The Transporter 2...I'm actually looking forward to this one.

ourchair said:
I have no idea what kind of balance between testosterone and oversexedness Transporter 2 is trying to accomplish.

There was a weird kind of fetishism going on between Transporter 1's mercenary and hostage/lover relationship between Statham and Shu Qi. Now this Bourbon Street hooker gun fu assassin is just weirding me out.

See, she turned me on. Nothing like a homicidal chick who wears nothing at home and only lingerie in public. Plus she had great legs. And really, besides her, could you really call anything else in the film oversexed? I mean if that was the case the Transporter would've hooked up with the kid's mom, but he didn't, I guess due to some weird code of honor. I however, don't have any such illusions and would've totally banged that broad. She was hot also, moreso than the crazy chick because she had a more realistic, less model-like look. But while the scenes involving the nutty chick were definitly aiming at the under-sexed crowd, otherwise the movie featured no such stuff. Could have been a lot worse, with gratuitous, unneeded nudity (as many action/horror/etc movies contain). Not that gratuitous nudity is a bad thing, but it does dumb-down films too often. Anyone who's seen Under Siege and remembers Erika Eleniak jumping out of the cake topless knows what I mean.

Rented it, watched it, liked it, look forward to another sequel.

I was on Bendis' Boards yesterday and they were *****in' about it. A good point was made that the only person Statham killed was the innocent pilot. Otherwise the movie was clearly made to showcase Statham's skills and is nothing more than an Americanize modern day Kung Fu movie. And you know what? I completely dug it. Statham's a masterpiece in his own. I'd put him up against Jackie Chan.

Plot was lame. But it was only meant to be entertaining.

4/5

That plot was actually ok.....it was the execution that was kinda lame. The movie was ok. If you go in expecting a masterpiece it's gonna blow. But if expect mindless kung fu action for no real reason....you get your money's worth.

The only thing about the movie that was disappointing was the finall showdown. They had Senor Bad Guy looking like he could wreck stuff as well. But then it turned into a weak punching contest in a cramped plane. Lame. Especially when films like Jet Li's "Unleashed" had all the moves you needed for combat at close range like that. Li's fight scene in the bathroom stall was amazing!

See, she turned me on. Nothing like a homicidal chick who wears nothing at home and only lingerie in public. Plus she had great legs. And really, besides her, could you really call anything else in the film oversexed? I mean if that was the case the Transporter would've hooked up with the kid's mom, but he didn't, I guess due to some weird code of honor. I however, don't have any such illusions and would've totally banged that broad. She was hot also, moreso than the crazy chick because she had a more realistic, less model-like look. But while the scenes involving the nutty chick were definitly aiming at the under-sexed crowd, otherwise the movie featured no such stuff. Could have been a lot worse, with gratuitous, unneeded nudity (as many action/horror/etc movies contain). Not that gratuitous nudity is a bad thing, but it does dumb-down films too often. Anyone who's seen Under Siege and remembers Erika Eleniak jumping out of the cake topless knows what I mean.
:shock: This was so stream of consciousness it should have been a POTD.

Latest posts

Back