The Phoenix shall- what? Back Again?!!

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Okay, let me get this out. We all know she wasnt staying dead for long. Come on! Who actually thought that?

Anyway, here's a cover for the first issue of the Phoenix series. Whether its a mini or ongoing, not sure. But maybe you guys can find it here:

http://newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17672

And here is the cover:

Phoenix01__col2.jpg

*Edit:
*Sketches can be found in the same link above.*

So what are your thoughts on this fellow board members?

i remember reading somewhere that this may be just about the pheonix and jean may not appear in this book. I highly doubt that. I dont mind them bringing her back that is kinda the nature of the character but why a mini series? it is just a blatent way to milk more $$ out of people. They should bring her back in the pages of one of the many x-books if they want her to return.

And this is not necessarily a return; this could be a flashback story. I didn't read the solit so I don't know.

It's supposed to come out sometime in 2005 . Again, hasn't been officially said whether its an ongoing or mini.

But if anyone has noticed, without Jean, they dont really mention or show the Phoenix.

Ok, I was thinking of this:

(All this is hypethetical)

Let's say they bring back Jean in a later arc of Astonishing. Cyclops and Emma are really into each other. Do you guys think that Jean would go with Logan, or try to go back with Scott?

All this came to my head just by looking at the sketch picture with Logan in it.

Just read in Wizard that it is going to be a mini (as I figured). It's going to be called "Dark Phoenix". It's going to be a 5 issue mini that starts in January 2005.

The writer (Greg Pak) says that it's going to be the last Jean Grey/Phoenix story--ever! Don't know if this is meant as a joke or what.

And Greg Land isn't just doing the covers, he's also the artist on the book.

man....I still haven't gotten my issue of Wizard....:( the art looks pretty good, but there is something about wolverine....not sure what it is...

Im kinda tired of the whole Dark Phoneix thing. I love the character but shes been dead and shes come back so many times, that its annoying. I might pick it up. Not 100% sure

It looks like it's Phoenix that's coming back, not Jean. Well...check this out:

X-MEN: PHOENIX - ENDSONG #1 & 2 (of 5)
Written by GREG PAK
Pencils & Cover by GREG LAND

Industry superstar Greg Land and rising star Greg Pak begin their amazing X-Men work here! The mysterious and powerful PHOENIX FORCE is life incarnate, and yet it consumes whole worlds in a moment. Its long history with the X-Men is fraught with tragedy…especially concerning one of the most beloved of their number, JEAN GREY. What will happen when the Phoenix returns to Earth in search of the one mortal who could ever contain its power…only to find her dead?

(Taken from: http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/newsitem.cgi?id=4343)

René said:
Im kinda tired of the whole Dark Phoneix thing. I love the character but shes been dead and shes come back so many times, that its annoying. I might pick it up. Not 100% sure

When people say this it strikes me as funny - and I mean absolutely no offense by this - but the entire point of the Phoenix is that it dies and rises again. :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix

XTFLyons said:
What is this wolverine crap with Jean?? totally know nothing about this... help me out

Well he ends up with her anyway in Earth X...sort of... :shock:

UltimateE said:
When people say this it strikes me as funny - and I mean absolutely no offense by this - but the entire point of the Phoenix is that it dies and rises again. :wink:

It gets on my nerves when Marvel kill people off only to bring them back again later.

XTF, surely you know about Wolvie and Jean. I know you say you don't read 616 but this is all through Ultimate X-men as well. It was on a bit of a high note because towards the end of Morrison's run in New X-men, Scott was having telepathic sex with Emma and Jean was wandering around in the woods hitting on Wolverine (rejected too).

I'm still laughing about the issue where the word sex appeared like times or something just in the background.

Again, the preview looks absolutely fantastic. i thought it was actually quite funny. For a little while, that dragonfly was capable of destroying the earth.

Caduceus said:
XTF, surely you know about Wolvie and Jean. I know you say you don't read 616 but this is all through Ultimate X-men as well. It was on a bit of a high note because towards the end of Morrison's run in New X-men, Scott was having telepathic sex with Emma and Jean was wandering around in the woods hitting on Wolverine (rejected too).

I'm still laughing about the issue where the word sex appeared like times or something just in the background.

Again, the preview looks absolutely fantastic. i thought it was actually quite funny. For a little while, that dragonfly was capable of destroying the earth.

'Sex' appearing all over was pretty funny.

I'd have to go back and look, but I thought Scott was just thinking about having an affair with Emma - he didn't actually do it.

Latest posts

Back