The Music Thread : It's So Easy To Fly Through A Window

*whiiiiiinnneeee* Plastic Beach doesn't come out till tomorrowwwww!!

Just. Watch.
[video=youtube;bpV5InLw52U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpV5InLw52U&feature=related[/video]

Dood.. I've seen this before... I wanna know how lit the lead singer was. The drummer was pretty damn amazing.

Avoiding the leak?

It's really good. :D

Yeah... I failed. I downloaded the leak yesterday morning. i love this album so much.

Last edited:
Dood.. I've seen this before... I wanna know how lit the lead singer was. The drummer was pretty damn amazing.
Seriously

also, I picked up Valleys of Neptune the supposed post-humously released Hendrix album, it's mostly alternate takes on his more popular works, and a couple of early versions of some songs, but it's freaking great Valleys of Neptune the title track is awesome, and there's a great instrumental cover of Cream's Sunshine of Your Love

If you like Hendrix, I'd highly recommend it

also, I picked up Valleys of Neptune the supposed post-humously released Hendrix album, it's mostly alternate takes on his more popular works, and a couple of early versions of some songs, but it's freaking great Valleys of Neptune the title track is awesome, and there's a great instrumental cover of Cream's Sunshine of Your Love

If you like Hendrix, I'd highly recommend it

I picked it up and am looking forward to listening to it.

I didn't know that along with the new Jimi Hendrix release they've remastered the 4 original albums (apparently First Rays of the New Rising Sun is now officially part of the Hendrix discography - what is considered part of the regular discography and what are merely compilations and rarities isn't very clear). The albums all come with "making of" DVDs.

I'm listening to Are You Experienced really loud - it sounds great.

Jimi's licks were made to be played loud

you know what I've fallen in love with this week?

The James Gang

a.k.a. The power trio Joe Walsh was part of before he joined The Eagles, it's incredible. Joe can really shred, you'd never know that from listening to the Eagles

James Gang Rides Again and Thirds are fantastic albums

also in the 70's he looked exactly exactly exactly like Kurt Cobain

The other day I woke up and, for some reason, had "Killing The Light" by Black Rebel Motorcycle Club stuck in my head. So I've been listening to that a lot lately.

Right now I'm blasting the remastered "Axis: Bold As Love" through some good headphones - amazing.

My kids listen to the Where the Wild Things Are soundtrack every single night when they go to bed. They've done so pretty much since it came out.

My kids listen to the Where the Wild Things Are soundtrack every single night when they go to bed. They've done so pretty much since it came out.

Further evidence I am one of your kids.

I downloaded it the other day but haven't listened to it yet.

I've never been able to name my all-time favorite song. But I've decided now - it's "God Only Knows" by The Beach Boys. It's the most emotional and beautiful song I've ever heard. It's earnest and painful and sad. It's so emotional - there is no other song that evokes emotion like it.

I've never been able to name my all-time favorite song. But I've decided now - it's "God Only Knows" by The Beach Boys. It's the most emotional and beautiful song I've ever heard. It's earnest and painful and sad. It's so emotional - there is no other song that evokes emotion like it.

For similar reasons mine is "Chest Fever" by The Band

I love that song. My favourite Beach Boys song.

i've been on a Joss Stone kick lately, that girls voice truly is the sound of the gods

She has a great voice. Very soulful.

I love that song. My favourite Beach Boys song.

I've been on a big Beach Boys kick all day. Pet Sounds is so amazing - I really should listen to it more. I also really like the version of Smile that Brian Wilson did. Heroes and Villains is another of my favorite BB songs.

I like a lot of the post-Pet Sounds stuff more than the earlier boy/girl surfer stuff. Brian Wilson is a musical genius on par with David Bowie and Stevie Wonder and he doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Pet Sounds, the Smile stuff and assorted singles are really my only exposure to The Beach Boys. I need to listen to more of their stuff.

Latest posts

Back