The new TPB/HC thread

Ooh! I wouldn't mind getting that for Christmas. Sadly, because of the house-extension we got last year, coupled with general economic ****tiness, the family has agreed on getting one big present between us all (a HD-TV) instead of the usual individual present-practice. I'll probably buy it, myself.

Absolute Miracleman (or something like it), god-damnit!

Ooh! I wouldn't mind getting that for Christmas. Sadly, because of the house-extension we got last year, coupled with general economic ****tiness, the family has agreed on getting one big present between us all (a HD-TV) instead of the usual individual present-practice. I'll probably buy it, myself.

You've got until next Christmas to save up. The release date is currently August '09.

I've got the first three trades of Invincible now and it just keeps getting better. I would've bought the fourth one today but my LCS was closed.

The change in artist is one of the coolest things I've ever seen in comics. It starts out with Cory Walker, who manages to convey a lot without using much detail. It's very simple and stylized but somehow it works.

Halfway to where I'm at they switch artists to Ryan Ottley and at first he's mimicing Walker's style a bit, but only so that the segue into his own stuff is so gradual you don't notice it. But his stuff is so much more detailed and more defined that with the characters it creates the experience of becoming more and more familiarized with someone's face and expressions as you get to know them. I like Ottley's art better, but I'm glad they started with Walker.

Anyone ever heard of the publishing company Pawprints? I've seen several D.C. Hardcovers on eBay that are listed as reprints by a company called Pawprints. I don't understand it... are they the same quality? Does anyone have a clue as to what I am talking about??

I was looking back through this thread. I started with 63 trades and in 3 years that has become around 600.

Hell I doubled it from 60 in 3 months.

I'm thinking of starting a database or spreadsheet containing a list of all of my TPBs and HCs. I'm afraid I'm going to accidentally order something I already have if I don't start keeping track.

I'm thinking of starting a database or spreadsheet containing a list of all of my TPBs and HCs. I'm afraid I'm going to accidentally order something I already have if I don't start keeping track.

Ugh. I have done that before. It is like 3 to 5 times worse than accidentally buying two copies of the same single issue story.

Ugh. I have done that before. It is like 3 to 5 times worse than accidentally buying two copies of the same single issue story.

Ick. Maybe I'll pass then.

I hilariously thought I could try and do the same with my CDs.

I meant that I have bought two copies of the same trade before, and then gotten angry at myself. Usually I end up giving them out as gifts.

The catalog of what I own is something i've been intending to do for years.

I meant that I have bought two copies of the same trade before, and then gotten angry at myself. Usually I end up giving them out as gifts.

The catalog of what I own is something i've been intending to do for years.

Oh.

It's back on then.

Latest posts

Back