The Smoking Thread

And that's the thing right there. They know how easy it is to influence little kids. So hey, why not start them early right? :?
But it's not like they're made by the tobacco companies...

But it's not like they're made by the tobacco companies...
Maybe they're not.

But it's not unlikely for them to do so. Almost everything you can buy in a supermarket these days supports Philip Morris including coffee, Jell-O, Kool-Aid, Kraft cheese products, Miracle whip, biscuits, Oscar Mayer meat products, Tang and Toblerone chocolate.

*lights a cigarette*

The problem isn't smoking in smoking areas, its when people don't stay there, or when they decide that anywhere and everywhere is a smoking area. Your right to smoke is just as equal as non-smoker's rights to not have something they find disgusting blown into their face, or to be exposed to something that is generally agreed to be harmful. Should you be able to smoke? Of course, smoke as much as you like. Should everyone else have to put up with it? No. Saying that your right to smoke wherever you feel like it is more important than the rights of non-smokers to not smoke or be exposed to smoke whatever their reasons, is perhaps, a good way to invalidate your argument.

So rather than addressing the simplest and most prevalent one, we should...what, precisely? There are plenty of environmental problems. Hell, if you use a refrigerator, or aerosol cans, you're causing environmental problems. There's sort of a difference between equating a globalised problem with a globally occuring local one.

there are stupid people in every culture, when i light up, i stay in smoke areas. but my statement was made more for those that GO into smoke area and expect people to move and go smoke else where.

This is ridiculous. Are you seriously suggesting that public places are smoke filled by default and if we don't like that we shouldn't hang out in public places?

Public spaces are owned by the public, and should remain that way. Nobody should be excluded because they want to breathe clean air. Secondhand smoke is a classic example of an externality, and all PlanetMan is suggesting is making people accountable for their actions.

And to answer your "three options," I chose to fight. And smoking inside in Colorado is now illegal, thanks to that choice.

Any questions?

you took an option and you stuck with it. what is defined as 'clean air'?

It bugs me when you go out of your way to smoke where you think no one will complain and then someone does.

I don't know about usa but the government in the uk is retarded when it comes to cigarettes. They go out of their way to try and ban smoking e.g trying to (don't know if it's come in to effect yet) Ban smoking on the streets.

Restaurants , shops , taxis ect... I can understand that as it is indoors but outside? Yeah me having one little cigarette is going do more harm to people's lungs than say a great big double decker bus that gives off thick black carbon dioxide

That point aside they say no smoking here no smoking there. even got so far did you know by law know if you have a guest in your house you have to ask permission to smoke?

It makes people quit , The rise in tax for them because less people are buying them makes more quit and who suffers? Everyone smokers or non-smokers why? because like it or not a huge part of the Economy is made up off the tax on cigarettes and alcohol

So the more people they make quit smoking or drinking the more they haave to increase tax on other stuff. It makes a bad way of living and everything cost more.

So by people who don't smoke causing trouble for smokers they are just cutting off their nose to spite their face. That's all I'm going to say

I'm thinking of taking up smoking again just to smoke in inappropriate places and blow smoke at people. And then when someone complains---I just turn them and say "Look you piece of dickcheese crumb----say another word and I'll put this out in your eye!"

I'm thinking of taking up smoking again just to smoke in inappropriate places and blow smoke at people. And then when someone complains---I just turn them and say "Look you piece of dickcheese crumb----say another word and I'll put this out in your eye!"
Wear an eye patch! Wear an eye patch!

And then go to the bank. When someone tells you to put it out, go, "I will, as soon as you tell me how to spell 'I have a .44 Magnum. Give me all your money'."

Last edited:
FURY STYLE!

I really just wanna do it because I've been reveling in my ******* status. Once people know you are one and accept it---you can get away with almost anything.

It's true. Executive power, *****es.

I'm thinking of smoking again, but just for Valentine's Day.

Your personal comparison to Dr. Cox on Scrubs is making more and more sense.

Your personal comparison to Dr. Cox on Scrubs is making more and more sense.

Trust me.....its spot on.

It literally physically pains me to wake and get ready to come to work. Just the thought of coming to work makes my body stiff and sore.

I've actually even started calling a co-worker I work with random girl names.

Trust me.....its spot on.

It literally physically pains me to wake and get ready to come to work. Just the thought of coming to work makes my body stiff and sore.

I've actually even started calling a co-worker I work with random girl names.
So why don't you get out of the military?

Also, I thought the military was very strict about tolerating that kind of behavior. Do you get a lot of flak from your superiors because of it?

there are stupid people in every culture, when i light up, i stay in smoke areas. but my statement was made more for those that GO into smoke area and expect people to move and go smoke else where.

Now, I don't smoke, but I was at a truck stop restaurant with my friend once and he's smoking a cigar. The whole place is pretty much empty, it's like 1am or something. A guy comes and sits right behind us. He could have sat anywhere, he chooses that seat. Then he asks my friend to put out his cigar because he doesn't like the smell. WTF? My friend did it without complaint (for some reason) but even I, militant anti-smoker, was pissed.

So, I finally caved and bought a pack of Camel No. 9's, only to find out later that they're girl-cigarettes.

I'm never smoking another cigarette again.

:lol:

Go for some Lucky Strikes. That'll make a man out of you.

;) pffffft, I used to smoke Parliaments like a regular cowboy cokehead. :D I don't need to prove my manliness. It just shames me to know I bought girl-cigarettes.

Last edited:
;) pffffft, I used to smoke Parliaments like a regular cowboy cokehead. :D I don't need to prove my manliness. It just shames me to know I bought girl-cigarettes.
It is shameful, but I'll look past it. And hell, in a few weeks we can even be seen in public together again. People have short memory spans.

Latest posts

Back