How would you rate this issue?

Votes: 8 22.2%

Votes: 13 36.1%

Votes: 10 27.8%

Votes: 3 8.3%

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
I enjoyed the Annual. let me count the reasons why

(1) Defenders- These guys just don't get it, do they? I wouldn't have them house sit for me, let alone attempt any serious missions.

(2) Four Seasons- WTF? come on Fury, put your team in combat fatigues or something

(3) Fury- he's starting to remind me of the Jack Nicholson character from a Few Good Men. yeah, the walls need defending but that doesn't give him moral authority for the all the crap he's pulling

(4) Super Soldier Serum- how long has Steve been Cap. he served a few years in the war, and I cause he's been active now for 2-3 years? how long was Lieberman active? long story short: is or will the formula affect Cap?

(5) Hulk- he only hurt the bad guys. not as mindless as he used to be huh?

(6) What's hot magazine: headline: Thor's Lover speaks out? interesting.

lastly, what does Fury need 26 super-soldiers for? the current Ultimates team would be more than enough to cripple conventional forces. and so far the only other viable soliders have come from friendly nations? what the deal?

Last edited:
marvelman said:
are you sure, Ice? I was certain I put a 4/5.

At least thats what I meant to put.
I think I am. When you voted, it was only you and me at the time. Though I could have mis-looked.

So, did Fury find out Banner is still alive?

And Hawkeye is supposed to be in it, this happens before he dies.

...My shop didn't get a copy in. He doesn't keep p with dog****, and now I can't read the annual, with the allmighty Steve Dillons pencils, and I'm going to be forced to poke him with a pointy stick untill he actualy starts keeping up with whats good in comics. That is all.

ProjectX2 said:
So, did Fury find out Banner is still alive?

And Hawkeye is supposed to be in it, this happens before he dies.

i stand corrected.

i liked the issue, but hate it. why you ask? cuz millar choose a crappy car. if he wanted to choose a good car, he would have gone with the camaro, not the firebird a sister car to the camaro. (same thing with a different name, same body style and everything, i know my firebirds) and you don't go and put a dam spoiler that big on sports car, if you want to put in something to create more back drag you a smaller spoiler, lightweight spoiler. and by the looks of it, they choose the crappiest generation, generation 4, where they shrunk down the car size and :furious: :gripe: so for this Millar

Baxter said:
...My shop didn't get a copy in. He doesn't keep p with dog****, and now I can't read the annual, with the allmighty Steve Dillons pencils, and I'm going to be forced to poke him with a pointy stick untill he actualy starts keeping up with whats good in comics. That is all.

same guy thats lost all your paperback trades?

Let's go front to back...

1) The Rocketmen, Cap, Iron Man, and Black Widow... it was good. I don't want to get too up and personal with the soldiers, since most of them are disposable anyways. I mean, outside of the Giant Men/Goliaths (the terms were used interchangeably), any of these people can be tossed out and replaced by another soldier.

2) The panel with four sets of superheroes.
a) I still don't like that they're all either Giant Man or Goliath, depending on who you ask. Come on Millar, have some fun here. Hit up mythology. You could add Atlas and Prometheus to Goliath. Or just go funny, like Seven Story Sam or Sixty Foot Fred. And who cares that they can all be 200' (or 300+' if that scene at the reactor counts for anything) tall. How often are you going to need someone that big?
b) The Four Seasons, I didn't mind as much as others. Nothing wrong with good, solid, elemental heroes. Which I assume are the power sets. The costumes... people seem to forget that the Ultimates have been a PR exercise since the beginning. Everyone remember Betty? Of course they're going to have designer duds instead of something functional.
c) Thunderbolt and Intagi-Girl... never heard of either, but I don't like that they're using 'Girl' on a female soldier who is at least in her twenties. And the admission that they're fishing for powers still ("we haven't even finalized what we're doing with Owen, Rusk and O'Donohue") is a bit disconcerting. I would think they'd fit soldiers available to powers (like making Intagi-Girl from a former spy or sniper or something), not just throw stuff at pre-selected soldiers and see what sticks.
d) Lieberman... too similar in appearance to Steve Rogers, although I imagine that has something to do with the fact that they want him to step into the costume in the future. And the part about him being hard-wired into the computer is just creepy.

3) The Hulk's existence. Rock on. Setting the stage for that Ultimate Hulk & Wolverine mini, it would seem. I'm wondering now if the Reserves are being introduced to allow SHIELD to maintain a presence in that (and other) books without detracting from the personnel pool for Ultimate 3.

4) Defenders... a joke as usual. I feel bad for the kid with polio, and I'm not surprised that Son of Satan is a spy. He never really fit with the rest of them. Much more serious, much less of a loser. I mean, seriously, the lot of them look like bad cosplay junkies.

5) Interestingly enough, the Giant Men/Goliaths can be bigger than a "three-hundred foot monster". And Intangi-Girl and Thunderbolt are there with other Reserves waiting for the chance for combat. And I don't know who the hell the chick on the end in the row of five is.

