The Official Wizard World CHICAGO 2007 thread.

It all comes down to moneys for me. If I can afford to I'm there. If not I'm not. I might just do Saturday since I can do the whole cheap Megabus deal. Assuming I can crash somewhere Saturday night.

So we have lots of people just randomly posting in here... Who all is definitely coming to the show?

1. Me
2. Shade
3. Joe Kalicki
4. E and Mrs. E (maybe)
5. ???

If you're putting me as a definite, you might as well put VVD. In other words, I'm not a definite, but this is much more likely and possible than Philly was.

I really want to go but right now, I'm looking for a new apartment/house. on top of that, I have to buy furniture and whatnot and make sure I have money and i still haven't passed that ****ing state insurance test.

Boo-yah. Hotel is booked.

Now I just have to decide whether or not I want to spring for the VIP tickets.

Boo-yah. Hotel is booked.

Now I just have to decide whether or not I want to spring for the VIP tickets.

I can't speak for the guys' experience at Philly, but I wouldn't.

At any rate, I never have and I don't feel like I've missed anything because of it.

Nothing but a lot of Michael Turner Overdrive.

Last edited:
I can't speak for the guys' experience at Philly, but I wouldn't.

At any rate, I never have and I don't feel like I've missed anything because of it.

Nothing but a lot of Michael Turner Overdrive.

You may have just convinced me.

I have no desire to wait in lines, and I'm not sure I see myself sitting through press conferences or Q&As. I just like to walk around and look at stuff. Freebies don't mean anything to me.

I'm trying to get my friend Ben down with Shade and I... we'll see what happens...

We're figuring it all out.

I have no desire to wait in lines, and I'm not sure I see myself sitting through press conferences or Q&As. I just like to walk around and look at stuff. Freebies don't mean anything to me.

The panels are a lot of fun, but you don't need to be a VIP to see them, those are for everybody. As far as I can tell there are no benefits whatsoever to being a VIP except early entrance, which apparently wasn't even the case at Philly.

As far as I can tell there are no benefits whatsoever to being a VIP except early entrance, which apparently wasn't even the case at Philly.

Getting to the con floor a half hour before others? Yeah, I'd say that was the case. :)

VIP tickets aren't really necessary for someone unless you want to get in the floor at least 30 minutes before others, want free stuff (that you can even sell on e-bay) and get other special treatment. It's really for the hardkore fans. And it's not just Turner stuff given.

Last edited:
Yeah right, it was all Turner ****

I hate Turner
O RLY?

I don't think Ultimate X-Men #50 sketch cover was by Turner. Or Ultimate Spider-Man #79 sketch cover was by Turner. Or the book about Marc Silvestri was by Turner. Or Ultimate Vision sketch cover by Turner. Or that other book by Top Cow sketch cover was by Turner. There were only like, 3-4 books by Turner. :wink:

Latest posts

Back