The Quentin Tarantino Thread

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
I've put this thread off for quite a while now because I didn't know what to do with it... but here it is.

I love this guy. Every movie I've seen of his I've loved. This guy is insanely talented. I can't wait for Inglorious Bastards.

My favourite of his movies is either a) From Dusk till dawn or b) Kill Bill. I will say nearly every film of his I love.

My favourite of his movies is either a) From Dusk till dawn or b) Kill Bill. I will say nearly every film of his I love.

From Dusk Till Dawn was directed by Rodriguez, unless you're counting movies he's written.

Anyway, Pulp Fiction is, by far, his best movie, although I've enjoyed them all with the exception of Jackie Brown which I just found dull.

Beyond question, Kill Bill vol. 1 is my favorite Tarantino film.

I think I like Reservoir Dogs better than Pulp Fiction, though I haven't seen PF in recent years.

I've only seen Jackie Brown once.

Kill Bill is my favourite. Wakey, wakey, eggs and bakey.

I also like Reservoir Dogs more than Pulp Fiction.

It's funny, but the first time I saw Kill Bill vol 2, I absolutely hated it. It was because it was so different from vol 1, but I didn't get that until my second viewing of it. I eventually saw it four times in theaters, loving it the last three times.

As a whole, Kill Bill was really amazing. Probably my second favorite of his movies, followed by Resevoir Dogs, Death Proof and finally Jackie Brown.

Also, as for movies he's written, From Dusk Until Dawn and True Romance were both excellent, especially the latter. I highly suggest TR if you enjoyed PF and RD, as it forms a psuedo trilogy with them. It has one of the best scenes in cinema that's a conversation between Dennis Hopper and Christopher Walken. Absolutely brilliant.

Last edited:
Two things I hate about Quentin. First, whenever I see an interview with him I can't help but think, "Wow he's a huge dork." And that annoys me for some reason. Second, is him shooting his mouth off at projects he'll never get around to doing. People get hyped for things like and animated Kill Bill story but henever gets moving on it.

Can't deny the product though

There was a whole category of QT questions on tonight's World Series of Pop Culture, which is, I swear, the only good program on Vh1. That's right, I wouldn't even call BWE a good program anymore. I'm The Soup's ***** now.

I've put this thread off for quite a while now because I didn't know what to do with it... but here it is.

I love this guy. Every movie I've seen of his I've loved. This guy is insanely talented. I can't wait for Inglorious Bastards.
I could've sworn that Doom started a Tarantino thread after Grindhouse came out. Hmm.

I've seen all of the movies he's directed, except for Jackie Brown (Doesn't really look interesting to me). I can safely say that Kill Bill as a whole is my favorite.

Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs are certainly excellent, but something about Kill Bill just astonishes me. I'd compare it to reading an Alan Moore comic: Tarantino just has such a great grasp on his chosen artform and how to squeeze every last drop of entertainment and genius from it, even from the soundtrack.
Two things I hate about Quentin. First, whenever I see an interview with him I can't help but think, "Wow he's a huge dork."
I have to agree with you. I find it funny that Tarantino sounds exactly like every annoying fanboy you've ever met, but he just happens to that one in a million guy that actually knows what he's talking about. It's just kind of funny that a person like him can create such great movies. Imagine if Tarantino was a complete unknown and he walked into a movie exec's office and pitched them Kill Bill. He would just seem like some nerd who likes martial arts movies and westerns and thinks that qualifies him to make movies.

There was a whole category of QT questions on tonight's World Series of Pop Culture
And I got every one of them right, except for the True Romance one, since I haven't seen True Romance.

Oh, well that's fair, Mole-master. :roll:

Don't insult me!

and Moonmaster don't just sit there , thank him!

but back on topic for me , Resevoir Dogs was one of his few films I didn't like. However it is directed perfectly , everything about it is great and I would call it a great film , It's just not my type of film , I didn't like what it was about. But that's me

Last edited:
Two things I hate about Quentin. First, whenever I see an interview with him I can't help but think, "Wow he's a huge dork." And that annoys me for some reason.

