The Ultimate continuity hits just keep on coming...

odie1kenobi75 said:
Do you think the LMD concept has just made its first appearance in the Ultimate Universe? :confused:

LMD? Whats that?

longshotjimlee said:
I didn't realise there was any such thing as real time in the Marvel Universe. Is there anywhere on this forum where we have a chronology?

Hey LSJL, check out this link, its to a chronology I've been working on of the Ultimate universe. It contains every Ultimate issue released to date, and makes some sense of the screwed up Ultimate timeline. Anyway, check it out and see if it helps make sense of the chronology.

http://www.ultimatecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=525

Kal_Jenko said:
Maybe "The Lame Marvel Death Concept?"

Ohhh!!!!!!!

I was kidding, I hope that this is just something that the editors didnt notice and we are making a big deal about this. Who really knows?

At this point they have to have noticed, especialy with all the hullabaloo going on about it on message boards. I think it was either planned or there's some kind of crappy ass fix coming.

I think LMD is Life Model Decoy. They are basically robotic clones used by Shield and others. I don't know a lot about them

It would seem at first that the UFF take place before the events of UXM #11, and in turn the Ultimates #2, due to the inclusion of General Ross, who died in UXM #11 and whose death resulted in the promotion of Nick Fury to head of S.H.I.E.L.D., where he created the Ultimates. The Ultimates considered recruiting the UFF in Ultimates #2, so all these pieces fit. The UFF is in the past. Simple enough.

That all starts to get screwed up when we take a look at UFF #5, where Dr. Storm tells Johnny to "leave it to the Ultimates". This would place the UFF after Ultimates #2, which is impossible, because, again, the Ultimates were formed after the Fantastic Four, and the Fantastic Four aren't even the Fantastic Four at the time of this issue. However, the reference is small enough to possibly write off as a goof.

Now comes UFF #13, which clearly shows Ross alive and well, and makes abundantly clear that the Ultimates do in fact exist as the still-not-yet-known-as-the-Fantastic Four are perfectly aware of. Not to mention that the Ultimates' base, the Triskelion is shown as it is today and referenced by the team even though said Triskelion is shown under construction in Ultimates #2, which we all know takes place after the Fantastic Four are formed, thereby placing the events of that issue squarely after the events of this issue.

This all leads me to believe that Nick Lowe and Ralph Maccio spend all their time at the Ultimate Editorial offices braiding each other's hair and having pillow fights in their jammies.

And screwong things up further is that we have Jonny Storm appearing very late in Spider-Man, putting UFF solidly in the present.

I really wanna see how Bendis fixes all of this.

Ricky:
Hi, completely different topic:

What's up with continuity right now?
Many fans have theorizes before, that the current UFF are set in the past of the rest of the Ultimate Universe (there-by explaining previous mentionings like in Ultimates 2 and all around).
Current policy seems to be, however, to ignore these incidents.
"Ignore whatever we sais about the FF before, this is what they're all about and it is happening NOW!"

I'm personally fine with this approach, although I still hope a Dr. Richards is around somewhere, namesake to young Reed, whom he'll even meet one far day (kind of famous scientist and inventor, who created all the **** seen before).

However, issue 13 shows General Ross, about and living.
Did't he die in Ultimate X-Men 11?
Wasn't his death confirmed in Ultimates 2?

This kind of streches continuity, doesn't it?
Any comments?
Mr. Ellis?
Warren Ellis
His death gets unconfirmed in UFF 14. I wrote the thing, was told Ross was dead, told the office I was bringing him back to life as if I were Comics Jesus, and they said okay and hid under the desk.

The other continuity points you mention, I know nothing about.

-- W

[from millar-world]

It's good to see that Ellis has so much time on his hands to answer fan questions. Pity he didn't use that time to get the final issue of Ministry of Space out sooner!!!

Thanks for that Ricky.

Here's what I think will happen in explaining General Ross' "death".

