• I am against the strike

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • I am still on the fence

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I could not care less

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
Re: The strike is on

I think most shows will last until December, but that's it. Then, there will be a mad dash to end the strike.

Well, a lot of shows have already recorded episodes for the later part of the seasons. Most shows dont shoot season/series finale until around January, so they'll still have some episodes to show after that time.

But this makes me wonder if FOX planned this ahead of time for Prison Break now. I think they did.

Last edited:

I really only watch Heroes right now, and since they basically wrapping up Volume 2 anyway, it doesn't effect me all that much. In the spring, I watch Battlestar and was considering catching up on LOST, but I don't know how the strike is going to affect those two shows.

TV is, luckily, the least important medium of entertainment for me. Movies, Games (Both Video and Pen and Paper), Comics and Novels are all ahead on my give-a-****-o-meter, so yeah.

It'll suck to see Heroes end so early, and it'll suck if it effects Battlestar and LOST, but I'm not too worried about.

As for next years movies. . .the only ones I really cared to see anyway were Indiana Jones, Batman, Iron Man, Prince Caspian and Bond 22, which all, except possibly the later, are already in-production or post-production anyway.

Actually I recall hearing that Lost and 24 are one of the few shows that won't be effected. Because they already have a done of scripts finish and the seasons doen't even start until next year

Actually I recall hearing that Lost and 24 are one of the few shows that won't be effected. Because they already have a done of scripts finish and the seasons doen't even start until next year

I dunno. BKV's interview and Ice's list both seem to infer that LOST is indeed affected. 24, though, I have no idea. But, I've heard Season 7 has been in a kind of development hell anyway, with massive rewrites and such.

How I Met Your Mother.

Comedy show on CBS.

Never heard of it. Apparently, it rocks.

Here! It's $30! It's all I can get you now, so make it last. If you hurry you can still make the 5:45 rail out of the country. I'll tell them you were killed. They'll never know the truth. Don't look back, Bass. I love you.

casablanca02.jpg

I dunno. BKV's interview and Ice's list both seem to infer that LOST is indeed affected. 24, though, I have no idea. But, I've heard Season 7 has been in a kind of development hell anyway, with massive rewrites and such.

From all appearances, Lost may have the best advantage of all series, given that it has been stockpiling new scripts since June and not a single episode has yet aired. At this point, 14 of 16 episodes have been written. And if the strike does last long enough to really affect other series, Lost could very well be the only quality scripted dramas on television in February (along with perhaps 24, though it's far more behind in its scripts due to a major overhaul of location and storyline).

Source: E!Online

Okay... People are being so ****ing selfish about it, and that is pissing me off to no end. Writing TV and Movies is a career, people are trying to make a living out of it, and the studios have been ****ting on them for way too long.

I fully 100% support this. It needed to happen, and its been a long time coming.

Plus, maybe we'll get Heinberg to finish that next run of Young Avengers comics.

From all appearances, Lost may have the best advantage of all series, given that it has been stockpiling new scripts since June and not a single episode has yet aired. At this point, 14 of 16 episodes have been written. And if the strike does last long enough to really affect other series, Lost could very well be the only quality scripted dramas on television in February (along with perhaps 24, though it's far more behind in its scripts due to a major overhaul of location and storyline).

Source: E!Online

Thanks for the source, man. Well, that's good news, at least. Still, it sucks for everything else.

Okay... People are being so ****ing selfish about it, and that is pissing me off to no end. Writing TV and Movies is a career, people are trying to make a living out of it, and the studios have been ****ting on them for way too long.

I fully 100% support this. It needed to happen, and its been a long time coming.

Plus, maybe we'll get Heinberg to finish that next run of Young Avengers comics.

Oh, I'm not pissed at the writers. I think they're in the right.

It's the producers' fault. And that's who I'm blaming. A bunch of money grubbing bastards is what they are.

I disagree with the strike , Not because it effects me but as I've mentioned before on other strikes I believe if your getting paid to do a job you just do it. At the end of the of the day you knew what you were getting in for before you took it and if not boo ****ing hoo.

Sorry if this annoys anyone but my god people who strike piss me off.

I disagree with the strike , Not because it effects me but as I've mentioned before on other strikes I believe if your getting paid to do a job you just do it. At the end of the of the day you knew what you were getting in for before you took it and if not boo ****ing hoo.

Sorry if this annoys anyone but my god people who strike piss me off.

Actually the purpose of the strike is because writers should be getting benefits from new medias (dvds, internet, etc.) Like they do videos, The industry has taken advantage of the new wave of media. It's not a "we want more money" Its a "Define this as it should be and stop screwing us over."

Actually the purpose of the strike is because writers should be getting benefits from new medias (dvds, internet, etc.) Like they do videos, The industry has taken advantage of the new wave of media. It's not a "we want more money" Its a "Define this as it should be and stop screwing us over."

Still the same **** to me no offence. Imagine if all the doctors and police pulled this crap "Oh well now days there are new drugs and more terrorist attacks and more crime , we are going to strike till we get something out of it" It's stupid.

Like I said sorry if this offends anyone I have NO respect for any one that strikes instead of just doing their jobs. They shouldn't get the benefits of anything other that which they agreed.

If someone breaks that agreement it would be against the law so don't ***** and moan because your not getting something you never agreed on in the first place.

I know people will disagree thats cool this just my opinion

Latest posts

Back