The Ultimates 2 #6 Discussion (Spoilers)

Guijllons said:
The robots did look a little unfinished however, were they to be used then they would probably be given a look more in fitting with their 616 counterparts.

I think they had a look alot like if 616 Ultron were too be drawn more realistically and modern, kinda the same treatment as they've given the Iron Man suit. I mean, come on, molded metal muscles on a robot just don't look right ;). While I'm not sure if Vision II is going to see anything come about (I still wonder of the fate of Vision I from Nightmare) I definitely think Ultron is going to see play. I just think he's too big a carryover too make into a throwaway ultimatization.

I get the feeling that the two robots will develope better AI and, at some point, they'll develope distinct personalities that end up diverging in an unexpected way: Ultron goes down a path of hatred and violence (for mankind and his "father") and his brother, Vision II wants nothing more than to help people and contribute to the world. This idea wouldn't be very original though: it was done in the anime series "Trigun". There were two android brothers who basically developed this way and later came into conflict.

moonmaster said:
I get the feeling that the two robots will develope better AI and, at some point, they'll develope distinct personalities that end up diverging in an unexpected way: Ultron goes down a path of hatred and violence (for mankind and his "father") and his brother, Vision II wants nothing more than to help people and contribute to the world. This idea wouldn't be very original though: it was done in the anime series "Trigun". There were two android brothers who basically developed this way and later came into conflict.

What if they both decide too help the world, but they take different routes. Ultron intends too help the weak and downtrodden by a simple means. Destroy the powerful. That could be a very interesting take on the character. Vision wants too do the same thing, but perhaps since he is more defensive based (thats sheer extrapolation on my part, no basis shown so far, I'm just throwing it out as an idea) he tries too defend the people by working with the heroes.

I enjoyed Trigun, it was one of the few anime series I was ever able to stomach (still didn't stack up too Cowboy Bebop though. Sorry for the offtopic blurb ;)).

Bass said:
Did no one else think Ultron and Vision II looked like they'd been made from bits and pieces of the Iron Man armour?

Yes - I did. Moreso than the 616 versions.

moonmaster said:

Like Anakin & Obi-Wan!

Entropy said:
What if they both decide too help the world, but they take different routes. Ultron intends too help the weak and downtrodden by a simple means. Destroy the powerful. That could be a very interesting take on the character. Vision wants too do the same thing, but perhaps since he is more defensive based (thats sheer extrapolation on my part, no basis shown so far, I'm just throwing it out as an idea) he tries too defend the people by working with the heroes.

I enjoyed Trigun, it was one of the few anime series I was ever able to stomach (still didn't stack up too Cowboy Bebop though. Sorry for the offtopic blurb ;)).

These are great idesa... I would really like to see all of these happen. I think a lot of what makes robots cliches is the fact that there isn't much substance or feeling when it comes to their characters. They either have to be smarter brain-wise than humans or a misunderstood being without emotion. That's what it has always been. This is an interesting departure.

And E, I don't really have time for the Ultimates... Since it's not a very reliable title schedule-wise I ruled it out as one of the comics I would subscribe to.

Goodwill said:
And E, I don't really have time for the Ultimates... Since it's not a very reliable title schedule-wise I ruled it out as one of the comics I would subscribe to.
Its been on time. We know why #7 was pushed to June. And if this still is going on, Hitch is taking loner cuz he has to ink himself, because the regular inkers mother had a stroke and he had to travel somewhere far to be with her.

Again, not sure if thats the situation still, but last time I read, it still is.

Oh, I decided that I couldn't keep running to the comic shop monthly... I don't go in there that much so the store owner doesn't know me. I try and reserve copies because I won't be coming in for a while and they'll say, "We've got plenty of copies".

Goodwill said:
You don't buy a title based on its regularity? Are you serious?

Cad, if I don't have time I don't have time, really. Besides, I don't really think Ultimates is all that great in comparison to the other Ultimate titles.

Goodwill said:
Besides, I don't really think Ultimates is all that great in comparison to the other Ultimate titles.
Yeah! Cuz it's soooooo better, how CAN you compare them, with Ultimates being at such a higher enjoyable level?! :p

What? Just playing around. Though its true for me. :)

I think you enjoy most anything in front of you... In all the time that you and I have been on this board together, I find it difficult to find something that you disliked. ;)

Goodwill said:
I think you enjoy most anything in front of you... In all the time that you and I have been on this board together, I find it difficult to find something that you disliked. ;)
What can I say? I'm a sucker for alotta things. :innocent:

Goodwill said:
Cad, if I don't have time I don't have time, really. Besides, I don't really think Ultimates is all that great in comparison to the other Ultimate titles.

I never understood that line of thinking, but it certainly is your prerogative. You know, if you don't go to the shop every week or whatever it doesn't make a difference; you could pick up all your books at the same time if you only go once a month.

Also I think it's strange that you say it's not as good as the other Ultimate books if a) you don't read it and b) you complain about USM all the time (not that it isn't justified).

You don't even read it in TPB?

Interesting summation

I had my wife - who is not a comic book reader and quite honestly thinks we are all should get jobs (even if we have one already) - read the Ultimates 1 & 2. We're talking a person here that falls asleep watching anyhting to do with super-feros on a movie screen. She's very, shall I say it, mundane.

We then discussed it.

She believes Fury to be the traitor. She said it's obvious Fury has brought all of them together so he can have them kill off or imprison each other until the only ones left are Fury and his own trusted liuetenants. Then no one can stop him from taking over.

Or something like that.

Hmmmmmmm.

She watches and reads all that crap on TV on real detectives and true crime garbage. But she may have a point.

Peace!

Hey! I picked up Jubilee!

And Mary Jane!

I thought they might be good. :blush: Mary Jane was alright.

Latest posts

Back