The Official Wizard World CHICAGO 2007 thread.

I know there was the 3 books you get that was mentioned on the website, and like, 2-3 other books. But I know there was more other non-Turner stuff. But it's not always"Turner-heavy". There's always a Turner cover or 2 when you go VIP, but not always like we had.

Ok when is Chicago, becasue I really feel like I missed out on some nights of drinking? I really want to go and have about half of what I need saved up.

Wow. I can do Chicago round trip for $9. That makes things a bit easier.

Cool - hope you can make it!

Getting to the con floor a half hour before others? Yeah, I'd say that was the case. :)

Like I said I don't care much about the freebies, and getting in 1/2 hour early doesn't mean much since I would be hard pressed to get there right when the doors open anyway.

Right now...Chicago is a big maybe.

I'm really not gonna know until the last minute.

Dude...you HAVE to go.

I know right?

I mean Chicago sounds fun. But I worry that it won't be as fun as Philly and it'll be spent trying to recapture the magic of the City of Brotherly Love. I don't know if I wanna sully that memory.

You know what the perfect analogy is? Check it....

It's like The Loop. Philly was so Season 1 complete with crazy boss and those 2 hot chicks. But Chicago is gonna be like Season 2. Hilarious.....but you still miss the magic of those 2 chicks.

Yeah....kinda like that.

E is just mad he wasn't at Philly, since he would have had a great time.

Absolutely true, but you make it sound like I just shrugged it off, which wasn't the case at all.

WW Chicago - The GoBots of WW Philly. :lol:

:lol:

Although Joe said Chicago is twice as big and the guest list looks better. Aside from maybe not having the same UCers there...the con itself looks better.

Chicago is enormous. If Philly is the biggest con you've ever seen, Chicago will probably put you into a coma.

Hibiki - take a bus! I made the whole Philly trip, bus, hotel, con, everything for like $700.

Chicago is enormous. If Philly is the biggest con you've ever seen, Chicago will probably put you into a coma.

Hibiki - take a bus! I made the whole Philly trip, bus, hotel, con, everything for like $700.

yeah, i have close to 800 saved up right now. We'll see, because I'm buying furniture for when I move out in october.

Nothing but a lot of Michael Turner Overdrive.
I love MTO.
You may have just convinced me.

I have no desire to wait in lines, and I'm not sure I see myself sitting through press conferences or Q&As. I just like to walk around and look at stuff. Freebies don't mean anything to me.
I went two years ago. I didn't know where any of these supposed "panels" and movie screenings and crap even were and the lines to see different creators were like, 40 feet long. So yeah, I just walked around and looked at stuff. And bought lots of stuff, of course.

Maybe if I go next year I'll be more prepared...

shockingly im thinking of going to this, i just graduated high school and i have a passport and id like to get the **** away from my mental family

it would be my first con

Family Problems might mean I could not have a place to stay in chicago... or maybe my mom will keep the house, i don't know... We'll see.

Hopefully i'll still be able to come.

I'm pretty sure I won't be going now. This last trip wiped me out of money by a lot (though it was totally worth it).

Plenty of people function just fine with one kidney....

Latest posts

Back