The New Off Topic Thread 5. This isn't your parent's off topic thread!

I have woken up with an even worse vile loathing of the referee in the Wales v France rugby match than yesterday. I have never been angry about a sport. All I can hold on to now is the knowledge that unless they manage to slither through on another technicality, France will get hammered by either Australia or New Zealand in the final.

I was in the middle of a creative writing class the other day. We were discussing a poem written by another student when some guy said this (paraphrased):

"She used the word 'pea' in this sentence. 'Pea' starts with the letter 'P'! And do you know what else starts with the letter 'P'? The pituitary gland! The pituitary gland sends out hormones! And this poem is about an unhappy marriage brought about by hormonal teenagers!"

I got a slow clap going for him.

Don't know where to put this. I mentioned this on twitter just now, unaware that I hadn't mentioned it here and Proj was demanding I tell you.

I am collaborating and writing books with Robert McKee.

It is about the craft and principles of writing. The first book we're working on is on the Action genre. We are hoping it will be out in a year or so.

In other news, I'm working on getting a comic out. That is how the book deal started, I paid McKee to consult on my story and a relationship bloomed out of that. The comic is going slowly, I have an artist friend ready (no, he's not Adam Hughes) to work with and it's just a matter of me getting the story done.

Um. That is all.

da2fc0fb97ltptake013020.jpg

Don't know where to put this. I mentioned this on twitter just now, unaware that I hadn't mentioned it here and Proj was demanding I tell you.

I am collaborating and writing books with Robert McKee.

It is about the craft and principles of writing. The first book we're working on is on the Action genre. We are hoping it will be out in a year or so.

In other news, I'm working on getting a comic out. That is how the book deal started, I paid McKee to consult on my story and a relationship bloomed out of that. The comic is going slowly, I have an artist friend ready (no, he's not Adam Hughes) to work with and it's just a matter of me getting the story done.

Um. That is all.

Good luck!

And I just realized I copied Proj's reply, but ah well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back