The Return of Ultimate Symbiotes

What will happen with Ben Rielly and the sample?

• Total voters

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Created this thread for speculation on returns of these two horrible spidey-villains made pretty decent in the Ultimate Universe.

So Venom got away. Carnage was destroyed... or was he.

I don't know about Venom but I figured if anyone had any ideas about him, we could kill two birds with one stone in the thread and you could speculate about it here.

Anyway my zaney theory about Carnage. I was going through Vol. 11 and I got to the part where the fighting turns into a flashback sequence when Peter's explaining to Doctor Connor's. Now I don't like this idea as much as any of you do. I think it's extremely far fetch'd and is sort of like "why the hell would he do that". Here's what popped into my head. The fight didn't really go down like that and When Carnage took the life of those two cops he became more human and started to talk to Peter. Peter realizeing it was no longer a monster but a living being didn't bring himself to kill it and let it escape.... went back to Connors and fed him the story that we all witnessed.

The problem I see with it is Gwen. It had just killed Gwen whom Peter really cared about and just letting it go, "living being" or not, doesn't really fit his character in my opinion. Other than that, I wouldn't be averse to a variant of Carnage or Venom reappearing at any point though. Not at all.

He did indeedy. I just don't want the original back, it needs to be changed a little otherwise Peter will just go "Oh look. Your back. Fight fight fight. Your dead. Now where is that bastard connors?" and it will be a repeat story arc without the death. To come back, it needs a twist.

TheManWithoutFear said:
wasn't a carnage mixture it was peter's blood.

I thought it was Peter's Blood mixed with Connor's lizard doodies and the suit. Carnage samples. Thats just a vague recollection though

Caduceus said:
I thought it was Peter's Blood mixed with Connor's lizard doodies and the suit. Carnage samples. Thats just a vague recollection though

Thats what i thought too.

I think that the Carnage sample may just lead to an ultimized version of the Clone Saga or maybe a hugely simplified version. Ben Reilly, taking the Carnage samples, becomes the Scarlet Spider or someting. :? Not necessarily a fan of this idea.

I would mind it less if Reilly accidentally recreates Carnage or does something to the samples to make them come back (although a little different would be nice) and contacts Peter to help him clean up the mess.

Oh and Patriot, Nice avatar!

I'd be lying if I said that bringing back Carnage was a good idea. I don't think that he can last outside of the given storyline without another revamp, which I don't think Bendis is going to do. Who knows what he's going to do with Reilly, however, I do doubt that there's going to be another Carnage.

Venom... I'd like to see him again. I think that Bendis has a storyline to come with him. We haven't seen what Brock's been doing for all this time and, if he's up to no good as I'm sure he is, we can see what he was doing. Maybe he's trying to go after Reilly, who has the answers to all of his ailments. I don't know, but I DO know that Venom has a shot at lasting.

My feeling is that Carnage is written best when flown into outer space and ripped in half by Sentry. Until Sentry appears in the UU, I don't want any more Carnage. :wink:

UltimateE said:
My feeling is that Carnage is written best when flown into outer space and ripped in half by Sentry. Until Sentry appears in the UU, I don't want any more Carnage. :wink:
Oh thats just great! Now we won't see Carnage in Ultimate Spider-man again until atleast 2010. :lol:

That'w waht I was heading for in my fic... Reilly was going to mix a whole lot of samples together and make some sort of suit. Cletus was going to run, on the run from the police, the suit grabs him and Carnage is reborn again!

Latest posts

Back