The Office (american version)

Now that this will on on Thursdays, I will have no chance of missing it. Tuesdays was a problems since I watch Supernatural at that time.

This and my name is earl are easily my new favorate shows.

Last edited:
The Office should be renamed to The Office: Scranton. You have no idea what it's like being from Scranton and all the references it makes. Bishop O'Hara?? My ex-girlfriend/best friend (you can see her on my myspace page in my top 8) is from there. Only I don't know what they called it but it's commonly referred to as "The Social Black Hole". They were my high school (Dunmore's) Rival as we were the public school in Dunmore and they were the Catholic. Wallenpaupak is where the Ice Breaker Relay's were held every year and where we'd get cabins after our formals. Good times.

The episode was hilarious and surprinsingly really sad. Poor Jim.

5/5

Last edited:
Has GMasterbater come in this thread yet to blast the American version because the British one is better even though he's never seen the American one?

Do yourself favor, if the American Office is on, turn off the TV, go to the video store and get the DVDs of the UK version.

I'm gonna stop this before it starts. There's a reason the thread is titled "American Version". It's for discussion of the American Version. I have no doubt the original version is gold, where this is silver but this is not a thread where we're gonna start arguing about this bull****. I love Steve Carrell and I think the supporting cast for this series is brilliant. I don't think it hurt at all that they Americanized it for Americans. If you want to discuss the English version then start a seperate thread. But if you guys are so proud, why isn't there a thread praising it like we have ours. I'll be renting the English version because I'll try not to be biased but I won't let it ruin my "Scranton" version. If anyone even starts their anti-american crap from here on out, I will come over seas and give them the ball-twap, face shove, drop kick combo.

The Overlord said:
Do yourself favor, if the American Office is on, turn off the TV, go to the video store and get the DVDs of the UK version.
You are right. Th English version is damn funny. I love Ricky Gervias. While you are at the video shop, get out Extras. Hilarious.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'm gonna stop this before it starts. There's a reason the thread is titled "American Version". It's for discussion of the American Version. I have no doubt the original version is gold, where this is silver but this is not a thread where we're gonna start arguing about this bull****.
Well, Gold is far more valuable than silver, and it shows in this series.
If you want to discuss the English version then start a seperate thread. But if you guys are so proud, why isn't there a thread praising it like we have ours. I'll be renting the English version because I'll try not to be biased but I won't let it ruin my "Scranton" version.
We don't need to make our own thread praising it, because we all already know how good it is. We aren't as insecure as you guys.
If anyone even starts their anti-american crap from here on out, I will come over seas and give them the ball-twap, face shove, drop kick combo.
I'd like to see you try.

UltimateE said:
Has GMasterbater come in this thread yet to blast the American version because the British one is better even though he's never seen the American one?

This si what i mean by racial hatred. I only hate you American's because of the way you all treat us. And I don't even hate all Americans. Slimjim was offered a place in England.
Anyway, I have seen the American version, when I ehard they were doing it (this was a while ago) I downlaoded the first 3, I think, and to be fair (this might have just been because I'm British and you're humour is different, but...) I didn't like it. Not at all. Ricky Gervais is much funnier than Steve, and in the American show it looks too scripted, whereas with the British, it looks a lot like improv. I'm pretty sure it's not, as interviews with Ricky Gervais have shown how he sets our scripts, and it is not improv.

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
I'm gonna stop this before it starts. There's a reason the thread is titled "American Version". It's for discussion of the American Version. I have no doubt the original version is gold, where this is silver but this is not a thread where we're gonna start arguing about this bull****. I love Steve Carrell and I think the supporting cast for this series is brilliant. I don't think it hurt at all that they Americanized it for Americans. If you want to discuss the English version then start a seperate thread. But if you guys are so proud, why isn't there a thread praising it like we have ours. I'll be renting the English version because I'll try not to be biased but I won't let it ruin my "Scranton" version. If anyone even starts their anti-american crap from here on out, I will come over seas and give them the ball-twap, face shove, drop kick combo.

Hey man, keep cool. I am not even British, I am Canadian, though I am also half American. Its really hard to talk about US Office without mentioning the UK version, the first whole episode of the American Office is an almost extact translation of the first episode of the UK version, though less funny in my opinion. Also I find some of the jokes in the US version lack context (the Hitler impersonation gag works better in the UK version).

Now if you want an original and funny take on office life from the American perspective rent Office Space, that's a good movie. The American version of the Office is okay, but I have been spoliled by the British version. Its like "Whose Line is it Anyway", the British version was a very funny mix of American and British comedy, while the American version felt bland by comparsion.

GMaster said:
This si what i mean by racial hatred. I only hate you American's because of the way you all treat us. And I don't even hate all Americans. Slimjim was offered a place in England.

Americans. No apostrophe (that's the little ' you use to indicate posession).

And I don't hate Brits. I think Guij and Bass are jolly good :D . It's just you I don't like.

slimjim:GMaster... You're breaking my heart. You're going down a path I can't follow
GMaster: Because of E?
slimjim: [crying] Because of what you've done, what you plan to do. Stop. Stop now. Come back!

slimjim said:
slimjim:GMaster... You're breaking my heart. You're going down a path I can't follow
GMaster: Because of E?
slimjim: [crying] Because of what you've done, what you plan to do. Stop. Stop now. Come back!
Star Wars.

And for the record, my endless argument with E is over.

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
Overlord it wasn't directly towards you. Think of it as more of a preemptive strike against anyone who had any ideas.

So anyone have any questions about Scranton?

Are the shots of city during the opening credits of actual Scranton?

Latest posts

Back