First off, do you honestly think that if a room exploded that contained Nick Fury, that he would die? General Ross was the Head of SHIELD, and even if for the slightest second he was hurt (which it is possible he was not hurt, at all, we've seen Fury turn transparent, Im sure Fury's boss sure as Hell could). So either way, Ross stepped down, whether it was because he didn't like the stress of running the World's Defense, or because he was in fact injured and Nick Fury stepped into his place during his recovery and he let it be. So General Ross is alive, and he's the military overseer of the Baxter building, and eventually the Fantastic Four themselves.

Secondly, in regard to the Continuity, is anyone taking into consideration the months that went by between the Accident and them finding Victor, or the months that most definately happened between the incident in Denmark and them rebuilding the N-zone transporter, refiguring everything, making sure its not going to effect anyone else this time around. Really it's probably been years, and so really where the series fits so far is between Ross' "death" in UXM and Ultimates #2. And I'd expect this to work itself out in the next year, With Ultimate Secret being a FF/Ultimates crossover, and more than likely other encounters between series (as we've seen in EVERY other Ultimate comic)

In regard to Johnny's Appearance in USP, that takes place after they've been established, but before they've gone public. So I'd guess right after the Negative Zone Arc. (so people like Stark and Fury with SHIELD information know the Four, without the public knowing)

UltimateCharlieSheen said:
It would seem at first that the UFF take place before the events of UXM #11, and in turn the Ultimates #2, due to the inclusion of General Ross, who died in UXM #11 and whose death resulted in the promotion of Nick Fury to head of S.H.I.E.L.D., where he created the Ultimates. The Ultimates considered recruiting the UFF in Ultimates #2, so all these pieces fit. The UFF is in the past. Simple enough.

That all starts to get screwed up when we take a look at UFF #5, where Dr. Storm tells Johnny to "leave it to the Ultimates". This would place the UFF after Ultimates #2, which is impossible, because, again, the Ultimates were formed after the Fantastic Four, and the Fantastic Four aren't even the Fantastic Four at the time of this issue. However, the reference is small enough to possibly write off as a goof.

Now comes UFF #13, which clearly shows Ross alive and well, and makes abundantly clear that the Ultimates do in fact exist as the still-not-yet-known-as-the-Fantastic Four are perfectly aware of. Not to mention that the Ultimates' base, the Triskelion is shown as it is today and referenced by the team even though said Triskelion is shown under construction in Ultimates #2, which we all know takes place after the Fantastic Four are formed, thereby placing the events of that issue squarely after the events of this issue.

This all leads me to believe that Nick Lowe and Ralph Maccio spend all their time at the Ultimate Editorial offices braiding each other's hair and having pillow fights in their jammies.

Well, wouldn't that put UFF before the entire UXM series? The Ultimates were formed because Magneto pretty much almost killed the President. If there was mention of the Ultimates in the UFF title, that would only put them before that, too.

Dr.Strangefate said:
First off, do you honestly think that if a room exploded that contained Nick Fury, that he would die? General Ross was the Head of SHIELD, and even if for the slightest second he was hurt (which it is possible he was not hurt, at all, we've seen Fury turn transparent, Im sure Fury's boss sure as Hell could).

Well, yes, if he's in a staff meeting with none of the Ultimates themselves, then yes. Yes I do.

As for Fury's transparency, that was always used when he was in the field, and as they've pointed out, costs a boatload to get going and sustain. I doubt Ross would be wearing the gear for it on a fulltime basis, or even know how to operate one. Seemed to be pretty old fashioned military.

Baxter said:
Well, yes, if he's in a staff meeting with none of the Ultimates themselves, then yes. Yes I do.

As for Fury's transparency, that was always used when he was in the field, and as they've pointed out, costs a boatload to get going and sustain. I doubt Ross would be wearing the gear for it on a fulltime basis, or even know how to operate one. Seemed to be pretty old fashioned military.

Not to mention the fact that when Fury went transparent he was still *there* and vulnerable to attack. Transparent is not the same as disappearing.

Latest posts

Back