The Pixar Thread

Trailer played before hulk for WALL-E , I had not seen that trailer before. I want to see that film, I'll wait for the dvd but it does look awesome

I downloaded a perfect copy of Ratatouille , I thought just finished watching and I have to say that film kicked *** , I loved it. Here is my updated list

1. Toy story - A+
  2. Ratatouille - A+
  3. Toy Story 2 - A
  4. cars - B+
  5. Finding Nemo - B-
    [*]The Incredibles - D-
    [*]A Bugs life - E
    [*]Monsters, Inc - E

You have no soul.

Monsters Inc is the only Dis/Pix film I didn't like. I love all the others except Cars, because I haven't seen it.

Monsters Inc.... it was just so unimaginitave compared to all the others. It's one single idea stretched out for two hours. "Monsters use children's screams for electricity, and it's a business". That's it. The Boo storyline is just a completely by-the-numbers layer of warmth for it all to revolve around.

The other Dis/Pix films work so well because they justify their schmultz by taking such a constantly creative and alive approach to them that it makes them seem like new. Inc didn't. It was just another kids film.

Also, there was very little in terms of adventure in it, another essential staple of the films.

I'll agree to the structural complaints, but I also think its probably the wittiest of the Pixar films, and possibly the funniest.

I'm expecting Wall*E to be better than the last two Disney/Pixar films; though to be fair, I haven't seen Ratatouille (sp?). Cars was alright, and I haven't had any rush urges to see the Ratatouille film.

But Wall*E looks like to be a lot of fun and hilarious.

I haven't seen Ratatouille (sp?). Cars was alright, and I haven't had any rush urges to see the Ratatouille film.

I didn't either. It just didn't interest me.

But then we got it for the kids and watched it, and I was hooked throughout the entire thing. It's one of my favorite Pixar movies.

I didn't either. It just didn't interest me.

But then we got it for the kids and watched it, and I was hooked throughout the entire thing. It's one of my favorite Pixar movies.
Yeah, I don't mind checking it out, but every time I see it's on one of the movie channels, I'm already like a half our or an hour late, so I don't watch it. One of these days I'll be finally able to see it.

My boss saw it with his grandson when it came out and he loved it.

NEW RATINGS

1. The Incredibles (2004) A
2. Finding Nemo (2003) A
3. Toy Story (1995) A
4. WALL-E (2008 ) A
5. Ratatouille (2007) A
6. Monsters, Inc. (2001) A
7. Cars (2006) A-
8. Toy Story 2 (1999) A-
9. A Bug's Life (1998 ) B+

Last edited:
1. Wall-E
2. Ratatouille
3. The Incredibles
4. Toy Story 2
5. Finding Nemo
6. Monsters, Inc.
7. Cars
8. Toy Story
9. A Bugs Life

After rewatching Monsters, Inc., I've decided to make one little change in my rankings.

1. The Incredibles (2004) A
2. Finding Nemo (2003) A
3. Toy Story (1995) A
4. WALL-E (2008 ) A
5. Ratatouille (2007) A
6. Cars (2006) A-
7. Monsters, Inc. (2001) A-
8. Toy Story 2 (1999) A-
9. A Bug's Life (1998 ) B+

The new short at the beginning of WALL*E was the best one yet.

1. Toy Story 2 - A+
2. Toy Story and The Incredibles too close to rank - A+
4. Finding Nemo - A
5. A Bug's Life - A
6. Wall-E - B
7. Ratatouille - B
8. Monster's Inc - C

Edit: And yes, although Geri's Game is still the best Pixar short, the one before Wall-E was AWESOME and very close. So creative. It might be my favourite.

Last edited:
Monsters Inc.... it was just so unimaginitave compared to all the others. It's one single idea stretched out for two hours. "Monsters use children's screams for electricity, and it's a business". That's it. The Boo storyline is just a completely by-the-numbers layer of warmth for it all to revolve around.

The other Dis/Pix films work so well because they justify their schmultz by taking such a constantly creative and alive approach to them that it makes them seem like new. Inc didn't. It was just another kids film.

Also, there was very little in terms of adventure in it, another essential staple of the films.
You are wrong.

Also, you must hate children or have never been a child.

Probably both.

Latest posts

Back