The new TPB/HC thread

moonmaster said:
Well, since that bastard E shut down my thread (FASCIST PIG!) I guess I have to talk about them here.

* prepares to ban Moonie for life *

* realizes that without him, all of us would be lost souls roaming the barren, humorless landscape of the internet, searching for our Savior *

I got the X-Men Deadly Genesis Premiere HC today, as well as the Supreme Power: Hyperion TPB which arrived in the mail. I already re-read SP:H, and realized that it reads MUCH better in TPB. I don't recall liking it too much, but after reading it I like it as well as any of the other 3 Supreme Power TPBs, which is to say, a lot. It's solid.

E said:
* prepares to ban Moonie for life *

* realizes that without him, all of us would be lost souls roaming the barren, humorless landscape of the internet, searching for our Savior *
Damn straight, *****.

Now go make me a sammich. And don't forget the mayonnaise this time or I'll stick my boot so far up your *** you'll be coughin' up shoelaces 'till next week!

I agree with you on Swamp Thing. It's so... I don't know. I see it at the library quite a bit, I pick it up, look inside, and I get put off. It just doesn't look interesting.

And I've got the fourth trade of The Punisher, thanks to TGO. It's pretty good, but I haven't really read the other arcs in depth (something I must do after rereading New X-Men), so I can't compare it to the rest.

Let's just say that Nicky pisses Frank off hardcore.

ProjectX2 said:
I agree with you on Swamp Thing. It's so... I don't know. I see it at the library quite a bit, I pick it up, look inside, and I get put off. It just doesn't look interesting.
Yeah. Like most of Moore's books (Especially his early stuff, it seems) It's written very eloquantly and the storytelling is quite good but nothing about it grabs me. I was colossaly disappointed by the "true nature" of Swamp Thing, which I just didn't find that interesting. I kind of put me off the whole book.
And I've got the fourth trade of The Punisher, thanks to TGO. It's pretty good, but I haven't really read the other arcs in depth (something I must do after rereading New X-Men), so I can't compare it to the rest.

Let's just say that Nicky pisses Frank off hardcore.
I wasn't a fan of Nicky in the first arc and I wasn't happy to hear that there was an arc focusing on him, but I'm sure it'll blow me away just as much as the rest of Punisher MAX. I like the book so much that I may sacrifice my comics for a week or two so I can pick up the other two trades.

Nicky is a sick, sick man. :sick:

I just bought Runaways Digest Vol. 4, which has the first Runaways issues from Vol. 2 of the series (starting with #1). I borrowed the first 18 issues of Vol. 1 in the HC from the library and I am now up to the Cloak and Dagger arc. This has jumped right into the top 3 of my favorite comics!

Also, I borrowed Ex Machina Vol. 1 tpb from the library and just started issue 1.

You're on a Vaughan high, and the only cure is more Vaughan! :rockon:

Mother Russia was my favorite arc.

Ennis' Nick Fury is the greatest version ever of the character. I loved when Frank killed the little dude and talked to the little girl. And what happened to the soldier with the straws. It will be a sad day when he leaves the title.

I loved the ending to Kitchen Irish. I was in so much shock.

The next arc is easiest the sickest, grossiest yet. I had to put the thing down like 5 times just to let it sink in what I just read. It was the first arc I read.

Swamp Thing was very werid. It was better than I thought. I dug it a lot. But that's just me. I could see why it would bore some people.

I am officially addicted to Runaways.

I'm still only on #3 or #4 of Volume 2 in the fourth digest of the series, but after reading #2, I immediately decided to take a walk to my LCS so I could buy the fifth digest, Escape to New York.

Now the only problem is that there's no release date for #13-#18 in the near future. On Amazon, I only saw they had a release date as part of the second hardcover (includes #1-18 of Volume 2).

Does anyone here know of a release date for the sixth digest? And I do realize that #18 hasn't even been released yet.

Honestly, I bet it'll be announced with the Marvel Solicitations for October this tuesday... Especially since the story-arc will be wrapping up soon.

ultimatedjf said:
Alright, cool. I just finished issue #6, and I will now be starting the New York arc. When does Alphona leave the book, and who takes his place?

He doesn't leave the book. There is the occasional fill in, though.

Here's what I'm planning on getting from some TPB/HC's starting from May:

Spider-Man/Blackcat: The Evil That Men Do Marvel Premiere HC
X-Men: Firestar Digest
Decimation: Generation M TPB
Champions Classic Vol. 1 TPB

July:
The Halo Graphic Novel HC

August:
New Mangaverse: Rings of Fate Digest
Decimation: X-Men: The 198 TPB
Decimation: Sentinel Squad O*N*E TPB
Decimation: Son of M TPB

September:
Haunt of Horror: Edgar Allen Poe HC

October:
Daredevil: The Devil, Inside and Out Vol. 1 TPB
Heroes Reborn: Fantastic Four TPB

Also:
Y: The Last Man Volumes 3-7
Ex Machina Volume 3

And some others that I still have to get.

AUGUEST
New X-men Vol.2
Ultimate Spider-Man Vol.16 "Deadpool"
Robin - Days Of Fire And Madness
Cable/Deadpool Vol.5 "Living Legends"
Son Of M
Hellblazer - Stations Of The Cross
Sentry - Reborn
Thing - Idol Of Millions
Book Of Lost Souls
Nextwave Vol.1

SEPTEMBER
Batman - Face To Face
Jonah Hex - A Face Full Of Violence
League Of Ex.Gentlemen Vol.1 & 2
Superman - Infinite City
New Avengers Vol.4
Batgirl - Destruction's Daughter
JSA - Mixed Signals
Otherworld Book One
Ms.Marvel Vol.1
Uncanny X-men Vol.5
Superman - Up,Up, And Away

OCTOBER
Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere
Green Lantern - No Fear
Ex Machina Vol.3
Swamp Thing - Sponteous Generation
Y The Last Man Vol.7
Ultimate X-men Vol.14
Desolation Jones
Pulse Vol.3
Daredevil-Father
Wolverine Origins Vol.1
Sensational Spider-Man - Feral
Ultimate Fantastic Four Vol.6
LOEG - The Black Dossier
Young Avengers Vol.2
Runaways Vol.6
Daredevil Vol.1

NOVEMBER
Gotham Central - Unresolved Targets
Gotham Central -The Quick and The Dead
Nightwing - Renegade
Captain Atom - Armageddon
Aquaman - Sword Of Alantis Vol.1
Swamp Thing - Infernal Triangles
Green Lantern - Revenge Of The Green Lanterns
Ex Machina Vol.4

w00t!

Got my Iron Man: Extremis Premiere Hardcover and Y: The Last Man vols. 6 & 7 TPBs today.

Latest posts

Back