The Pixar Thread

kiki's delivery service is my secret love.

Me too

It fascinated me for an entire Saturday afternoon
*clears throat conspicuously*

*points at thread title*

The biggest irony about all these disgusting Ghibli/Miyazaki fan-wanking posts is that Ourchair's Awesome Anime Thread (where they would be more appropriate) is currently active.

I cry everytime I see it.

Stupid Mufasa. Why does he have to die EVERY TIME. :evil:

I know! It's like after 2 or 3 times you think he would learn what scar had planned. :lol:

I still mark out for the "You are my son" line very "I am your father" which is great. Now I don't cry when I watch it , I said i'm a fan , not a woman :lol:

I'm kidding. Ironically though getting back on topic I think the 2d disney movies are the better than the 3d ones most of the time

• The lion king
  • Fox and the hound
  • Peter pan
  • Snow White
  • Jungle Book
  • Robin hood
  • Pinocchio
  • Dumbo
  • Lady and the Tramp

I'm not just saying this but no Pixar film can touch them and I am a huge fan of toy story (I still have an original buzz lightyear mint in box and **** loads of L.G.M stuff :lol: :oops: )

I still mark out for the "You are my son" line very "I am your father" which is great. Now I don't cry when I watch it , I said i'm a fan , not a woman :lol:

frfrdsesaaaatj5.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Please use that more often

BACK ON TOPIC.

I'm babysitting for my siblings right now (while on UC). I'm having them/me watch Toy Story (1st Pixar) to prepare for Ratatouille (8th Pixar). :rockon: Love Toy Story.

Oh and, Pixar/music fans should pick up the Ratatouille soundtrack. It is moste excellente.

I think Princess Mononoke is *seriously* over-hyped. It has its merits, in terms of storytelling, characterization, and especially the quality of the animation. But it is NOT the mind-blowingly impressive, world-changing masterpiece that so many people seem to believe it is. I could argue my point further, but (a) it's not on topic for this thread, (b) it's often useless to debate stuff that boils down to a matter of taste, and (c) I'm not really sure whether I care enough.

Actually, this seems to apply to ALL the Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli titles, come to think of it...
This is because you hate all anime, you Nazi churl.

This is because you hate all anime, you Nazi churl.
No, I don't. I just don't have the same kind of fondness for any particular anime title that I do for stuff from other mediums.

For that matter, I feel much the same way about the movies produced by Piaxar (which is the designated topic of this thread, the last time I checked).

Basically, I don't find anything particularly distasteful about the storytelling devices, themes, or animation styles that are unique to anime OR Pixar titles. It's just that no one particular effort has appealed to me enough to want to geek out about it -- although The Incredibles and FLCL come close.

As for the Miyazaki stuff, I'll clarify my problem with Ghibli in the Awesome Anime thread.

*clears throat conspicuously*

*points at thread title*

The biggest irony about all these disgusting Ghibli/Miyazaki fan-wanking posts is that Ourchair's Awesome Anime Thread (where they would be more appropriate) is currently active.

No, I don't. I just don't have the same kind of fondness for any particular anime title that I do for stuff from other mediums.

For that matter, I feel much the same way about the movies produced by Piaxar (which is the designated topic of this thread, the last time I checked).

Basically, I don't find anything particularly distasteful about the storytelling devices, themes, or animation styles that are unique to anime OR Pixar titles. It's just that no one particular effort has appealed to me enough to want to geek out about it -- although The Incredibles and FLCL come close.

As for the Miyazaki stuff, I'll clarify my problem with Ghibli in the Awesome Anime thread.

Manwithoutfear?

NEW RATINGS

1. Ratatouille
2. The Incredibles
3. Toy Story 2
4. Finding Nemo
5. Monsters, Inc.
6. Cars
7. Toy Story
8. A Bugs Life

NEW RATINGS

1. The Incredibles (2004) A
2. Finding Nemo (2003) A
3. Toy Story (1995) A
4. Ratatouille (2007) A
5. Monsters, Inc. (2001) A
6. Cars (2006) A-
7. Toy Story 2 (1999) A-
8. A Bug's Life (1998 ) B+

As you can see, I'm quite in love with Pixar.

"Lifted" (I think that's what it was called) was good, but not great. I certainly laughed throughout most of it. Once again, as with "One Man Band" (the best of the Pixar shorts, IMO), Michael Giacchino did the score. :rockon:

"Lifted" : B+

Finally bought a bug's life, completing my Pixar on DVD collection. And after rewatching it, I'd still say a B+ but it really is quite an excellent film nonetheless. I mean I gave Spider-Man 3 a B+, but it's nowhere near as timeless / classic as a bug's life.

Updated for Ratatouille...

1. The Incredibles
  2. Monster's Inc.
  3. Finding Nemo
  4. Cars
  5. Ratatouille
  6. Bugs Life
  7. Toy Story 2
  8. Toy Story

Incredibles still not only tops my Pixar list.....but it very well may be the greatest superhero film ever made.

Updated for Ratatouille...

1. The Incredibles
  2. Monster's Inc.
  3. Finding Nemo
  4. Cars
  5. Ratatouille
  6. Bugs Life
  7. Toy Story 2
  8. Toy Story

Incredibles still not only tops my Pixar list.....but it very well may be the greatest superhero film ever made.

I thought I remembered you saying you liked Ratatouille more than Cars?

My new list:

Toy Story 2 - A+
The Incredibles - A+
Toy Story - A
A Bug's Life - A (don't see why this one's so underrated)
Finding Nemo - A-
Ratatouille - A-
Monster's Inc. - C (it's not really a bad film, I just found it to be so corny and kid-oriented, unlike their other films which literally define the "family film/fans of all ages" genre).
Cars - N/A (haven't seen it)

Latest posts

Back