The Sandman series discussion thread (Spoilers!)

Sandman Series Discussion *Spoilers*

I just finished the second arc "Doll Houses". This series kicks so much ***.

I love all the ideas in this. Death as always was fun and entertaining. I like the intertwining of Rose and her family. Like her grandmother being one of the people from the first arc. And the man that can't die. I am wondering where that is going. The Johnna Constatine cameo was great. The cereal collector convention was a brillant idea and very disturbing. Dream kicks ***. I recommend it. The whole idea behide this is brilliant and original.

A+

Last edited:
Re: Sandman Series Discussion *Spoilers*

Yeah, I picked up the first trade again, and still can't get into it.

I guess this isn't for me.

Re: Sandman Volume 1: Preludes and Nocturnes (Spoilers)

I've read this years ago, and now rereading it.

I don't remember it being this good...

My local library rules, it has all of these

I've downloaded all the sandman series and have only read this volume so far. It's wierd, but its fuggin awesome

I've downloaded all the sandman series and have only read this volume so far. It's wierd, but its fuggin awesome

But it's DC... and you don't even know who Gaiman is...

But it's DC... and you don't even know who Gaiman is...

Its VERTIGO!!!!!!!!!!!! Vertigo is an offshoot of DC that rebelled against it due to its crappiness and formed its own company.

I can believe anything i want

I just read Preludes and Nocturnes for the first time, which is kind of a big deal for me because I've been wanting to for a long time based on the hype/discussion/whatnot it has received.

I was disappointed. It did nothing for me.

It wasn't bad, and some parts were pretty good (the last couple of issues being better than the first few), but overall I just couldn't care about the story. And the art is completely wrong for the type of book it is. It should be darker and less mainstream-looking, if that makes sense.

I don't even have any exact criticisms of the whole thing...I just didn't care about it.

I suppose I should read the rest of it but at this point it would be a chore. Maybe later.

I feel the same way (as you can tell from my posts in this thread) - but it does get better. It just took me a lot of effort to get into.

The first arc is the worse one. He tried to write it more as horror but soon started making it more fantasy, which is it's strength. Project tried to get past the first volume many times, but once he did he loved the rest of it.

I like the first storyarc, but I concur that it is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like the rest of the series. Not even remotely.

Keep going. Vol. 2 is still pretty rooted in horror, but its more indicative of what's to come... Then Vol. 3 leaps into the rich mythology that powers the rest of the series.

Hmm. I'll give it a shot then.

I tried this. I got about 20 issues in I think, and I just could not get into it. I got up to the point where he has the meeting with his siblings and is provoked to go into Hell and whatnot and...meh. I didn't hate it but it's just so goth...it became a chore to read and I gave up.

Love it too. Bought the entire Ultimate Sandman collection. I think it's incredibly well written and clever. I love how Gaiman plays with mythology.
The storyarc dealing with the key to hell is my favorite arc.
And Ramadan is my favorite short.

Latest posts

Back