I love that about him! He's the ultimate cool-geek! And he's one of my favourite people to watch be interviewed. Tarantino strikes me as somebody who "knows the score".... I'm not sure if you know what I mean, but... yeah.

I love that about him! He's the ultimate cool-geek!

I like it when people been interviewed seem geeks , E.g Like Tarantino or James Marsters from buffy. To me that means that if they had making something or doing something chances are we'll enjoy it.

Even more so with a director. Most directors give the same old tired "This is for the fans" speech but when they seem like a geek you think "wow this could be really as instead of assuming this what fans wants , they KNOW what fans like"

Also lets you think If i ever become that famous I hope i still keep my geekyness

Oh, well that's fair, Mole-master. :roll:
:cry: I'm so hurt.
I love that about him! He's the ultimate cool-geek! And he's one of my favourite people to watch be interviewed. Tarantino strikes me as somebody who "knows the score".... I'm not sure if you know what I mean, but... yeah.
I like it when people been interviewed seem geeks , E.g Like Tarantino or James Marsters from buffy. To me that means that if they had making something or doing something chances are we'll enjoy it.

Even more so with a director. Most directors give the same old tired "This is for the fans" speech but when they seem like a geek you think "wow this could be really as instead of assuming this what fans wants , they KNOW what fans like"

Also lets you think If i ever become that famous I hope i still keep my geekyness
Being a huge geek about the field you're working in is usually more of a disadvantage. Just because someone has seen thousands of movies and can rattle off random facts about any film ever released does not mean that they have any talent whatsoever. Everyone here - from the simple experience of posting on message boards - should know this to be true. If you don't have a good impression of it, just go to IMDB and see some of the ideas and fanscripts passed around.

Talent is talent, and some people who are massive, devoted fans of movies/comics/etc. will never be able to make anything of quality.

Like I said, Tarantino is one of the rare ones who can, and he uses that to extract what he loves about movies and distill them into incredibly entertaining films for hardcore fans and casual viewers alike. I know I compared him to Moore earlier, but he's actually more aptly compared to Morrison. Morrison has done in All-Star Superman and New X-Men what Tarantino does in his movies.

Last edited:
Being a huge geek about the field you're working in is usually more of a disadvantage. Just because someone has seen thousands of movies and can rattle off random facts about any film ever released does not mean that they have any talent whatsoever. Everyone here - from the simple experience of posting on message boards - should know this to be true. If you don't have a good impression of it, just go to IMDB and see some of the ideas and fanscripts passed around.

Talent is talent, and some people who are massive, devoted fans of movies/comics/etc. will never be able to make anything of quality.

Like I said, Tarantino is one of the rare ones who can, and he uses that to extract what he loves about movies and distill them into incredibly entertaining films for hardcore fans and casual viewers alike. I know I compared him to Moore earlier, but he's actually more aptly compared to Morrison. Morrison has done in All-Star Superman and New X-Men what Tarantino does in his movies.

Yeah that is true. I just always like to see it. I wish some directors of comic book movies were more comic books geeks it would be interesting to see I think.

Yeah that is true. I just always like to see it. I wish some directors of comic book movies were more comic books geeks it would be interesting to see I think.
Oh, I see what you mean. It can work negatively in the opposite sense. As much as you disliked Superman Returns, you'd be thanking Bryan Singer if you read the other ways that they tried to restart the series (It's very long but it's worth reading. Start suspending your disbelief because some of the stuff that they thought of is just too idiotic to even understand.).

Not to mention how Christopher Nolan - when asked if he would use The Penguin in a Batman sequel - laughed and called The Penguin ridiculous, saying that they could never translate him to the big screen in a serious way. This is contradicted by the fact that The Penguin has been portrayed in the comics as a very believable British crime boss for years now, and could be easily introduced as one of Gotham's newest organized crime baddies.

Latest posts

Back