The Red Hood Revealed

Patriot Mk2

The poster formerly known as Johnny Bravo
Ok I dont know what the policy on DC is over here but this HAD to be brought up:

What does everyone think about the return of Jason Todd,The Second Robin?

Personally,I'm in favour of the idea.Batman's greatest failure has come back to bite him in the *****.The idea was touched upon in "Hush",and we saw what happened then.Lets see it happen for real.Batman vs Robin.

Also,theres great potential for Nightwing and Red Hood interaction.How does **** talk to the kid who died doing HIS job?

And by rights he should have blown up the warehouse at the end of the issue.

Enjoy

Patriot said:
DAMN SWEAR FILTER

Think of the kiddies...

Can someone give a rundown of why Todd stopped being Robin?

UltimateE said:
Think of the kiddies...

Hehehe....

Jason Todd went to africa in a misguided attempt to hunt down the mother that had abandoned him. THe Joker followed, and proceeded to give Jason Todd and Mommy dearest the beating of thier lives with a crowbar. He then blew up the warehouse that held thier corpses.

I'm not sure how I feel about them reviving JT. My initial reaction was one of horror. The disgracing of one of comics most important moments to date, but as I've thought it over I've warmed slightly to the concept. If Winnick can do us something better than "Someone stole JT's corpse and plopped it in a Lazarus pit" I'll be alot more receptive. Especialy since the last of the known pitts were blown up in Gotham Knights a few years back.

Patriot: The policy of DC here seems to be mention at your own risk. Expect the thread to have its share of people wining about how they don't like DCs big gun characters, with a few posters actualy discussing the matter.

I know DC was planning the return of JT since Hush, that is why JT name's is so famous this last year. I though it was a good way to make Batman's failure bite him in the ***. Oh and Red Hood beating Joker with a crowbar? That was SO funny.
"Tell me... How does that feel?"

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
I know DC was planning the return of JT since Hush, that is why JT name's is so famous this last year. I though it was a good way to make Batman's failure bite him in the ***. Oh and Red Hood beating Joker with a crowbar? That was SO funny.
"Tell me... How does that feel?"
They did a big Jason Todd storyline in Gotham Knights a little bit ago too, with a social worker checking up on the Wayne File.

Baxter said:
Hehehe....

Jason Todd went to africa in a misguided attempt to hunt down the mother that had abandoned him. THe Joker followed, and proceeded to give Jason Todd and Mommy dearest the beating of thier lives with a crowbar. He then blew up the warehouse that held thier corpses.
My turn, my turn!

Jason Todd travels to Africa in search of his mother (one of three women he found the names on). Bruce Wayne also travels to the same location in search of the Joker. The Joker works together with Jasons mother and when Jason finds her he reveals his identity as Robin to her by showing her his Robin suit that he wears underneat his clothes. His mother (Sheila Haywood) is chocked bey the sight and tells him to follow her. She leads him right in the hands of the Joker. The Joker then beats the living crap out of him with a crowbar while Todds mothers just turns her back on the whole scene and lights a cigarette.
Meanwhile Batman is closing in on the camp where Todd and the Joker is and after the Joker is done his messy jobb, Sheila reminds him of that.
He thinks it over and decides that it's better to not leave any witnesses. He ties Shiela up and plants a timebomb in the same room where the tied up Sheila and the now bloddy mess Todd is.
Before the bomb has detonated, Todd rises up (bloddy and beaten up) and unties his mother and right after passes out. Shiela picks him up and leads him towards the door but the Joker has locked it and the bomb goes off before they can get it open.
Batman shows up and sees the camp explode screaming out "JASON!!!".
After the fire has gone out, Batman searches the leftover of the camp and first finds Sheila that is in a really bad shape and she dies in his arms.
After a little more searching he finally finds Jason but he is already dead and his body is even starting to get cold.
He picks up his former partner and walks away with a lowered head.

Given Gotham Knights#60 I half expect an exchange along the lines of:

Batman:Why are you the Red Hood?Modelling yourself on THE JOKER?
He killed you etc etc etc

Jason:Bandages got boring after a while

one step closer

UltimateE said:
Think of the kiddies...

I can tell you dont read DC....probably not even batman....Todd was killed by the joker....in the 80s jim starlin (yeah the same guy i respect, yet he killed captain marvel!! that damn good writer/death loving bastard)

readers got to call in and choose who lived....74 more people chose for Todd to die...winick was apparently upset by it and wanted to bring Todd back...

still wont get me or many others to read the book, cause DC's characters are all flash and no show....the big 3 are tools except in the batman/superman stories...but even then, thats not enough....they all have layers of crap that need to be modified...they lack substance...they arent even humans anymore, just people running around in costumes, people are said to read comics cause they have no lives....so the guys in the comics are supposed to have lives...
oh well, one step closer to leaving the funny books behind.....

Patriot said:
Given Gotham Knights#60 I half expect an exchange along the lines of:

Batman:Why are you the Red Hood?Modelling yourself on THE JOKER?
He killed you etc etc etc

Jason:Bandages got boring after a while

That'd be cool. But does Batman know that the Joker was the first Red Hood?

iceman said:
That'd be cool. But does Batman know that the Joker was the first Red Hood?

yes batman knew....but the whole deal was forgoten once the creators decided that the joker persona would roll on its own standing...so batman went on without ever mentioning the ordeal...that was until 2005...

oh. that's interesting. i'm not sure i like it. i liked the dramatic irony of the audience of the Killing Joke knowing more about the Joker than Batman did. I don't think he finds out about him in that book, where the whole Red Hood thing came from, I think. I think what made it so interesting was that Batman sympathized with him more than the audience does, despite the audience knowing why the Joker is the way he is. Batman laughs with him, I'd still snap his neck.

damn those stupid *###%^@*&^%$&^$&#&(($#@$%(&^%%$#!(^

I just was reading something on Infinte Crisis and Countdown on News-A-Rama and they were giving a low down on everything that pertains to the story. They didn't metion Jason being the Red Hood (even through I figured it was going to be him) because they didn't want to give it away yet. But then I stroll down to the next post and some dumb*** gives it away right there. I havn't had a chance to read it yet. I'm so pissed. This is as bad as when Wizard magazine ruined
*spoilers*from Astonishing X-men and Identity Crisis
Colossus coming back to life and Batman being mindwiped.
I should write an angry letter.

Well it finally happened:Bruce vs Jason. The entire arc(Under The Hood and Family Reunion) never seemed as epic as Jason's return should have been portrayed, until this issue this installment at least.

Winick didn't put a foot wrong. Executed perfectly, and I'm beginning to see how this ties into Crisis. Who will be the next Batman indeed?

Any thoughts?

Latest posts

Back