Avengers The Sentry's Fate

How will Bendis handle the Sentry in the New Avengers?

• Total voters
I think he'll still be part of Sentry, but will be more managable. I think it will still limit him though.

I'm with E on this one. Makes the most sense to me. Not that the others don't make sense or anything, but I just think he'll still be a part of Sentry. A seperation....I just don't think so...

I was just thinking about something. Reed sent Murdock to go see the Sentry and everyone is wondering why Reed didn't go himself. Who was one of the major Superheroes left out of The Sentry TPB? Daredevil wasn't in that group at Ellis Island. Maybe Reed was protecting himself and the rest of the world of bringing The Sentry back by sending someone who didn't remember who he was. I know there's a lot of holes in that theory but I'm trying to put it together right now.

Anyway do you think Reed's going to make an appearance somewhere and tell them how much trouble they're all in. No one in the past two issues if I remember correctly (i'm gonna read through them again) really acknowledged how powerful or who The Sentry really is. Right? (This will be edited after I read it again)

TheManWithoutFear said:
Maybe Reed was protecting himself and the rest of the world of bringing The Sentry back by sending someone who didn't remember who he was. I know there's a lot of holes in that theory but I'm trying to put it together right now.

They knew though. Foggy gave him the whole speech in the cell and mentioned how he's the most powerful superhero in the world...

UltimateE said:
They knew though. Foggy gave him the whole speech in the cell and mentioned how he's the most powerful superhero in the world...

The lawyers knew.
"Who is he" - Jessica Drews [A S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent, who works at the prison]

What did they know: "That's Robert Reynolds. He went by the name of the Sentry. He's according to Reed Richards, The most powerful Super Hero on the Planet Earth." - Matt Murdock [simply repeating what was told to him by Reed Richards]

Foggy knew just as much as Matt Murdock. It's not said they knew too much more about the Reynolds. All the other characters even up to issue #3 have no evidence of knowing who The Sentry is....

Think about it.... Murdock & Nelson got information on a client. Reed tries to stay away from him. No one else knows anything about him. The breakout was completely unexpected. The Void could've caused the breakout so The Sentry would have to come out of hiding (which is probably why he threw himself in jail to begin with) and show himself ultimately causeing the Void to gain strength again.

Goooooood point....hmmm....

The reason Murdock and Foggy knows is probably because Richards told them the whole story. The thing I'm interested in is how Richards knows because ***Spoilers from The Sentry*** in the end of the Sentry mini everybody forgot about him again, including Richards and most positive the Sentry himself forgot (he DO remember a commersal he did for chilli dogs as the Sentry so we don't really know for certain).

I think he's going to get seperated from The Sentry.

1. It's really the only way to revive the character without constantly plotting around his dark half.

2. It could be used to reduce the power level of the Void, as he'd be cut off from The Sentry's god level powers.

3. It would help create the New Avengers first real, recurring threat. Thier Ultron as it would be.

As for the breakout, I'm going ot say void there too. If he's got any level of rational thought when The Sentry is blanketed then he'd want people to remember him. The easiest way to do that is to put Reynolds into the worst situation possible and force him to expose himself as the ubermensche he really is. The only real question is who did Elektro brek out?

Just like in The Sentry TPB He didn't have all the details to The Sentry until the end. This is just the beginning of what's going to happen with all this. I expect an appearance by Richards explaining what is going to happen, leading up to the next arc, dealing with The Void.

Last edited:
Baxter said:
I think he's going to get seperated from The Sentry.

1. It's really the only way to revive the character without constantly plotting around his dark half.

2. It could be used to reduce the power level of the Void, as he'd be cut off from The Sentry's god level powers.

3. It would help create the New Avengers first real, recurring threat. Thier Ultron as it would be.

As for the breakout, I'm going ot say void there too. If he's got any level of rational thought when The Sentry is blanketed then he'd want people to remember him. The easiest way to do that is to put Reynolds into the worst situation possible and force him to expose himself as the ubermensche he really is.

Us, Daredevil fans, always think alike :twisted:

Baxter said:
The only real question is who did Elektro brek out?

Kingpin? I know, it makes no sense but he's the only guy I can think of that the Void has teamed up with that is in prison and rumors do suggest that Fisk was in there, too. I dismissed these rumors because Fisk isn't a "superpowered" villain. But same could be said for some of those other villains named.

Also if the Void = Tristram Silver; That could leave for a number of possibilities as suggested at the end of ID TPB because he has many villains working for him that we don't even know about.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Also if the Void = Tristram Silver; That could leave for a number of possibilities as suggested at the end of ID TPB because he has many villains working for him that we don't even know about.

Tristram Silver? Ohhh, Kyser Soze! Okay, I get ya.

I would've thought that the next arc, after the Sentry appears, would be New Avengers vs The Void. I hope not, as it's so obvious.

Bass said:
I would've thought that the next arc, after the Sentry appears, would be New Avengers vs The Void. I hope not, as it's so obvious.

Honestly, it seems to me that it depends on how much they New Avengers know about the Sentry. Have we considered the possibility that they won't get told everything? The Void might just be one of the things that gets slipped under the carpet.

Cad, did you read The Sentry TPB? There's no way The Void is getting slipped under the table. It could be one of the most interesting arcs ever written.

Ice and E, you two are the Sentry fans what do you think about the missing sidekick at this point?

I don't think much of it...Hulk was a better sidekick.

Besides, [minor Sentry spoiler] the kid is missing an arm - he probably isn't going to be much help[/spoiler].

Latest posts

Back