The Top 100 Films You've Ever Seen

I liked Lost Boys. Also, The Shawshank Redemption. And Dog Day Afternoon is super spectacular. Being There is good, but the book is a lot better. Still, Peter sellers OWNS in it.

Also, see The Royal Tenenbaums immediately. Tonight, if possible.

Sounds dumb, but I honestly wouldn't know how to rank them. I've seen some amazing movies that I've enjoyed and then I've seen some okay movies that I've LOVED. Which comes first?

I've seen all of those save Amadeus, Being There, Dog Day Afternoon, and the Shawshank Redemption (I want to read the book before I see the movie), but let me just tell you that Lost Boys is horrendously overrated... It isn't a fun bad movie... It isn't a fun vampire movie... its not even a remotely good movie... It was the biggest disapointment I've had in movies i've watched in the last year.

Otherwise that's a fantastic list of movies. I hope you enjoy them.

Strangefate, lemmie tell ya, just watch the Shawshenk Redemption. I love the film, and have the book (well, the Different Seasons hardcover, which also has Stand By Me and Apt Pupil) and the are almost no changes. Theres one little bit about goofy escape plans cut and Morgan Freeman's character is Irish. Thats it. Otherwise its exact.

And I love The Lost Boys. I can't see how someone wouldn't.

Last edited:
The Shawshank Redemption would be #1 on my list.

I finally saw One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest over the weekend -- yes, it's taken me 17 years to get to it -- and I gotta say, when I make my list, it'll be pretty high up there. It's one of those movies I'd probably buy just to watch once every three years or so. Of course, three years from now, the DVD will probably be extinct, so....

One thing I don't understand is how it's #9 on IMDb's Top 250. It's an amazing film, but my God, #9?!

Last edited:
I finally saw One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest over the weekend -- yes, it's taken me 17 years to get to it -- and I gotta say, when I make my list, it'll be pretty high up there. It's one of those movies I'd probably buy just to watch once every three years or so. Of course, three years from now, the DVD will probably be extinct, so....

One thing I don't understand is how it's #9 on IMDb's Top 250. It's an amazing film, but my God, #9?!

great film , 14th on my list

Of course, three years from now, the DVD will probably be extinct, so....

Yeah.... okay....:roll:

I do agree that #9 is a little too high for OFOTCN. Somwhere in the Top-20 would be better.

What I really think is ridiculous was that Nurse Ratchet made the #5 spot on AFI's 50 villains. She was like 7 places ABOVE Alex DeLarge. Gah.....

Last edited:
OFOTCN is a great film and I'm glad I got a chance to see it.

USELESS TRIVIA: One Flew Over the Cukoos Nest is only the second of three films to have a clean sweep of the most prestigious Academy Awards, Best Picture (Micheal Douglas's first oscar), Director, Actor, Actress, and Screenplay.

Can anyone name the other two films that achieived this? :D

OFOTCN is a great film and I'm glad I got a chance to see it.

USELESS TRIVIA: One Flew Over the Cukoos Nest is only the second of three films to have a clean sweep of the most prestigious Academy Awards, Best Picture (Micheal Douglas's first oscar), Director, Actor, Actress, and Screenplay.

Can anyone name the other two films that achieived this? :D

The Silence of the Lambs and It Happened One Night.

And no, I didn't use the internet for that.:wink:

Yes, correct.

I just want to say I just saw Wedding Crashers for the first time earlier tonight, it was on HBO Signature. I loved it. It was hilarious.

Checked The Royal Tennenbaums off my list, having seen it tonight.:D

Great movie. Not sure if it'll make my Top-100 at the moment, but probably will with future viewings.

I plan to rent Minority Report for this Saturday. My dad and I saw it opening weekend and loved it, but that's the only time I've ever seen it, and I didn't feel it needed a repeat viewing. It's been about 5 years, though, so I'd like to see it again now.

I plan to rent Minority Report for this Saturday. My dad and I saw it opening weekend and loved it, but that's the only time I've ever seen it, and I didn't feel it needed a repeat viewing. It's been about 5 years, though, so I'd like to see it again now.

That's a film I've been planning on seeing as well. I always put it off too. sSame with the borne identity and it's sequel.

I rented The Minority Report one weekend and couldn't get past the first 15 minutes. I had no interest in it.

After discovering the internet, I regret it now.

Checked The Royal Tennenbaums off my list, having seen it tonight.:D

Great movie. Not sure if it'll make my Top-100 at the moment, but probably will with future viewings.

It will. The movie grows greatly on re-viewings. I left it on loop in my DVD player for over a month. Every time my TV turned on thee it was. It didn't get old, just better.

Latest posts

Back