The Office (american version)

Did anyone watch last night? I thought it was pretty funny, but only really the last segment. I loved when he was throwing all the Ice Cream Sandwiches at everyone, and I also liked the scene where the guy in charge of healthcare had everyone gathered around as he read off all the diseases. The "big surprise" was also pretty funny.

I saw it last night. I thought it was funny once again. I like the big fat guy and the younger kid who always messes with that one guy. I really need to learn their names.

I also liked when the woman was like "does inverted penis mean a vagina? becuase I have a vagina."

The first 4 episodes are on NBC tonight from 8-10pm.

Also The Complete Season One (6 episodes, but I've heard that the special features are priceless if you like Steve Carell) is now on a one-disc DVD.

Oh, and by the way, this'll be cancelled by the end of the 2nd season.

Because almost no one watched the first season; NBC stunned everybody with the announcement that it was renewed (a gamble). NBC actually thinks that more people will watch it this season BECAUSE of this week's marathon and DVD release. But even if the ratings improve cuz of this week, it won't be by much, and the ratings will still be low enough to get the ax.

ultimatedjf said:
Because almost no one watched the first season; NBC stunned everybody with the announcement that it was renewed (a gamble). NBC actually thinks that more people will watch it this season BECAUSE of this week's marathon and DVD release. But even if the ratings improve cuz of this week, it won't be by much, and the ratings will still be low enough to get the ax.
My friends and I love this show. I don't think it'll get axed next season. I love Steve Carell and so will the rest of america once they see 40 year old virgin. There will be a season two.

Ah, I knew it was here somewhere.

Now if you really follow this show, I reccomend that you guys go to tvguide.com, where, starting last Tuesday, cast member B.J. Novak writes a really great column about the show and behind the scenes fun and all that. It's under the web site section called INSIDER, and I think that there may still be a way to view the first one. If that's not the case, and you have to subscribe to read it now (as it's been enough time to be filed into the archives) I can post a link to it.

So funny.

I applaud The Office for somehow, even w/ the warning, getting that episode on NBC. I have never laughed as hard as I did when Steve said that last thing to Phyllis. ("The only thing I have to worry about......") :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I am pleased to inform NBC Office fans, that, thanks to My Name Is Earl and The 40-year-old Virgin, people are finally watching this show!! :D

(Now if only those people would start watching "Arrested"....)

Ryan Started The Fire!!!

Dwight was hilarious this episode as the biggest spaz/whiner goin'

Jim's new girlfriend was on Smallville... just a little note. When the hell is Pam and Jim gonna get together. I'm completely in love with her character.

This show will never ever let me down. I should really try to catch the English Version.

5/5

MWOF, I read in an article that they are going to try and draw out the "Pam/Jim not together" thing for as long as they can. Makes it funnier.

Man, that episode was hilarious. I almost hurt myself laughing. Kevin and Dwight were the standouts. :lol: I love the look on Pam's face when Everyone just blatantly says they'd do Pam on Desert Island.

But man, oh man, Dwight is hilarious!

"DO YOU WANT TO DIE?!"

Forgot to mention this, but The Office season 2 (this season) recently got picked up for the full 22 episodes (it didn't get a full season at first because Season 1 started mid-season and had horrific ratings). So now my promise earlier in the thread just blew up in my face. Oh well.

One of the Entertainment Weekly Tv critics named this as their #8 favorite show of 2005.

On a side note, I'm really hoping that this does well on its new night. It'll be tough, going up against CSI and The O.C. (which recently announced they will be moving to 9pm).

i live in england (as my location implies) & i really liked the office when it came out over here...i have both series on DVD & the christmas special(s).
i've seen a few of the american version's episodes, & although i get what they're trying to do i just don't think it works. it's like, arrested development couldn't work over here & the office doesn't work there.

Latest posts

Back