Spider-Man The Superior Spider-Man (Slott/Stegman/Delgado) SPOILERS

So the reveal that
Pete's consciousness has just been hiding in Spock's head since the time he tried to erase him
strikes me as a pretty cheap verve. This whole issue actually struck me as a bit weak, and that's coming from someone who likes SSM.

I'm wondering if Slott was pressured into wrapping up this arc earlier than he intended.

So the reveal that
Pete's consciousness has just been hiding in Spock's head since the time he tried to erase him
strikes me as a pretty cheap verve. This whole issue actually struck me as a bit weak, and that's coming from someone who likes SSM.

I'm wondering if Slott was pressured into wrapping up this arc earlier than he intended.

No, Doc Ock was successful at wiping Peter's personality from his brain, but then he accessed Peter's memories to figure out who Spider-Man 2099 was and Peter re-emerged. Slott subtly set that up months ago.

I can't get the image to post for some reason, but here's a link

Last edited:
No, Doc Ock was successful at wiping Peter's personality from his brain, but then he accessed Peter's memories to figure out who Spider-Man 2099 was and Peter re-emerged.

Cheap and stupid.

I'm going to go on record now and predict that Goblin King/Green Goblin is actually Gabriel Stacy.

EDIT: full disclosure... I actually think it's Normie from the future (or the son of Harry and Lilly/Menace) based on his reaction to Hobgoblin's crack about Harry being a disappointment. But since that seems like a stretch, I'm going with the only goblin that hasn't been mentioned or recruited.

EDIT AGAIN: then again... Doc Ock overwrote his personality onto Peter's mind and has been living Peter/Spidey's life for the past year. So maybe far-fetched shouldn't be a concern.

Last edited:
So I'm actually really enjoying this. I love Goblin stuff and this is the ultimate. I kind of hope it IS Norman underneath the mask, but I really doubt that it is at this point. Also, MJ is awesome. I'm actually really concerned about what's going to happen to Peter's mind. That part in particular has the potential to frustrate me with its outcome, but I'll just enjoy it for now.

I'm guessing we're going to get a recreation of Gwen's death with Anna Maria...

Last edited:
I'm actually really concerned about what's going to happen to Peter's mind. That part in particular has the potential to frustrate me with its outcome, but I'll just enjoy it for now.

I haven't paid much attention to what people are saying about this...is it expected that he will have lost many or most of his memories?

I'm kind of amused at the amount of mid-wiping that has happened in Spider-Man books the last few years.

I haven't paid much attention to what people are saying about this...is it expected that he will have lost many or most of his memories? I'm kind of amused at the amount of mid-wiping that has happened in Spider-Man books the last few years.
Yeah, it was in the solicitation.

I haven't paid much attention to what people are saying about this...is it expected that he will have lost many or most of his memories?

I'm kind of amused at the amount of mid-wiping that has happened in Spider-Man books the last few years.

He's only got 21 of his most defining memories left. And he went into Doc Ock's memories to try to hide and not get noticed and he's sort of become diluted and is having trouble remembering that he's not Ock.

I suspect you're going to get that Pete/MJ reunion a the end of SSM, cap.

My bets are she's the first face Pete sees when he regains control of his mind, and she nurses him back to health, filling in the blank spots in his memory.

Last edited:
I suspect you're going to get that Pete/MJ reunion a the end of SSM, cap.

My bets are she's the first face Pete sees when he regains control of his mind, and she nurses him back to health, filling in the blank spots in his memory.

Really? What makes you think that? I want to believe you, but I just don't know if my heart can take any more disappointment.

Really? What makes you think that? I want to believe you, but I just don't know if my heart can take any more disappointment.

Just the pacing of the story, the nature of comic book narratives and the developments in the last issue. MJ is positioning herself as the secret weapon in the big climactic battle and this story needs a hero. It's clearly not Ock, who's falling to pieces. I think Slott's made it pretty clear that he sees MJ and Pete as the match after deconstructing the trope a bit over the past few years, and the story's running to a head where MJ will be the ace in the hole in the climactic battle. MJ will save Pete, Doc will get his moment of sacrificial heroism as he gives up himself to save Anna-Marie (is that her name?) and Pete will be back. My guess is he learns a few things from Otto's tenure, but ultimately things revert back to the status quo. He hands the reins of the company back to Sajani (is that her name?), realizing that he has enough responsibilities as is and isn't cut out for the CEO gig, and convalesces under MJ's care. Carlie gets better. Whatsername, Ghost Cop, reverts to being Parker's tentative ally on the force and a brief triangle forms between Pete, MJ, and her fireman boyfriend, but it's clear that their relationship is mending. My guess is Carlie forgets everything she learned as part of the reversion and MJ, as the sole remaining person remembering his identity becomes an integral and major part of the narrative, but it's possible Carlie still remembers.

Last edited:
Sounds good. I hope you're right.

Ock's girlfriend is Anna-Maria. I think Sajani is right. And Ghost Cop is Yuri Wantanabe - she calls herself Wraith... But she SHOULD have gone with Ghost Cop.

#28...MJ with web shooters, Carlie as a Goblin, Peter "hiding" inside memories...Dan Slott has been writing this book for too long. It's nothing but garbage.

#28...MJ with web shooters, Carlie as a Goblin, Peter "hiding" inside memories...Dan Slott has been writing this book for too long. It's nothing but garbage.
Remember when MJ and Aunt May were inside Iron Man suits?

armorsuits.jpg

3010934-mary_jane%26aunt_may-marvel_knights_spider-man%2320-wearing_iron_man_suits.jpg

OHHHH MYYYYY WOOOOOOORD! :lol:

I started to finally enjoy this book and now I'm back to hating it. Slott needs to end his run already.

I've never been a fan of Superior Spider-Man. I refused to even read it until I found out it was ending. But it's not THAT bad. I mean, it's not bad b/c the current story is bad - beyond the basic premise of Ock being in Peter's body.

That said, I didn't enjoy #29. It was sort of all over the place. But I guess it was setting everything up for the final conclusion.

Latest posts

Back