The Smoking Thread

Dr.Strangefate

He Sees You When You're Sleeping. He Knows When Yo
Who else here smokes tobacco products and the like...

Favorite Brand, least favorite band, funny smoking story, how did you get started, have you tried/succeeded to quit, what worked for you and what didn't... Etc.

This isn't a pot smoking thread. I think we had one of those a while back... We're talking the legal kind.

Also: While anyone is welcome to share their thoughts on smoking, like many things in life, smoking is a personal choice that people actively make, and you should respect a person's right to make that decision. If that person is close to you and you feel its a bad decision, you should feel free to speak your mind to them, especially if its affecting your relationship with said person. But on a forum of public discourse, lets try to keep our tempers underneath the surface.

Me? I smoke filtered American Spirits like John Cusack and David Carridine.

For the Children:
If You Smoke Tobacco Products, You Might Die of some Lung Related illness, but at least you'll look Damn Sexy doing it.

Ultimate Central does not condone minors smoking, so at least put on a fake moustache before joining this conversation.

Last edited:
I don't smoke, but everyone else in immediate family does, my extended family included, I have 6 family members who still smoke. They're the kind of people who talk about quiting but never do. My parents have both smoked for 40+ years. I'm thinking about burying my father in a Camel brand casket.

At one point, everyone of my grandparents, uncles, and aunts has smoked cigarettes. Everyone else in my extended family that has quit has pretty much just stopped cold turkey, with the exception of my uncle who used hypnosis.

Pretty much my only smoking story was when I was a little kid and my grandmother put a cigarette out on my eye. I was walking up to her side and just as she was putting her cigarette to her side... They put a dye in my eye that turns burned tissue yellow. My whole cornea turned bright yellow. They weren't quite sure I would ever be able to see normally out of that eye. It turns out my eyes are indestructible. I have twenty-twenty vision to this day.

As for my feelings on smoking... Thank You For Smoking says it all very nicely.

Last edited:
Pretty much my only smoking story was when I was a little kid and my grandmother put a cigarette out on my eye. I was walking up to her side and just as she was putting her cigarette to her side... They put a dye in my eye that turns burned tissue yellow. My whole cornea turned bright yellow. They weren't quite sure I would ever be able to see normally out of that eye. It turns out my eyes are indestructible. I have twenty-twenty vision to this day.
Dude. Don't piss off the nanna. Ouch.

I started out smoking Newports because all the cool black kids were doing it. :lol:

But then I fell in love with unfiltered Nat Shermans. I was about 15 and in California for a funeral. My grandma found out I was smoking and asked if I wanted my dead grandfather's old cigarettes. I said sure. Smoked 'em...loved 'em.

Then I moved onto cigars. Then I realised how much I was spending on cigars and quit smoking after 7 years cold turkey. I just decided that I wasn't gonna buy anymore and that was that.

**I realize how weird it might sound for my grandma to offer her 15 year old grandson her late husband's old cigarettees.......but trust me. There is a level of hardassness in my family that stupifies outsiders.

my friend gave me a cigar to smoke once, so id did cause it figured it would be ****in cool and you know what? it ****in was. but thats the beginning and end of my smoking adventure. all in a day

I started smoking at 18 and for a while smoked a pack a day. I also have asthma and back then i didn't take care of it as i do now. I smoked a pack during a party one night and woke up the next morning unable to breath. My friend drove me to the E.R. and I passed out about ten minutes later. I was put on a resporator and spent 7 days in the ICU. Apparently I was minutes away from my brain dying from lack of oxygen. Good times let me tell you.

Yes I still smoke, not as much as I used to but not enought to really affect my asthma. I smoke Camel Lights and occasionally Malboro Mediums.

I smoke cowboy killers.
Same here. I quit for a year and a half, but I went back. After all who could resist this?
smokes.jpg

I :heart: U Reds.

Last edited:
Real men don't smoke filtered. 8)

I hope everyone in this thread who smokes has seen "Thank You For Smoking" (props to Max because he mentioned it first).

Sums up my belief in smoking completely. Although I feel for Sam Elliot's character as the original Marlboro Man.

Last edited:
I hope everyone in this thread who smokes has seen "Thank You For Smoking" (props to Max because he mentioned it first).

Sums up my belief in smoking completely. Although I feel for Sam Elliot's character as the original Marlboro Man.

If this movie hasn't been mentioned in the "Movies you must see" thread it needs to be.

I love TYFS hardcore...

But yeah, I think the movie did a great job at showing that even though Big Tobacco sucks, and even though people who want all-around smoking bans are just as sucky, they have little to do with the individuals who do, in fact, smoke.

Hibiki said:
I smoke cowboy killers.

http://topatoco.com/cowboys.htm

Heh.

the hard part isn't smoking, its after you quit, cuz every second you have that feeling of 'i should be doing something right now' or 'one last smoke to get rid of the craving and then im done'....

i started smoking six months ago, for the simplest of reasons....a girl i was seeing for a minute was a smoker, and i picked up the habit. i started on Kools, went Benson and Hedges, then to Newports and now im back to Kool Milds.

i've quite a total of 4 times, each time for a week a pop. and i always come back cuz of something or another.

And i've tried reds, those are just nasty. I don't know how you people smoke them, but i'll stick to my menthol.

Latest posts

Back