The Return of Bruce Wayne discussion (Spoilers!)

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
This probably deserves its own thread.

The World's Greatest Detective is facing his toughest mystery.

Lost in the timestream, believed to be dead by his friends and enemies alike, Bruce Wayne must use every bit of intelligence, every ounce of strength and training he's acquired over the years to find his way back to the city, and adopted family of vigilantes, he'd left behind.

Blasted by the mysterious and powerful Omega Effect in the pages of FINAL CRISIS during a deadly battle with the malevolent New God Darkseid, Bruce Wayne must battle back through the waves of time to reclaim what was his – his city, his life…his cowl?

Interview with Grant Morrison here.

I'm excited. Morrison writes a fantastic Batman. And Chris Sprouse and a bunch of top artists are drawing the mini? Even better. Apparently Frazer Irving is doing the second one (which makes sense considering he did the Klarion mini)... explains his absence from the Batman and Robin arc too.

April can't come soon enough!

Last edited:
Re: The Return of Bruce Wayne

33kgj1c.jpg

Mordecai Wayne is definitely witchhunter Bruce. :)

The list of artists are:

#1: Chris Sprouse
#2: Frazer Irving
#3: Yanick Paquette
#4: Cameron Stewart
#5: Ryan Sook
#6: Lee Garbett

tumblr_l2bxbyfPQ81qzla78o1_500.png

I thought #1 was great. Vandal Savage wanted to eat Batman's brain. Superman, Green Lantern, Booster Gold and Rip Hunter are looking for Batman through time because if he finds his own way back to the present day, everyone will die!

It was pretty awesome. I think it's interesting that he doesn't remember who he is.

Yeah, me too. It's a nice touch. He's barely able to speak and it just fits the situation really well.

I figured he wasn't able to understand was because they were cavemen, and well, he's not, and so doesn't speak there language.

Not even Batman can understand Cavemen speak.

This was a decent first issue, but still probably the weakest installment so far in the Morrison Batman mythos. It hardly even felt like it was written by our favorite Scotsman; none of his characteristic tropes or stylistic signatures were anywhere to be found in this issue. Just as exposition, this wasn't bad, per se, but it didn't really impress me.

Here's to hoping that the series picks up.

This book is just the bee's knees.

I really love the idea that the "Fifth World" comes about by retroactively having the symbols of Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman etched mythically upon the collective conscience from the dawn of man. I'm so glad Morrison has an opportunity to explore the idea in more depth. It really plays to the strength of the universe.

The "DC superheroes trying to stop Batman from reaching the present" plot annoys me. It's just one detail, but it's kind of a big one.

It's the fact that it's Booster Gold helping them with the time travel. Isn't the whole point of Booster these days is that not only he's a time traveler, but abosolutely no one can know about it?

Last edited:
The "DC superheroes trying to stop Batman from reaching the present" plot annoys me. It's just one detail, but it's kind of a big one.

It's the fact that it's Booster Gold helping them with the time travel. Isn't the whole point of Booster these days is that not only he's a time traveler, but abosolutely no one can know about it?

I haven't read Booster Gold since Geoff Johns left, but it seems that the Justice League is just using Rip Hunter's time machine, who is a well known time-traveler, and Booster is just along for the ride.

Latest posts

Back