Spider-Man The state of 616 Spider-Man (Spoilers)

comic_geek21

Well-Known Member
I had to make this thread after finding this article online.

This is a review by someone who share's my opinion's on J.M.S. and the universally hated 'The Other: Evolve or Die' storyline, which dumped 616 Spidey into a vat of crap from which he may never crawl out of.

I could go on about this for hours, but I'll let this article do it for me. The author has some good insight, so read it and comment on how you feel about it.

http://www.yourmomsbasement.com/archives/2006/02/i_hate_bone_cla.html#more
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
I don't like The Other at all, either, but that doesnt make me hate Spider-Man.
 

the watcher

Well-Known Member
icemastertron said:
I don't like The Other at all, either, but that doesnt make me hate Spider-Man.

Ya, we all know how you like spidey. Well dressing up as spidey anyways.

Spidey_Drunk_1.jpg
 

roguefan

Well-Known Member
Well, at least we know he doesn't do his research. Wolverine got his claws as a mutation - his adamantium skeleton he recieved through Weapon X.
 

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
I read the Other storyline and I'm glad to say that my wrists are fully recovered and you can't even see the scars.

But it still didn't make me hate Spiderman. I'd like to....but I can't. Granted--I haven't read any of the previous Spiderman issuses before Others, so I can't tell which book is good and which one I should pass, but I'm gonna try and keep with Sensational Spiderman since it's kinda starting fresh.

And I'll even go ahead and say it........I like the new look.

ironspidey2pi.jpg


The metal arms arm kinda weird looking....but I'm really hoping they have some sort of decent functionality.
 

Doc Comic

Well-Known Member
If they had to give him those metal arms, they should have given him four. Three are just stupid looking and not spider-like.
 

Ultimates

Well-Known Member
since i never read the other, could someone PLEASE explain as to why he needed a new costume??? and why from Iron Man?
 

Patriot Mk2

The poster formerly known as Johnny Bravo
roguefan said:
Well, at least we know he doesn't do his research. Wolverine got his claws as a mutation - his adamantium skeleton he recieved through Weapon X.

Nope the articles perfectly accurate. The bone claws were retconned into continuity when Magneto tore out Wolverines adamantium during the Fatal Attractions crossover, I think the issue was X-Men#25. The claws were originally just a Weapon X byproduct and the bone claws were largely ignored after he received his adamantium back, either from Genesis or Apocalypse-I can't remember which succeeded and which failed.

So, in summary, you're wrong.

Ultimates said:
since i never read the other, could someone PLEASE explain as to why he needed a new costume??? and why from Iron Man?

He didn't. Theres nothing to be explained.
 
Last edited:

Bass

Nexus of the World
The terminal illness also doesn't need explaining.

The article is pretty good actually.

spidey1.jpg


I don't know about you, but I think Spidey's reaction here should be...

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Because if this happened to you, you'd think the bones in your forearms have just broken and pierced your skin and are about to fall onto the floor, leaving you armless.

You wouldn't go, "Oh, I remember now. In a dream I had stingers."

You'd **** your pants.

And then, you'd have a reason to get a new costume.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Doc Comic said:
If they had to give him those metal arms, they should have given him four. Three are just stupid looking and not spider-like.
According to Joe Q. (as close to his exact words as possible), "We didn't want him to look like Doc Ock.". I think he also named some other characters he didnt want Spidey to look like.
 

Random

Didn't **** any of those *****es
I didn't agree with alot of what he said, Yeah organic webs and stringers are really stupid, but the Wolverine's bone claws does make sense, more sense than artificial.
Now I don't know for sure, but I don't think they ever said with a certainty that there was a mechanical device that controls his claws. A mutation is a better explanation, which would explain how the claws can fit in his arm and new muscles that can control them. And who says the coating of adamantium was so thick, I also recalled hearing that the metal bonded with his bones on a molecular level. But I could be wrong on that. Also bone claws allowed the opportunity for Logan to go soul searching not being able to rely on the adamantium, while giving the audience the sweet, sweet snikt action we so love.
And I also hated his comment on Peter realising that he makes jokes to cover his own insecurity. I know of some many thing that I do like that, but continue to do it. Like I know, for certain, how I always screw things up with my relations with the opposite sex, but I continue to do so. You would think that after all this time he wouldn't realize it and ask why?
But I really do think they're ****ing up Spidey, Spider totem, organinc webings, stringer, ANY king of power upgrade that lasts for more thann one ark is an absolutely horrible idea and I can't imagnine how stupid these guys are to allow it.
 

Jaggyd

The member formerly known as skotti-chan
Okay, I gotta ask, why is Spidey getting new more spiderlike powers bad, especially, organic webbing/spinnerettes? No offence, but seriously, I find the mechanical web shooters LESS believable. Though I agree, the claw/spike/thigies aren't that cool, I mean honestly, I've yet to find a spider with them in nature.


It also kills me that people are hating the Iron Spider costume, but love the Scarlet Spider costume, c'mon guys, you can't tell me that the Iron Spider isn't similar in design than a sweatshirtless Scarlet Spider.
 

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
Bass said:
The terminal illness also doesn't need explaining.

The article is pretty good actually.

spidey1.jpg


I don't know about you, but I think Spidey's reaction here should be...

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Because if this happened to you, you'd think the bones in your forearms have just broken and pierced your skin and are about to fall onto the floor, leaving you armless.

You wouldn't go, "Oh, I remember now. In a dream I had stingers."

You'd **** your pants.

And then, you'd have a reason to get a new costume.
That isn't how I'd react. I'd be all like "Sweet" and then I'd stab a homeless guy in the face to test them out. Cuz thats how I roll.
 

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
moonmaster said:
That isn't how I'd react. I'd be all like "Sweet" and then I'd stab a homeless guy in the face to test them out. Cuz thats how I roll.
The "Moonmaster Madness", yo. "Moonmaster Madness".
 

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
moonmaster said:
That isn't how I'd react. I'd be all like "Sweet" and then I'd stab a homeless guy in the face to test them out. Cuz thats how I roll.

I would try to masterbate with them,
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top