The New Off Topic Thread 5. This isn't your parent's off topic thread!

I won the Nirvana Nevermind super mega box set in a Rolling Stone drawing last month. I never win stuff like that. So I really feel like a winner now.

385015_10150410860247285_47270687284_8441294_1851251701_n.jpg

That's great.

Quick question: I have a tumblr account. I'm thinking of putting up random blog essays on it. Are there any subjects people would be interested in hearing me talk about?

I made this a looooong time ago. I may be a psychic. I predicted so far two events that came true. If Proj. takes over Australia, that will be three!

CNNBreakingNews.jpg

The best part of that is actually "Doom impregnates more women."

offtopic

With this many videos, use URLs instead of video tags. This is slows the loading of the page too much.

Yeah, I probable could of used the URLs. I keep on forgetting that most of the people on this site don't have as fast of a computer as I do.

Last edited:
Re: Batman: Arkham City (spoilers!)

Yeah, I probable could of used the URLs. I keep on forgetting that most of the people on this site don't have as fast of a computer as I do.

I humbly request a rundown of your computer specs as well as a photo.

I'm honestly not trying to get into a pissing match - I'm genuinely impressed that you of all people have the fastest computer evar and I really want to know the story.

I humbly request a rundown of your computer specs as well as a photo.

I'm honestly not trying to get into a pissing match - I'm genuinely impressed that you of all people have the fastest computer evar and I really want to know the story.

To be honest, I don't know the specs of my computer. I'm not a computer geek (no offence). I'm friends with a lot of people that work with computers. Like government contract type stuff. When they come out with something newer and better. They're usually the first people to get them. They then clear out anything that they need for work from their old computers. And then sell them to friends and family. Either for cash and/or favors. (like helping them move, ect.) About the only thing I know, is that I got 2 terabyte of ram for my memorie.

Last edited:

I very, very highly doubt that.

Well I don't know what to say, but it does. My old roomate that I got this from doesn't just buy the lastest and greatest. He takes it apart and and rebuilds it. Adds what he thinks he needs to it.

Last edited:

Well I don't know what to say, but it does. My old roomate that I got this from doesn't just buy the lastest and greatest. He takes it apart and and rebuilds it. Adds what he thinks he needs to it.

No offense hon, unless you're using a server as a personal computer, you don't have 2TB of memory. You probably have a 2TB hard drive. The maximum Windows 7 64-bit can recognize is 192GB, and there are only a handful of motherboards on the market (for a personal computer) that can run 192GB. Hell, my iMac is running 32GB of RAM and the MacPros at work are running 64-96GB of RAM (mostly due to the costs in Full ECC memory).

Also, it's not about PC/Mac speed, it's ISP bandwidth that generally determines page load speed any more. Most computers on the market have hardware more than necessary to load multiple embedded videos.

Last edited:
Jaggyd said:
You probably have a 2TB hard drive.

I assumed it was 2 GB RAM. I would be shocked if he had a 2 TB hard drive.

Watcher, you would poop your pants if you knew how much 2 TB of RAM cost, aside from the cost of the computer it would take to run it.

I assumed it was 2 GB RAM. I would be shocked if he had a 2 TB hard drive.

Watcher, you would poop your pants if you knew how much 2 TB of RAM cost, aside from the cost of the computer it would take to run it.

I did a rough pricing, I could be entirely wrong, but I got $35,000.

Latest posts

Back