The Ultimate continuity hits just keep on coming...

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
Well, picked up UFF #13 today and while the story itself was a good starting point for this arc, it contained some things which turn the Ultimate timeline even more on its head. For one, the Ultimates are mentioned again (despite the fact that they haven't been formed yet). Also, General Ross (the same one who died in UXM #11) is still alive in this issue (surprise, surprise). So, this either firmly places UFF before UXM #11 or we can all just give up now of ever having a cohesive chronology of events in the Ultimate universe.

I think this issue has pretty much convinced me that what we are currently reading is happening in the past. As much as Marvel just plain doesn't care about continuity sometimes, I find it hard to believe they'd screw it up this bad.

Unless the editors are afraid to tell Warren Ellis that he's screwed it up.

You know, at this point I'd expect it's on purpose. With a single editor handeling most of the ultimate line he should be able to keep things straight, and since all the continuity problems seem to mainly stem from one book, wich keeps being brought up, means there's only 2 possibilities.

1: There's a long term plotline in the Ultimate Fantastic Four series that'll end with everything pretty much making sense.

2: Ralph Macchio doesn't give a damn about Ultimate Fantastic Four's place in the Ultimate Marvel Line, wich up untill now seems to have been fairly well interconnected, giving people a great sense of a shared universe.

Baxter said:
2: Ralph Macchio doesn't give a damn about Ultimate Fantastic Four's place in the Ultimate Marvel Line, wich up untill now seems to have been fairly well interconnected, giving people a great sense of a shared universe.

I find this a little hard to believe. In fact you are talking complete rubbish.

We got the movie coming out next year...

In 616 we got Fantastic Four, 4, X-men/Fantastic Four coming out next year, countless appearances of The Thing.

In Ultimate Spider-man we just had Johnny.

It would make no sense whatsoever for Ralph to not give a damn about this title and would also mean that Marvel dose'nt give a crap about it's customers...

hold on...

they don't.

Hey forget what I've just said Baxter, I totally agree with you, please forgive me.

Last edited:
longshotjimlee said:
I find this a little hard to believe. In fact you are talking complete rubbish.

We got the movie coming out next year...

In 616 we got Fantastic Four, 4, X-men/Fantastic Four coming out next year, countless appearances of The Thing.

In Ultimate Spider-man we just had Johnny.

It would make no sense whatsoever for Ralph to not give a damn about this title and would also mean that Marvel dose'nt give a crap about it's customers...

hold on...

they don't.

Hey forget what I've just said Baxter, I totally agree with you, please forgive me.

Uh-oh, Bax. Look what you've done! You broke LSJL.

For us regular Joes it came out this past Wednesday.

Got the issue today.

Wasn't blown away but I'm definitely very interested to see where this is going

Im pretty sure that Ultimate FF is taking place in current time. The only thing is that General Ross is that bothering me. Or did he really die??hmmm...

I didn't realise there was any such thing as real time in the Marvel Universe. Is there anywhere on this forum where we have a chronology?

He was caught up in an explosion in the Weapon X arc all the way back to that story in Ultimate X-Men and has been referred to as dead since... Fury's the new director of SHIELD, taking over his position. If he's still kickin' that means Fury's job hunting.

Sawry UE, I meantto say Ultimate Universe, and Goody - I like the point you made about Fury recruiting...

I wonder if fake deaths might be used to recruit?

René said:
Im pretty sure that Ultimate FF is taking place in current time. The only thing is that General Ross is that bothering me. Or did he really die??hmmm...

Do you think the LMD concept has just made its first appearance in the Ultimate Universe? :confused:

Latest posts

Back