The Pen & Paper RPG Thread

Bass

Nexus of the World
So, here I am, working away at my RPG for my friends and it occurs to me - I roleplay every Tuesday night.

Anyone else do the pen & paper dice rollin'?

I use to do the chat room RPGs which is similar but diffrent

I would play if I had friends.

I remember GMaster trying to get one going on here. We should do that again.

I do. I haven't in a few months, mainly because I've been writing an epic game, but yeah.

I play mostly White-Wolf RPGs. World of Darkness, Exalted and Scion.

I do.

We RPG in the world of Discworld. With a little tweaking, I am a Nac Mac Feegle, who carries around a big hammer and stick.

Just looking for a Kelda of my own.

It's an excuse for us to gather once a month and have fun.

Last edited:
I too play/run a Tuesday night game with my friends.

I am currently running a Mutants and Masterminds game every-other week. The basic premise is that my friends have somehow developed super-powers. They play themselves, but as super heroes. Due to the unlimited hate I have for the M&M system, we are having our grande finale next week.

On the other weeks my friend runs an Eberron game set in the future of Eberron where magic has fallen by the way-side and replaced by technology. We have recently been transported into an even FARTHER future where we are Sky-Pirates harassing the evil empire that has risen up due to the fact we were assassinated by an enemy faction a few years ago. Time travel gets convoluted. Anyway, Sky Pirates is all you really need to know.

After this hero game, I am shifting ove rto a Legacy-era Star Wars game. After the Sky-pirate game finishes up in a month or so, we will be shifting gears to a Forgotten Realms farewell to DnD 3rd ed campaign.

(Except for about 9 months in late 2004/early 2005) I have been in at least one weekly game since 3rd edition DnD came out in late 2000/early 2001.

My gaming group is actually how I came to this site. I was starting a Mutants and Masterminds game based in the Ultimate Universe, and I wanted to put together a good time-line of the major UU events. DiB ftw!

Last edited:
(Except for about 9 months in late 2004/early 2005) I have been in at least one weekly game since 3rd edition DnD came out in late 2000/early 2001.

Preggers huh?

The Discworld adventure we do is based off of 3rd edition D&D rules. Even when the switch over to 4th happens, I don't think we are going to go to it, and just stay 3rd edition.

The Discworld RPG rules were way too convoluted to be of any use to us

Last edited:
Preggers huh?

Or just finishing the last hell-year of college complete with student teaching, planning a wedding (with no related pregnancy), and trying to find a teaching job.

Also, all but 1 of my friends had graduated and lived 45 minutes-1 hour away.

I do.

We RPG in the world of Discworld. With a little tweaking, I am a Nac Mac Feegle, who carries around a big hammer and stick.

Just looking for a Kelda of my own.

It's an excuse for us to gather once a month and have fun.

...I want in.

I used to have a weekly group, AD&D then White Wolf. I never really caught on to 3rd edition so now that the group I used to play with uses that I don't go for it much. That and the guy that DMs rolls natural 20s like he's getting paid to. I might get back in with 4th. I probably won't. I do kinda miss it.

...I want in.

I used to have a weekly group, AD&D then White Wolf. I never really caught on to 3rd edition so now that the group I used to play with uses that I don't go for it much. That and the guy that DMs rolls natural 20s like he's getting paid to. I might get back in with 4th. I probably won't. I do kinda miss it.

The story finally took a turn for the serious, as we were away from Ankh Morpork for several months, and came back to it smoldering.

The story finally took a turn for the serious, as we were away from Ankh Morpork for several months, and came back to it smoldering.

How's that different from it normally? The place did get burn down (and not for the first time) in the very first book. Hell, I'm sure theres some people living in the ruins of previous iterations of the city that don't even know its happened.

Oh, I know. We don't know why it's different than normal yet.

The Unseen University left though. As in completely. They arein a pocket dimension.

Other than that, we know nothing else. It's were our DM stopped us, the bastard

I do. I haven't in a few months, mainly because I've been writing an epic game, but yeah.

I play mostly White-Wolf RPGs. World of Darkness, Exalted and Scion.

I used to play White Wolf all the time. I have **** loads of their books. Big fan of Vampire. I think the best game I ever played was a Hunter game where I managed to have the players not meet up for the first three sessions. It was a really powerful game.

Wish I knew how I did that. :?

Latest posts

Back