The Ultimates 2...12 issues or 13?

That's a good question, some people have heard Millar say the complete set (Ultimates 1 & 2) will be 25 issues, while others have seen the solicatation for Ultimates 2 #13.

So, I ain't got a ****ing clue

both are correct maybe.....here is my take.
12 issues with issue number 13 being the annual.

Eroz > Didn't think of it it that way .. nice point !"

Perhaps you have it, Eroz. I really hope that the Annuals are things that can stand on their own two feet and not rely too much on the titles. Not that that is what they are turning out to be, I just think that if the Annuals are that closely tied to what is going on in the titles, they aren't really all that special, right?

According to the solit for Ultimates 2 #8, Grand Theft America is 6-issues, therefore, 12 issues is the lot.

Plus the annual.

12 issues. Last trade will have six issues and the annual.

Well, we know that the new arc is 6 parts, going by the solits from #8. So that's 12 issues right there. Now, if there's one more after that, we'll have to see.

With Ultimates 1, it was said to be a 12 part series. They added a bonus wrap up issue in there, issue 13. Millar has some strange fondness with wrap up issues. I have a feeling thats what they are gonna do with Ultimates 2, add a 13th issue.

I have a strong feeling there wont be Ultimates 3, I think somehow with all the hints I been getting, I think Ultimates will disband after issue 12. and that will be that...

It has been officially confirmed there will be an Ultimates 3.

I still think Ultimates 2 will end in a SHIELD vs Ultimates/Avengers conflict, but regardless, there will be an Ultimates 3.

I remember reading that, I dont know why it slipped my mind you know! LOL

Ah well, just im really gonna miss Mark Millar, and HItch!, hopefully they will try and replicate the art at least with someone simliar.

GMaster said:
With Ultimates 1, it was said to be a 12 part series. They added a bonus wrap up issue in there, issue 13. Millar has some strange fondness with wrap up issues. I have a feeling thats what they are gonna do with Ultimates 2, add a 13th issue.

That's what I'm thinking will happen with this volume, too. We'll have to see.

I have this theory here. Like someone mentioned, the current series will end with a fight/disagreement between the Ultimates and SHIELD, leading to SHIELD hiring new soldiers (which was mentioned for Ultimates 3). Meanwhile the original remaining Ultimates, having had their funding and backing cut, strike off on there own, becoming.....

The Avengers!

Actually that sounds rubbish.

Latest posts

Back