The Ultimate Doom Goat Leg Mystery...SOLVED!

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
From Millarworld.tv (post #6):

Mark Millar said:
PS People keep asking why we lost the goat-legs and ignored previous Doom, but he's exactly the same. Editorial wanted rid of the goat-legs (which I quite liked as it was unique and menacing) and so I had a scene in 31 where Reed is meeting Victor in that big room and we see servants strapping on the metal leg armour he's wearing for the rest of the ish. I never saw the finished art, but since people were asking I'm assuming it wasn't drawn. But the goat legs are under there (which seemed the simplest solution)

MM

So there we have it. Millar kept the goat legs (sorta) despite the editors attempting to get rid of them...looks like they came to an interesting and somewhat logical compromise in the end.

Last edited:

I must say that this Doom is the best looking I've ever seen!
The goat legs sucked! It was just too whack!
Land made an amazing Doom face, that I hope becomes the norm in the UU.

The legs were wierd but it was something that made him look so odd that it actually worked. And dracula is latin or whatever for devil. And the devil is sometimes pictured with goat legs and the goat does resemble evil in some ways.

shizzle. Fo mizzle.

I liked the goat legs. As pointed out it gave him this whole connection to the devil through his family lineage. It was just weirdly creepy!

Hellsbuttmonkey said:
shizzle. Fo mizzle.

I liked the goat legs. As pointed out it gave him this whole connection to the devil through his family lineage. It was just weirdly creepy!

I think it also gives an undertone to usher in Blackheart, Mephisto and Shuma Gorath

Plain and simple - anyone who doesn't like the goat legs is wrong.

Hibiki said:
And dracula is latin or whatever for devil. And the devil is sometimes pictured with goat legs and the goat does resemble evil in some ways.
Well that's just plain not true. As pointed out by someone or other (can't remember who) in a previous discussion about Doom's heritage, Dracula means "Son of the Dragon".

Last edited:
I had already posted this in the discussion thread. :(

vintsukka said:
Well that's just plain not true. As pointed out by someone or other (can't remember who) in a previous discussion about Doom's heritage, Dracula means "Son of the Dragon".

Regardless, Dragon is usually associated with devils.

Since when? Everytime I think of dragons I think of the Chinese dragons (long & snake-like with no wings), European dragons (Big, strong bodies and big wings), and a particular TV show which features balls. How do you think of the devil?

From wiki:

The Latin word for a dragon, draco (genitive: draconis), actually means snake or serpent, emphasising the European association of dragons with snakes. The Medieval Biblical interpretation of the Devil being associated with the serpent who tempted Adam and Eve, thus gave a snake-like dragon connotations of evil. Generally speaking, Biblical literature itself did not portray this association (save for the book of Revelations, whose treatment of dragons is detailed below). The demonic opponents of God, Christ, or good Christians have commonly been portrayed as reptilian or chimeric.

There you go.

Latest posts

Back