The Transporter 2...I'm actually looking forward to this one.

DIrishB said:
Yeah I know what you're talking about. Some of them are pretty cool. Matter of fact, Bruce Campbell is actually authoring a comic right now based on the BMW films (I can't remember what its called off the top of my head).

Found out it was called "The Hire - Precious Cargo" which is the second issue in the series (each issue is written and drawn by a different creative team).

Matter of fact, I think it should still be in comic stores, cuz I remember just recently seeing it.

DIrishB said:
Seriously, Jason Statham is the man. He could even kick Vin Diesel's ***.

Oh no you didn't. Vin Diesel is so tough he could just stand there an attack from this guy wouldn't even affect him.

thee great one said:
Oh no you didn't. Vin Diesel is so tough he could just stand there an attack from this guy wouldn't even affect him.

WTF? :?

TheManWithoutFear said:
Statham would killlllllll Vin Diesel
Vin Diesel would only pretend to be dead, and then slit Statham's throat. :lol:

Anyways, getting back on topic now, when is this movie supposed to come out?

I love Vin Diesel. I really do, but to be fair Statham would go all Mean Machine on Vin Diesel's *** and bludgeon him to death with a soccer ball.

So could Stephen Chow.

icemastertron said:
Vin Diesel would only pretend to be dead, and then slit Statham's throat. :lol:

Except Statham would've anticipated this move (I mean lets face it, Vin isn't exactly known for his diversity, either in his acting roles or his methods of killing people) and worn his teflon turtle-neck.

Anyways, getting back on topic now, when is this movie supposed to come out?

September 2.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Statham would killlllllll Vin Diesel

Hell yeah, MWoF, you are the Man....................Without Fear.

ourchair said:
I love Vin Diesel. I really do, but to be fair Statham would go all Mean Machine on Vin Diesel's *** and bludgeon him to death with a soccer ball

But Statham would call it a football, cuz he's a bloke!

;)

ourchair said:
I love Vin Diesel. I really do, but to be fair Statham would go all Mean Machine on Vin Diesel's *** and bludgeon him to death with a soccer ball. .
I have been trying to remember the name of that movie forever. Thanks OC.

Okay, apparently IGN put up a clip of one of the fight scenes in Transporter 2. Now I know that the first one went a bit over the top, but don't you all think that THIS is just a bit too much? I mean the groin shot alone...

Found at www.warrenellis.com of all places....

Baxter said:
Okay, apparently IGN put up a clip of one of the fight scenes in Transporter 2. Now I know that the first one went a bit over the top, but don't you all think that THIS is just a bit too much? I mean the groin shot alone...

Found at www.warrenellis.com of all places....

Nowhere near as over-the-top as any of Vin Diesel's movies. That guys ridiculous.

Anyway, this movie hits theaters tomorrow, but I won't be able to see it for awhile since I'm having my shoulder surgery tomorrow (finally, its been delayed like 3 times)

I'm about to watch the first one, to gear me up for this sequel...hopefully I'll be able to check it out sometime this weekend, depends mostly on how much pain I'm in...probably won't be bad though, I'm sure I'll get some good painkillers.

I have no idea what kind of balance between testosterone and oversexedness Transporter 2 is trying to accomplish.

There was a weird kind of fetishism going on between Transporter 1's mercenary and hostage/lover relationship between Statham and Shu Qi. Now this Bourbon Street hooker gun fu assassin is just weirding me out.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I've said it before and I'll agree with you now. Statham as Hawkeye is perfect.

Yeah but Vin Diesel as Captain America is just dumb. Sorry, just doesn't work and I can guarantee that if Diesel were ever to be cast as Cap a riot would start among comic book fans, and I would be leading it. I could kind of see Statham as Hawkeye, but not sure if the bald look would suit Hawkeye. Otherwise its a fair bit of casting.

Anyway, I saw this movie last weekend, it was ok. I preferred the first one overall just because it wasn't as over-the-top and ridiculous as this one in some senses, but the fight and car chase scenes in this one were definitly better. Out of five stars, Transporter 2 gets two. The first one I would give three. Anyway, still an enjoyable action flick, not to be taken too seriously. So all the critics who are probably bashing this movie are obviously missing the point. There's not supposed to be a bunch of symbolism, or tear-jerker drama, or anything like that. This flick is a straight-forward action flick and has no illusions that its anything but that. You certainly don't need your thinking caps for this one, but if you're in the mood to see some awesomely well done fight scenes and a whole lot of brooding on Statham's part, go check it out.

Latest posts

Back