The Quentin Tarantino Thread

Oh, I see what you mean. It can work negatively in the opposite sense. As much as you disliked Superman Returns, you'd be thanking Bryan Singer if you read the other ways that they tried to restart the series (It's very long but it's worth reading. Start suspending your disbelief because some of the stuff that they thought of is just too idiotic to even understand.).

Yeah I had read about them and they are retarded.

Not to mention how Christopher Nolan - when asked if he would use The Penguin in a Batman sequel - laughed and called The Penguin ridiculous, saying that they could never translate him to the big screen in a serious way. This is contradicted by the fact that The Penguin has been portrayed in the comics as a very believable British crime boss for years now, and could be easily introduced as one of Gotham's newest organized crime baddies.

That is stupid , Out of batman's villains penguin is one of the easiest.

I really see your point. I always thought if a real comic book geek had done something e.g Spider-man the movie. we might of got webshooters , sarcastic spidey and no power ranger goblin. But seeing that made me think , ok maybe not.

Last edited:
Yeah I had read about them and they are retarded.

That is stupid , Out of batman's villains penguin is one of the easiest.

I really see your point. I always thought if a real comic book geek had done something e.g Spider-man the movie. we might of got webshooters , sarcastic spidey and no power ranger goblin. But seeing that made me think , ok maybe not.

Now you can at least appreciate Returns a little bit.

Reservoir Dogs is his best movie, but it lacks the commercial viability that Pulp Fiction had to make it his most well known and deffinatly most viable film. Jackie Brown was... well it just didn't have the magic that most of the other movies he's done did. I think a unified Kill Bill, with the plot and action more spread through the four hours might work better than RD.

Why haven't we gotten that yet?

I did love his entry for Four Rooms, but then I've seen the Alfred Hitchcock Presents it was based off of. I think that adds alot to it.

My lighter never lights 10 times in a row.

I believe the complete Kill Bill is coming out the same day Death Proof comes out on DVD. It's got the black and white scenes in full colour, with a few extra details in other scenes.

I believe the complete Kill Bill is coming out the same day Death Proof comes out on DVD. It's got the black and white scenes in full colour, with a few extra details in other scenes.

Now will this be a full re-edit into the film he originally wanted released or just the movies back to back?

I've met him twice. Once early in NY and again for the sneak preview of Kill BIll Vol. 2 He sat right in front of me in the theatre.

I've met him twice. Once early in NY and again for the sneak preview of Kill BIll Vol. 2 He sat right in front of me in the theatre.

Did you take blood samples?

Was he exited about meeting you?

Was he exited about meeting you?

I don't think he noticed. Also, Paul Mitchell (the shampoo guy) was there sitting next to him. He was addressing everybody, not just me, then my gay *** boyfriend(ex) tried to be all cool with him and just ended up looking all snobby. you could tell Quentin tarantino just wanted to take a glock to his forehead and release a hot lead bullet into his face. It was cool. He's actually really cool other than that and very relaxed. You can tell he hates *** kissers.

Oooo.

Did you put your feet up on the back of his chair?
That would definitely have gotten his attention, especially if Hibiki was in revealing shoes -- it's glaringly obvious that Tarantino has a foot fetish. And even if he didn't admit it to the press, it shows, in the choice of shots he uses, etc.

That would definitely have gotten his attention, especially if Hibiki was in revealing shoes -- it's glaringly obvious that Tarantino has a foot fetish. And even if he didn't admit it to the press, it shows, in the choice of shots he uses, etc.

You seem to know a lot about that ........ just saying is all.:lol:

It's pretty obvious. Every movie he's made except Reservoir Dogs has at least 10 seconds of foot action. Even Grindhouse. It's pretty hard to miss. He's even got a scene with foot action in From Dusk Til Dawn. He stares at the girl's feet for about 30 seconds. Anyways, I should know, since Tarantino's one of my favorite directors.

