The Smoking Thread

Smoking is bad,it rots your lungs and can cause a few types of cancer.But if people want to smoke,and die..then fine.

in all fairness not everyone who smokes gets cancer. Yes it is a huge risk but Smoking calms me down beacuse i'll admit I have a temper problem (not as bad any more since .... I'm not going to bring that up) but it helps me calm down and feel good.

Chances are if I do get cancer this may be a bad thing to say but in today's world it'll be treated. Or it knocks off a few years at the end when I reach old age and have to go back in nappies/diapers

Now i understand if you don't want to smoke that's fine. I've said it before but (not you dude) people who don't smoke ***** about smokers not considering their feelings. It's a 2 way street here.

I respect people who don't smoke so I don't light up in restaurants or lifts or cinemas ect... but i swear some people complain if you are sat down smoking outside and actually come over to you to complain.

Governments ban it from streets. So what my little ciggy is worse for people outside that 100s of cars pumping out black disgusting smoke? it's b.s. Non-smokers want to us to respect them then respect us back and stop acting like smoking is the worst crime ever.

this may not make sense to a lot of people but that is my opinion. you want respect? give respect.

And Random, I didn't notice you were from PA too. Hi.
We should hang out and egg Baxter's house
Smoking is bad,it rots your lungs and can cause a few types of cancer.But if people want to smoke,and die..then fine.

Yeah my opinion is if someone gets cancer by smoking, I will have no sympathy what so ever for them. (this is viod for people who started before the warning on the box)

Thank God I live in Asia. We'll never ban smoking. I mean who else do you think rolls them? Our children, that's who!

:lol: that was classy, i love that. I shoulda got my dirty kids and got them to rol a few before I left that dump of a preschool. I feel so relieved and tens times smarter now. me feel dum no mo

I hate smoking; I've never smoked before and I never will.

But for my play that I'm in (April 26th, 27th, 28th! PM me if you're in Boston/interested!) I get to smoke a fake cigarette, and it's awesome. It makes absolutely no sense though. You blow INTO it, and that's when the smoke (actually baby powder) blows out. Whatever, it's going to look convincing in the end.

Except for the fact that in real life you exhale smoke from your mouth, you don't blow it through the cigarette.

A REAL actor would smoke a REAL cigarette.

Come on, show some balls and get into the Method style, yo!

I smoked a piece of paper once, as a joke, while someone was taking a picture. That's the extent of it. When I was younger, it REALLY pissed me off every time I saw my parents smoking (they did a lot more of it back then) and I used to do all sorts of crazy things like chop up their cigarettes and put them in the freezer, etc. None of that stuff ever got through to them so when I was about 9 or 10 I just gave up trying to convince them.

Funnily enough, they don't really smoke all that often nowadays. Usually only at night, and never when my brothers or I'm around.

I don't smoke, but I'm cool with people who do. It's their decision and nothing I say or do is going to make them stop. The only person who can do that is them.

On the darker side of things, I do have a nagging curiousity about what smoking's like, I do think it can look ridiculously cool when the right person is doing it (namely James Dean, Sean Connery, Joaquin Phoenix and my best friend Tom) and I think that all it would take is a really strong drink to kick me into the nicotine habit.

A REAL actor would smoke a REAL cigarette.

Come on, show some balls and get into the Method style, yo!

James Franco went from being a non-smoker to smoking two-packs a day when he was doing the James Dean biopic. Apparently he's quit since, but looking at his teeth in Spider-Man 3, I have my doubts. He's another guy that makes smoking look ****-cool.

I'm really into acting and hope to get into professional work as I get older and to be honest, if a part required me to smoke, I could care less. I'd get out the lighter and the Reds and have a good time doing it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back