The Office (american version)

Irish_4204

Well-Known Member
The american version of The Office premiered last night. I know NBC ripped it off of BBC, but it was still funny as hell. Steve Carell is hilarious. I loved when he was introducing the receptionist, Pam.

Anyone else see it? If so, did you like it/love it/hate it?

Here's the site. http://www.nbc.com/The_Office/
 
Last edited:

Irish_4204

Well-Known Member
I dont' know.

Next week's episode is supposed to be out diversity training or something. The boss makes notecards and puts a different race/ethnicity on them, and gives them to the workers. They have to act like that race. I thought it looked hilarious. The black guy got the Black card. Also, the boss got the Indian card and he had to act Indian to this indian woman.
 

Guijllons

Well-Known Member
I have doubts about this. The English version was incredibly subtle in its delivery. That's not something American comedy is known for.
It may well be very funny, I just think it will be funny for different reasons.
 

Dr.Strangefate

He Sees You When You're Sleeping. He Knows When Yo
Guijllons said:
I have doubts about this. The English version was incredibly subtle in its delivery. That's not something American comedy is known for.
It may well be very funny, I just think it will be funny for different reasons.

Exactly, they cant do exactly what they did in Britain, if they did, it wouldnt be sucessful.

I saw the episode and it was Hilarious at moments, and falls at others. But it was only the pilot, so its bound to get much much better.
 

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
Yeah, at some points it wasn't that good but there were some really funny moments, like Steve Carrel's character "punking" the receptionist and making her cry.
 

Solaris

Well-Known Member
BBC three will run it sometime soon - though not sure i want to watch as the british original was dead ...funny
well, maybe i should watch, so i can rip it afterwards :wink:
 

ultimatedjf

Well-Known Member
You guys should all watch Arrested Development! It's right up your alley and is better than The Office (the american version)!

And if you already do, you are automatically my new best friend.
 

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Irish_4204 said:
I dont' know.

Next week's episode is supposed to be out diversity training or something. The boss makes notecards and puts a different race/ethnicity on them, and gives them to the workers. They have to act like that race. I thought it looked hilarious. The black guy got the Black card. Also, the boss got the Indian card and he had to act Indian to this indian woman.

Ethnicity in Scranton? Ha. Irish Democrats is about all you'll get around here. By the way the people here are really ugly too.
 

Irish_4204

Well-Known Member
Guijllons said:
This is what is said about it on the BBC news.

Hmmm, doesn't look all too great.
I know it won't be as good as the BBC version, but I do think it's one of the better sitcoms right now. NBC needed a funny show. After Sienfield they had Friends, now they have this. I hope it gets funnier. I love Carell, I think he's hilarious (loved him in Anchorman as Brick).
 

Guijllons

Well-Known Member
If I watch it, I will try not to compare it to the BBC version, it's for a different audience, it's a different show. I hope it will be funny on its own merits.
 

E

Moderator
Excelsior Club
ultimatedjf said:
You guys should all watch Arrested Development! It's right up your alley and is better than The Office (the american version)!

And if you already do, you are automatically my new best friend.

EVERYONE should watch Arrested Development, it is better than every other show on TV. :D
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
UltimateE said:
EVERYONE should watch Arrested Development, it is better than every other show on TV. :D
I checked it out once. I like The Office better. :p
 

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
UltimateE said:
EVERYONE should watch Arrested Development, it is better than every other show on TV. :D

Definitely. The other day I was sitting in school and started thinking about the moment from last week's epidode when they're playing George Micheal's tape and Jobe says "The ladies love him. Old and young, it doesn't matter...in the dark" and they show George Micheal turning out a light and smiling, and he says to Jobe, "That's why you made me do that!" I almost busted up laughing in Algebra class.
 

Latest posts

Top