How would you rate this issue?

Votes: 8 22.2%

Votes: 13 36.1%

Votes: 10 27.8%

Votes: 3 8.3%

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters
icemastertron said:
If I say pretty please with sugar on top, can you say now, and explain tomorrow? :mrgreen:

Nope. It's a big hint, but it's probably not what you're expecting and probably some people will be disappointed. But you'll find out tomorrow...

Bass said:
Two things - the bullet going through the scope... wasn't the bullet supposed to be intangible until it hit the target? Wouldn't it just go through the scope without it breaking?

Good point, didn't even notice that.

See, in this here annual, there is a big fat hint regarding the traitor. No one's mentioned it yet... I'll tell you all tomorrow when I update the traitor manifesto.

icemastertron said:
If I say pretty please with sugar on top, can you say now, and explain tomorrow?

Bass said:
Nope. It's a big hint, but it's probably not what you're expecting and probably some people will be disappointed. But you'll find out tomorrow...

Man, I have a sinking feeling Bass may be effing with us.

Bass said:
Two things - the bullet going through the scope... wasn't the bullet supposed to be intangible until it hit the target? Wouldn't it just go through the scope without it breaking?

Ah, but that's nitpicking.

Ha! Give this man a cookie.

Bass said:
See, in this here annual, there is a big fat hint regarding the traitor. No one's mentioned it yet... I'll tell you all tomorrow when I update the traitor manifesto.

Good - I didn't see anything that might have been what Millar was talking about, but I only have read it once so far and it was a pretty quick run-through.

DIrishB said:
Welcome UltDDmikeMN!! With that handle, you've officially become ManWithoutFear's new favorite member.
I already have known him for a long while from www.manwithoutfear.com

As far as you being so pysched about Wolverine VS. Hulk... I still think it's bull**** and is just another marketing ploy... I dunno why this is happening...

I gave this issue a 3.

It reminded me why I couldn't stand the old annuals. Bad Art.

I've been spoiled by Hitch.

The story - hmmmmmm. I felt like this was cobbed together - pieces of plots and storylines that Millar had once dumped and recycled - like cut out songs that shouldn't have been on a CD but came back as bonus tracks.

I did like how it shined some light on some things (Son of Satan, Hulk, etc.).

I still think Betty Ross is the traitor, lol.

Leather.

Bad art? gotta be ****ing kidding me. NO one draws like this guy, saw him on punisher? Amazing, just got this great plot and freakin' amazing art. One of the best Ultimate issues I've seen.

Comments about how Fury has been coming of out of character or as a hardcase got me thinking. So, I broke out the Eurythmics 1984 album, put up my feet, and re-read the comics. It occurs to me that Fury is not acting out of character at all, that there has been a trend in this direction since the beginning of the Ultimates, even from how he was being depicted back in early USM issues.

I'm going to let stand my impressions about how Miller has been writing an examination of current events, with the current administration and the policies we can see being enacted worled wide. Most obviously, the foriegn policy of pre-emptive strikes, which we have seen done on several occasions in the pages of the Ultimates.

If you take the alien invasion from the first series to be the mirror to 9/11, and the aftermath of civil rights being squashed in favor of "protecting" us from ourselves, and then go to the maximun extreme by throwing in super powers, it is not difficult to see a Caligula situation being breed. I see that Fury is being depicted as being at the center of the old axiom, Ultimate power corrupts ultimately...which, now that I've written that, also fits well with this lines branding.

On a side note that may not belong in this thread: my guess as to why Steve Roger and no one else is because he is a mutant of some kind. At least a mutation that allowed him to handle the changes that serum did to his body, something that the normal human body can't handle.

Good point bringing up Caligula and Roman History!

However, I think the situation is more like Catalina in that the traitor doesn't like the country's direction, wants to change it, and wants to take over with his plans and ideas at the head of the country. Fury sees where the world is headed- he is preparing for the war with his own superteam.

Then again, it could be Cap, who sees that Fury is indeed doing this, and wants to stop Fury from doing what he is doing, as we saw Cap isn't too happy with Fury in Ultimate Six. (see Leather_wolf's signature right below this post) He seemed pretty set on stopping Fury at some point with his expressions and dialogue. He just doesnt like what Fury's doing.

Now that I think about it, I think Millar is going to throw us a twist: It was Cap who is the traitor, but he is going against Fury and his policies.

Yeah, this works!!!:

Cap has Jan and Hawkeye on his side, thinks he has Natasha, Jan or someone visits Hank, Fury gets word from Natasha or Jarvis or Son of Satan or someone what Cap is doing, so he sets out to take out Hawkeye and Cap's "Avengers", i.e. Fury kills Hawkeye. So it wouldn't be the traitor who killed Hawkeye. Fury woulda also "killed" Banner, taken out Thor, i.e. phasing out the other people, and now he has to take action against the "traitor," the one who is staying true to American beliefs, Cap'n America. Stark will have to choose sides, Fury will have an army to fight his war, and Cap and the Avengers will be "traitors" and try to stop him. And Loki would have allied himself with the "real traitor," something quite "powerful," i.e. all of SHIELD.

The title of Traitor is all about point of view.

That's it, I've figured it out! Eureka!

Anywho, Caligula was just a crazy old coot.

Last edited:
Yes, the art sucked IMO compared to Hitch's. Again - that's my opinion. I just didn't like it.

I'm a huge Tim Bradstreet, Luis Royo fan - I like my comic art to look REAL - to look like, well, film stills.

The art in this was just plain ho-hum standard run of the mill art to me.

And it looked very rushed.

Leather

Bass said:

*Taps toes impatiently*

leather_w0lf said:
Yes, the art sucked IMO compared to Hitch's. Again - that's my opinion. I just didn't like it.

I'm a huge Tim Bradstreet, Luis Royo fan - I like my comic art to look REAL - to look like, well, film stills.

The art in this was just plain ho-hum standard run of the mill art to me.

And it looked very rushed.

Leather

If you read "Preacher" you'd have more respect for the guy, the Art didn't bother me at all... In fact, I really liked his Fury.

Secondly... I don't think Captain America is the traitor...because of who he is, because of what he stands for, and because they're not going to turn him into a Bad Guy...

And because he's Fury's *****. Would the guy standing against everything Fury's America stands for yell at that kid like he did? No, thats the guy who's blindly following America into the Twenty-First Century... Its Captain America, not Colonel, not General, but Captain. He's not in charge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bass said:

Ah, but that's nitpicking.

It could be like a torpedo in that it only arms as it arrives in the proximity of the target. It's "phased" for the first whatever yards and then becomes solid.

See, thats what they all want you to think (that Cap is Nick's *****), but really, cap is NOT nick's *****; rather, he is conspiring against him, just like Brutus was not Caesar's *****.

marvelman said:
See, thats what they all want you to think (that Cap is Nick's *****), but really, cap is NOT nick's *****; rather, he is conspiring against him, just like Brutus was not Caesar's *****.
Or maybe, they want you to think Cap is, but than make you think that Cap isnt Nick's *****, but really he has been all along!

No! Cap Is No one's *****! Dammit!

You'll see! You'll all see! I'll be right and you guys will all be sorry!

Or you'll just say "Oh, he was right." :furious: :arrgh: :dazed: :dead:

marvelman said:
No! Cap Is No one's *****! Dammit!

You'll see! You'll all see! I'll be right and you guys will all be sorry!

Or you'll just say "Oh, he was right." :furious: :arrgh: :dazed: :dead:
I was just joking.....

Latest posts

Back