6) The Super Soldier Serum. This would go back to that "conspiracy that reaches all the way back to UTMU" crap that we heard about. Fury's had it all along... then why was Banner working on something? Was Banner even working on the serum? Or was the Hulk deliberate? All kinds of thoughts there. And the revelation that there's a bunch more corpses that look like Lieberman down in the bowels of the Triskelion is off-setting.

nigma said:
i stand corrected.

i liked the issue, but hate it. why you ask? cuz millar choose a crappy car. if he wanted to choose a good car, he would have gone with the camaro, not the firebird a sister car to the camaro. (same thing with a different name, same body style and everything, i know my firebirds) and you don't go and put a dam spoiler that big on sports car, if you want to put in something to create more back drag you a smaller spoiler, lightweight spoiler. and by the looks of it, they choose the crappiest generation, generation 4, where they shrunk down the car size and :furious: :gripe: so for this Millar
Well let's look at this a little bit further.

You're mad cuz MM 'chose' a crappy car, yes? But look at the team. You think that team is actually gonna get a car that's better than what you say they have? Helloooo! "Crappy" car for a "crappy" team. Don't you think that goes well hand in hand, considering this team ain't much, and all that?

icemastertron said:
Well let's look at this a little bit further.

You're mad cuz MM 'chose' a crappy car, yes? But look at the team. You think that team is actually gonna get a car that's better than what you say they have? Helloooo! "Crappy" car for a "crappy" team. Don't you think that goes well hand in hand, considering this team ain't much, and all that?

it might be a crappy team, but least you ride in style. and style is all that matters.

nigma said:
it might be a crappy team, but least you ride in style. and style is all that matters.
But did they have the right amount of money for a great style ride? No. They had $4,000! You think that's even remotely enough to buy a "better" car than what they have?

icemastertron said:
But did they have the right amount of money for a great style ride? No. They had $4,000! You think that's even remotely enough to buy a "better" car than what they have?

even that little peice of crap car cost more then 4000, its a late 4th generation now that i've had a better look at it. meaning its 93-02 and it looks to be newer so they go for around 8,000 to 12,000 so i don't konw what millar is smoking. and the price for those might be going up due to rumors of production.

Last edited:
lol, get your facts straight man....i love when people act like they know what they are talking about, and they dont (nigma). First glance at that car it is VERY obvious that it is NOT a 4th generation f-bird. The second i saw that thing, i said "oh that looks alot like my 92!", but it actually looks like it could be from 90-91. The only discrepency i had was the bird on the hood, dont think it came like that factory (not 100% sure though), but it looks good, like Smokey and the Bandit style.

Hey, has anyone considered that the Four Seasons could be the Ultimate Great Lakes Avengers?

I mean, totally different powers, but sort of useless marines from Wisconsin psyched out of their mind to be involved with the Ultimates.... That rings GLA to me...

Anyone else pissed that we got that fugly *** cover, and there were no international supers, and no big black man in camo and shades?

Dr.Strangefate said:
Hey, has anyone considered that the Four Seasons could be the Ultimate Great Lakes Avengers?

I mean, totally different powers, but sort of useless marines from Wisconsin psyched out of their mind to be involved with the Ultimates.... That rings GLA to me...
*coughs* I don't think 'marine' and 'useless' belong in the same paragraph...

One of my new pet theories (hey, I was trained as a scientist and every good scientist has more than one theory up her sleeve) is that the "oppositon party" has gotten their hands on one of the super-soldier serum rejects (like the supposedly dead Lieberman). Someone who looks a LOT like Captain America, and in a Cap costume would be a pretty convincing-looking figure....

jtg3885 said:
*coughs* I don't think 'marine' and 'useless' belong in the same paragraph...

I said "sort-of useless"

heh. I was referring to their characters more than their capabilities.

Rhyo said:
One of my new pet theories (hey, I was trained as a scientist and every good scientist has more than one theory up her sleeve) is that the "oppositon party" has gotten their hands on one of the super-soldier serum rejects (like the supposedly dead Lieberman). Someone who looks a LOT like Captain America, and in a Cap costume would be a pretty convincing-looking figure....
* Looks over at his Captain America and The Falcon TPBS, with Naval Cap... *
Naaaahhh...

Ultimates said:
lol, get your facts straight man....i love when people act like they know what they are talking about, and they dont (nigma). First glance at that car it is VERY obvious that it is NOT a 4th generation f-bird. The second i saw that thing, i said "oh that looks alot like my 92!", but it actually looks like it could be from 90-91. The only discrepency i had was the bird on the hood, dont think it came like that factory (not 100% sure though), but it looks good, like Smokey and the Bandit style.

I have a 3rd generation camaro, look at the random ranting thread, there the same car with a different name, 3rd gen on the camaro at least ran from 82-92. from all the 3rd gen that i have seen from shows and on the street I have never seen a spoiler that big on a 3rd gen, i have only seen that big of a spoiler on a few 4th gen cars.

edit: on second thought i have seen a spoiler tht big on a 3rd gen, it was at a local car show about a few years ago. a guy had just dropped a 405 small block into it and added a few other tweaks....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back