The Quentin Tarantino Thread

:( Speilberg is my favourite director

Mine too, Moley.:rockon:

Meh.

He's wicked talented....but having him as a fav is a copout. Everyone likes him. Its like asking what kinda classic muscle car you'd love to own. Everyone says the '67 Shelby GT.

Meanwhile, Tarantino is just one of those directors that you either love or hate.

He's wicked talented....but having him as a fav is a copout. Everyone likes him.

Everyone seems to like Tarantino too ......

But yeah I know your point , He's still my favourite. Nothing wrong with having the most liked as favourite.

Still I love Tarantino though

Everyone seems to like Tarantino too ......

But yeah I know your point , He's still my favourite. Nothing wrong with having the most liked as favourite.

Still I love Tarantino though
Most people here love Tarantino. But I work with people everyday who can't stand everything he's ever done.

There's nothing wrong with having Speilberg as your fav.....it just seems like such a status quo fav.

Meh....

Kill Bill is undoubtedly his Magnum Opus.

Not undoubtedly. Everyone has their own opinions, and I've heard a lot more complaints about Kill Bill than I have of Pulp Fiction. Besides the fact that it's probably overrated, what bad can you say about Pulp Fiction? It's the film that critics refer to the most when they talk about Tarantino, whenever he comes out with a new movie it's the film of his to which they most often compare. Four directors listed it on their Top 10 Films list for the Top 10 poll on the Sight and Sound magazine website (3 critics did also). It's also the only Tarantino film nominated for an Oscar for Best Picture (as far as I know).

He's wicked talented....but having him as a fav is a copout.
Ehh....cliche....maybe. Copout? No way.

Everyone likes him. Its like asking what kinda classic muscle car you'd love to own. Everyone says the '67 Shelby GT.
Not everyone. I have no clue as to what kind of car that is. I'm not a "car person".

Meanwhile, Tarantino is just one of those directors that you either love or hate.
I don't know. I'm kinda in the middle with him. I like him, but I don't exactly "love" or "hate".

Meh.

He's wicked talented....but having him as a fav is a copout. Everyone likes him.

I'm with Ice. It's not a copout at all in this case. It would only be that way if it were a case of him just being generally good, but also not offensive or bizarre to anyone, so people just say him by default, because they don't "get" Kubrick or Quentin.

Spielberg's my favourite because I really think he's got the most talent of any of them when it comes to shooting a movie. Jaws, Jurassic Park, Saving Private Ryan, Catch Me If You Can, War of the Worlds... not only can the man work masterpieces, but on top of that, he's so incredibly versatile that he can do it with any genre.

Honestly, I think it's MUCH more of a cliche to say QT's someone's fav, because these days so many people latch onto him to seem edgier.

Not undoubtedly. Everyone has their own opinions, and I've heard a lot more complaints about Kill Bill than I have of Pulp Fiction. Besides the fact that it's probably overrated, what bad can you say about Pulp Fiction? It's the film that critics refer to the most when they talk about Tarantino, whenever he comes out with a new movie it's the film of his to which they most often compare. Four directors listed it on their Top 10 Films list for the Top 10 poll on the Sight and Sound magazine website (3 critics did also). It's also the only Tarantino film nominated for an Oscar for Best Picture (as far as I know).

:?

I retract my original statement. I didn't know that other people had opinions when I made it. Sorry for the slip-up.

Pulp Fiction is as close to a perfect film as can be made.

Meh, I like Reservoir Dogs and Kill Bill MUCH more than Pulp Fiction

Me too. Then again, I have seen them many more times than Pulp Fiction.

Pulp Fiction is a brilliant movie. There's nothing wrong with it and I'd give it 10/10. Kill Bill however, is two of those, plus a whole 'nother level of beauty, emotion and visceral art.

...so I'm the only one who the unevenness of Kill Bill hurt the enjoyability of it?

Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill
Deathproof
Jackie Brown

Last edited:
I normally watch both Kill Bill parts at the same time, and I saw them both at the same time so I just consider them one movie. I am waiting for the full release, which is supposedly soon...

For whom, Baxter, for whom.
I stand corrected
I normally watch both Kill Bill parts at the same time, and I saw them both at the same time so I just consider them one movie. I am waiting for the full release, which is supposedly soon...

I've got them both, so the only way I'd be down for buying it again is if its a reedit into a single film, not just played back to back.

And on an on-topic but not really relevant note Pulp Fiction is my sisters favorite movie. She stole my copy. :cry:

I'm pretty sure it is reeditered into a single movie. They remove the credits at the end of Vol. 1 and even the scene where Bill talks about the Bride having a daughter... other changes include the black and white fight being in full colour, the anime scene being a lot gorier and some other stuff I can't remember... I'm pretty sure the DVD comes out September 27? Is that when Death Proof would come out?

EDIT:

A special NC-17 rated edition of Kill Bill which will include Volume 1 and Volume 2 edited as one film ("Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair") will be released on 4 DVDs on November 6, 2007.[13]

Well, there you go.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it is reeditered into a single movie. They remove the credits at the end of Vol. 1 and even the scene where Bill talks about the Bride having a daughter... other changes include the black and white fight being in full colour, the anime scene being a lot gorier and some other stuff I can't remember... I'm pretty sure the DVD comes out September 27? Is that when Death Proof would come out?

EDIT:

A special NC-17 rated edition of Kill Bill which will include Volume 1 and Volume 2 edited as one film ("Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair") will be released on 4 DVDs on November 6, 2007.[13]

Well, there you go.

I think making the Black and White into a Color segment is a mistake. The black and white was beautiful and really made the fight something special. Plus it really let you see just how much carnage had happened when the switch back to color happened. It gave it more weight.

I do hope that full segments are juggled. The current 2 movie cut has MAJOR issues with its balance of storyline and action.

Yeah, I loved the black/white effect. Oh well. I have copied versions of the normal releases so I guess I'll be happy with both versions.

Tarantino's portion of Grindhouse, Death Proof, sucked harder than anything I've seen in awhile. He's talented, sure, but in that case it was like he wasn't even trying.

He's severly overrated in any case. Kill Bill was lame too...both parts. I just found it boring.

Latest posts

Back