How would you rate this issue?

Votes: 8 22.2%

Votes: 13 36.1%

Votes: 10 27.8%

Votes: 3 8.3%

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
notTHATtodd said:
Oh, who doesn't like the minoature asian girls from Mothra?

Everyone in the world.

And just to add my two cents to this: I think it really is because Hitch has been drawing the Ultimates in a very realistic style (almost hyper-realistic) and then this guy comes along and draws in a style much more comic bookish. Kinda kills the feel of the characters. Hitch did the opposite of this when he drew Professor X as Patrick Stewart earlier. While I certain understood the reason for this, I actually prefer the Prof X that doesn't resemble his onscreen counterpart. That's just personal oppinion, of course.

I agree.

notTHATtodd said:
I guess I just have a thing for miniture asian girls.

Actually, they don't have to be miniture...

I do too, just not ones on film who ride a giant moth.

From the Multiple Mutant Factions Thread http://www.ultimatecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3700&page=3&pp=15&highlight=Pringles:

DIrishB said:
If they do introduce Jubilee, I hope it isn't for a LONG while. And when they introduce her she should be above 18, and wear only a thong. Cuz 18 year old Asian chicks in thongs are hot. This simple post is over now.

I was never into Asian chicks until I hooked up with one. They're like Pringles, once you pop you can't stop. Just something about them.

DIrishB said:
Thats awesome news!!! Shows the Ultimate titles are pulling their weight at Marvel and we'll still be discussing these books years from now, yea baby!!

Marvel prints comics to order. Technically every issue is a sell out.

I've found that just about the only times they announce it is when they need to give a book a boost due to poor reviews.

UltimateE said:
Marvel prints comics to order. Technically every issue is a sell out.

I've found that just about the only times they announce it is when they need to give a book a boost due to poor reviews.

:(

Took the wind right out of my sails on that one. Still, I know some of the Ultimate books are top ten sellers on a regular basis, so I'll use that to back up my previous statement.

I just read this issue. Thanks to Project for sending it to me... :rockon:.

The art was okay. Not great but not bad. I feel the same about the story. The hightlight was the Hulk refrence in their. I don't think it was on par with the normal Ultimates series. I also don't know if I've said this but I'll hate the idea of an Ultimate Avengers. That's what the Ultimates are. They shouldn't make another team.

thee great one said:

The art was okay. Not great but not bad. I feel the same about the story. The hightlight was the Hulk refrence in their. I don't think it was on par with the normal Ultimates series. I also don't know if I've said this but I'll hate the idea of an Ultimate Avengers. That's what the Ultimates are. They shouldn't make another team.

I thought you liked the idea of Ultimates Disassembled and then Ultimate New Ultimates?

thee great one said:

I disagree, I like the idea of Ultimate Avengers. Its just another evolution of the characters and the team as a whole. And with the movie titled that, its a pretty good indication this is the direction they're heading (besides just the cross-promotional recognizability of both names). And at least in the Ultimate Universe they have something to avenge (Hawkeye's family, the traitor, being used as pawns by the government, etc).

marvelman said:
Good point bringing up Caligula and Roman History!

However, I think the situation is more like Catalina in that the traitor doesn't like the country's direction, wants to change it, and wants to take over with his plans and ideas at the head of the country. Fury sees where the world is headed- he is preparing for the war with his own superteam.

Then again, it could be Cap, who sees that Fury is indeed doing this, and wants to stop Fury from doing what he is doing, as we saw Cap isn't too happy with Fury in Ultimate Six. (see Leather_wolf's signature right below this post) He seemed pretty set on stopping Fury at some point with his expressions and dialogue. He just doesnt like what Fury's doing.

Now that I think about it, I think Millar is going to throw us a twist: It was Cap who is the traitor, but he is going against Fury and his policies.

Yeah, this works!!!:

Cap has Jan and Hawkeye on his side, thinks he has Natasha, Jan or someone visits Hank, Fury gets word from Natasha or Jarvis or Son of Satan or someone what Cap is doing, so he sets out to take out Hawkeye and Cap's "Avengers", i.e. Fury kills Hawkeye. So it wouldn't be the traitor who killed Hawkeye. Fury woulda also "killed" Banner, taken out Thor, i.e. phasing out the other people, and now he has to take action against the "traitor," the one who is staying true to American beliefs, Cap'n America. Stark will have to choose sides, Fury will have an army to fight his war, and Cap and the Avengers will be "traitors" and try to stop him. And Loki would have allied himself with the "real traitor," something quite "powerful," i.e. all of SHIELD.

The title of Traitor is all about point of view.

That's it, I've figured it out! Eureka!

Anywho, Caligula was just a crazy old coot.

Haha -YES- DIrishB!

See, this is how it works out!!

Now just publicly state you jumped onto my bandwagon, and we will prove we are right!!

(Good, good....)

Just got to reading this one...
icemastertron said:
I bet I'm the only one who noticed this:

Look at the scene where they move to the strip club with Jarvis (who looks like he's knocked out in the first panel of that page), Tony, and Fury. Look at the guy to the left. I'd say Millar did this on purpose:

It's not really Colossus, but it looks JUST LIKE HIM in his metal form. And what is he doing? Shooing away a girl.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! :lol:
Sure it could be Colossus, and I thought that might be Cyclops there in the background (the guy with glasses looking round the corner). Am I the only one who spotted this? Yay me!

Latest posts

Back