This is how I rank his films:

1. Pulp Fiction - Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs come really close, but ultimately, I like Pulp better. I'll explain why I like Reservoir Dogs when I get to Reservoir Dogs, but this is why I like Pulp Fiction better: it has a richer cast of characters. Samuel L. Jackson - obviously one of his best known roles, and arguably his greatest. Bruce Willis - I like the elements of his little story that Tarantino wrote in there, the watch, etc., it gave him a lot of depth, and it makes you care about him more when he's in the shop with Marsellus and you-know-who. It's got an awesome f*cking ending. "It's the one that says bad motherf*cker!". Because of all this, because of the characters and everything, it makes the film more colorful than Reservoir Dogs. And y'know, they're both totally different films. But in Reservoir Dogs, it all basically happens in the warehouse (which is fine, it really shows Tarantino's ability to write), and all the characters are white. And there are virtually no women in the movie (save for the waitress and the girl who
shoots Mr. Orange.
And finally, Pulp Fiction is a helluva lot more quotable. I guess if I watch Reservoir Dogs again I'll change my opinion again, and then I'll watch Pulp Fiction again and change my opinion oncemore. Every time I watch one I change my mind. And obviously, as one can expect from a Tarantino movie, great script.
2. Reservoir Dogs - Tim Roth really shines as Mr. Orange, and pulls off an American accent really good (Christian Bale does it better, I'm afraid). Once again, great script. For me, the most memorable scene isn't the ear scene (which I wasn't very affected by....is that weird?), it's the beginning, right when they leave the diner, the slow-motion walk with the open credits, with the George Baker song ("Little Green Bag"). But really, I think Tim Roth at least deserved an Oscar nomination (was he nominated....?). Steve Buscemi is awesome too.
3. Kill Bill Vol. 1&2 - I liked both volumes equally. They were filmed as one movie, right? Since it would be too long to release as one movie....Anyways, I just consider them one movie.
4. Jackie Brown - It's a little duller than his other movies, but it's worth a view, and it's got sweet music (as usual). The book it's based on (Rum Punch, by Elmore Leonard) is pretty good, but Tarantino changed it a lot for the movie. Jackie Brown is a white woman named Jackie Burke, for example, and there are Neo-Nazis at the beginning.
5. Death Proof (Grindhouse) - I know it's a little unfair to pit it against Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs, since it's not technically a feature film (I'm pretty sure Quentin would try a little harder on the ending if it was a feature film), but it's still one of his movies. So, yeah, it was the worst.

I'm really looking forward to Inglorious Bastards. It takes elements from a lot of war movies like the Dirty Dozen and Cross of Iron and the Great Escape, but I think it's going to be unlike any war movie ever made.

Last edited:
I am extremely mad that I missed this thread earlier.

Tarantino has to be my favorite director. Period. I mean yeah I could something lame like, Speilberg or Hitchcock or any other director that eveyone lese favors...but Tarantino remains up there for so many reasons. Mostly because his films never get old to me. I can watch Kill Bill or Jackie Brown at anytime and still be comepletely enthralled with them as if I'm seeing it for the first time.

I think I'd have to rank them as follows....

• 5. Death Proof - Ranked so low not because of quality....but because its not a film unto itself. If anything its more like an independent short film that went on too long. The film itself didn't go on too long....but the premise is pretty simple. There's really no major development. Girls talk. Girls play silly game. Girls alomost die in car wreck from sadistic madman. Girls get mad and take revenge. I don't know....I have a feeling that if this was a standalone film that he did and we had all waited on baited breath for.....we'd have all been pissed.
  • 4. Resevoir Dogs - So many things to love about this films. So little things to dislike. In the end....it's just ranked so low because I'm always looking for a little more humor in my Tarantino films than this offered.
  • 3. Pulp Fiction - In the fifth...your *** goes down. Say it.
  • 2. Jackie Brown - One of his lesser loved films. Loved the blaxpolitation feel to this. The 70's soul soundtrack accompanied this perfectly. Instead of his normal wild, "out there" characters, each person was more reserved but still compelling in their own rights. In the end---it just boils down to feel.
  • 1. Kill Bill - The be-all-end-all Tarantino films. Never before have I seen such a masterful blend of revenge, spaghetti western, Shaw Bros kung fu films, comedy and action films. This homage to all that he loves stands as the shining beacon of everything I loved about those genres. And as God as my witness.....I love the sushi scene with Hattori Hanzo the most. So powerful and so complex and yet relaxing all at once.

I kid you not when I say that I would quit the military and work as Tarantino's personal manservant so long as I got to shadow him and see what makes him tick when he makes movies.

Latest posts

Back