• I am against the strike

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • I am still on the fence

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I could not care less

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
Re: The strike is on

When you buy things off of iTunes or Amazon's UnBox, the writers don't get jack ****. That was the core idea of this entire fight.

You mean they aren't getting paid more when people buy their work in a new format.

DSF is saying they aren't getting paid at all. they don't want more, they want their fair share.

Since you all just won't let this story die I have been forced to weigh in. Prepare to have your minds blown.

I support... (Drum roll please)

Everyone.

I support the writers who want more money and are using the only real edge that they have to get it. So what if they signed an agreement. Renegotiations happen all the time. Ask Lance Briggs. The fact is that they do deserve more money and they aren't asking for a whole lot. This strike is the only option left to them and they have the power to get what they want because this will hurt Hollywood big time.

I support the studios for trying to make as much money as they can, even if it means screwing over the writers. They have a good deal going and they had no reason prior to this strike to give the writers an extra penny. Like it or not exploiting workers is as American as apple pie and lyposuction. We'll see if they can find a way to make profits around this strike. If so good for them.

I support the fans who are complaining. They have every right to be ticked if their entertainment is being curbed by a silly monetary agreement between a bunch of very wealthy people.

I support the fans who are siding with the writers and applaud them for being able to put reason and sympathy above their own entertainment. Bravo.

This is democracy in action folks.

Last edited:

Since you all just won't let this story die I have been forced to weigh in. Prepare to have your minds blown.

Everyone.

I support the writers who want more money and are using the only real edge that they have to get it. So what if they signed an agreement. Renegotiations happen all the time. Ask Lance Briggs. The fact is that they do deserve more money and they aren't asking for a whole lot. This strike is the only option left to them and they have the power to get what they want because this will hurt Hollywood big time.

I support the studios for trying to make as much money as they can, even if it means screwing over the writers. They have a good deal going and they had no reason prior to this strike to give the writers an extra penny. Like it or not exploiting workers is as American as apple pie and lyposuction. We'll see if they can find a way to make profits around this strike. If so good for them.

I support the fans who are complaining. They have every right to be ticked if their entertainment is being curbed by a silly monetary agreement between a bunch of very wealthy people.

I support the fans who are siding with the writers and applaud them for being able to put reason and sympathy above their own entertainment. Bravo.

This is democracy in action folks.

You just want everbody to love you, don't you?

Everybody Loves McCheese...

coward.

Last edited:

No, he's saying they don't get royalities for their work when it is soldin other format. E is right

so they don't get paid ANYTHING in royalties correct? which is what i thought dsf was saying.

E was saying they don't get paid more when, in fact, they don't get paid at all.

Last edited:

No, he's saying they don't get royalities for their work when it is soldin other format. E is right

so they don't get paid ANYTHING in royalties in other foramts correct? which is what i thought dsf was saying b/c iTunes sounds like a new format.

Everyone.

You should run for congress.

so they don't get paid ANYTHING in royalties correct? which is what i thought dsf was saying.

E was saying they don't get paid more when, in fact, they don't get paid at all.

I'm saying they get paid for their work. They turn in a script, they get money. They aren't working for free. Now they want more because they think they deserve it because the work is being sold in different formats.

You should run for congress.

I'm saying they get paid for their work. They turn in a script, they get money. They aren't working for free. Now they want more because they think they deserve it because the work is being sold in different formats.

well, to be fair, it's their work. it was their creation and imo deserve a slice of the pie.But what you were saying is that they want more money on top of what they get paid alongside the scripts they make and that is where i was confused. i thought you were saying they had a cut of the formats and wanted a bigger portion than they were already getting. i sthis getting confusing cuz i don't want to rack anyone else's brain when mine feels that way. and why all of a sudden does this page look double spaced while im tuping.

Your creation, but you sold them the rights to publish your creation anyway they see fit.

Unless you have royality to that piece of work. If you have roylaities, then they are entitled to pay you money everytime your work is sold. As it stands, the companies are buying the writer's work, they don't get a royality clause when it is sold, and the company gets all the money from it.

Your creation, but you sold them the rights to publish your creation anyway they see fit.

Unless you have royality to that piece of work. If you have roylaities, then they are entitled to pay you money everytime your work is sold. As it stands, the companies are buying the writer's work, they don't get a royality clause when it is sold, and the company gets all the money from it.

tell more?

Writers have royalties from video cassettes, but not from new medias like the internet, they just want to extend it to those. That's all.

well that much i knew i was just interested in what houde was saying about the a companies' owning aspects.

Latest posts

Back