ZZ Top

I just may try and make it to this, I loves me some Clapton, Beck, Allmans, Top, King, Guy, and so on. Though I'll have to wait for some further announcements before I make up my mind completely, it all depends on if I convince a few friends to go for a road trip

Someone on this sight is from the Chicago area yes?

Does anyone know any good songs about someone dying?

Preferably one where they're dying, but they have no regrets and its for a good cause.

All I can think of is Danny Boy.

It's for a school presentation. I'm doing a report on something sad and I want appropriate background music.

I listened to Johnny Cash all day today. All 6 of his American Recordings albums as well as the 3 discs of unreleased songs from the Unearthed box set.

Good stuff.

Does anyone know any good songs about someone dying?

Preferably one where they're dying, but they have no regrets and its for a good cause.

All I can think of is Danny Boy.

It's for a school presentation. I'm doing a report on something sad and I want appropriate background music.

Basically the 4th, 5th, and 6th American albums by Johnny Cash are about dying.

[video=youtube;E0ZULMk1zy0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0ZULMk1zy0[/video]

You're gay now.

Congratulations!

I've been on a Johnny Cash kick for the last week, particularly the American albums. The new one is pretty good but not as great as the previous ones.

My favorites:

1: Unearthed
2: American 4
3. Unchained
4. American Recordings
5. American 3
6. American 5
7. American 6

I absolutely love the cover of Bridge Over Troubled Water he did with Fiona Apple. Beautiful stuff. I love the imperfections in the recordings.

Fozzy, WWE Wrestler Chris Jericho's band has recently popped out their latest album, Chasing the Grail. It is fantastic. There are some real stand out tracks, from the blinding opener Under Blackened Skies to the final track, the 14 minute prog epic Wormwood. You like rock, get it.

Listening to the new Joanna Newsome album. I've never heard her music before.

I love her voice.

Listening to the new Joanna Newsome album. I've never heard her music before.

I love her voice.
Yessssssssss. It's all I've been listening to lately besides that Hunx and His Punx band. It's definitely the best I've heard so far this year. I'm so obsessed with 'Good Intentions Paving Company'. I just ordered the (triple)LP today.

I can see why you'd like this one, but I'm not sure if I ever would have thought to recommend her other albums to you. The songs on Ys are pretty long (one is 17 minutes...) and her voice on her first album is....very different than what you're hearing now. I actually think you'd like the songwriting on that album a lot, but I know some people swore her off forever when that album came out because of the impression they got from her voice.

[video=youtube;IYl0uLrXP7U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYl0uLrXP7U[/video]

(I love her voice on the first album, personally, but I love weird vocals.)

Yessssssssss. It's all I've been listening to lately besides that Hunx and His Punx band. It's definitely the best I've heard so far this year. I'm so obsessed with 'Good Intentions Paving Company'. I just ordered the (triple)LP today.

I can see why you'd like this one, but I'm not sure if I ever would have thought to recommend her other albums to you. The songs on Ys are pretty long (one is 17 minutes...) and her voice on her first album is....very different than what you're hearing now. I actually think you'd like the songwriting on that album a lot, but I know some people swore her off forever when that album came out because of the impression they got from her voice.

[video=youtube;IYl0uLrXP7U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYl0uLrXP7U[/video]

(I love her voice on the first album, personally, but I love weird vocals.)

I just finished the latest one today - I have the rest of her albums but haven't had a chance to hear them yet. I did read that the vocals were different on this one because she had some sort of problem with her throat or vocal chords or something like that.

Latest posts

Back